PDA

View Full Version : In-game forums = broken

Selendor
20-09-03, 11:17
Ok, this is getting annoying now.

I'm sure you've all noticed that the order of replies to the game forums have been screwed since the last patch, but thats just an inconvenience compared to whats also happening.

On Saturn the CA faction forum has 10 YEARS of posts missing.

Also in there are loads of threads COMPLETELY VANISHING from my clan's forum. This was happening in my previous clan's forum too, so its not specific to the clan. A cursory check on the 'general' and 'political' forums doesn't seem to have any major time holes.

Now, since we all know how unwieldy those forums are to write in and reply to ( >5 posts in a thread = 2 fps), and I for one don't fancy retyping the long posts I've made in my clan forum, I would appreciate it if someone could look into it, or at least acknowledge the problem.:mad:

I would have put this in the interface bug forum, but I want to know if other servers and factions are seeing the problem too. Perhaps the mods can move it after enough people have seen this.

So are your forums bugged too?

Sel

Benjie
20-09-03, 11:34
Yes I get this too on pluto. I hate it.

Beowulf
20-09-03, 14:55
same thing on venus.
I retyped all the vanished posts, and they disapeared again, like 1 week ago.
So I made an IrL forum for my clan :mad:

sparrowtm
20-09-03, 14:58
No difference on Jupiter. If there's one thing I REALLY would like to see fixed with a new patch, it would be this.

It's miserable ... :(

Nidhogg
20-09-03, 15:26
Don't look at me - I always personally meet or email someone if I remove their in-game thread (and that's only ever done if it's OOC). The forums are pretty messed up in-game. I'll try and get some more information on whether they are being addressed...

N

Jolt
20-09-03, 15:53
Think its been fixed in a test server patch long ago...just gota wait for the next patch... x.x

SilentGravity
20-09-03, 21:57
Man the next patch is gona have so many things in it, I just have a feeling that the servers are going to explode from all the new bugs.

Yes NEW bugs, when was the last large patch we had that did not mess the game up big time?

Heavyporker
20-09-03, 22:06
Oh man, I hate using the ingame forums... so unwieldly.

I hear something about the textbeing RENDERED?! WTF? Why in the scattered stars would anyone want rendered text on forums?! Just... agh!

Interesting sig, benjie. Lucky I got your previous sig before you changed it, lol.

Oh, and you need to clear you mailbox... I tried replying to your PMs last night.

StryfeX
20-09-03, 22:27
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Oh man, I hate using the ingame forums... so unwieldly.

I hear something about the textbeing RENDERED?! WTF? Why in the scattered stars would anyone want rendered text on forums?! Just... agh!Well, that would explain why I get down to about 5 FPS when I view a monster-thread...

--Stryfe

Nidhogg
21-09-03, 01:33
I'm told that CoDi has implemented a number of in-game forum fixes that will be coming in with the next retail patch. As always I can't guarantee anything but let's just wait and see.

N

Heavyporker
21-09-03, 01:48
Oh, blessedness...

Crahn smiles upon us!

Rade
21-09-03, 01:51
Why cant they just link the ingame forums to forums we can access via a browser, ie these forums. Would be so neat.

Heavyporker
21-09-03, 02:34
Uh... lets not start, rade. Being able to access stuff ingame from outside the game won't do this game good.

Selendor
21-09-03, 02:38
Thanks for looking into that Nidhogg ;)

Scikar
21-09-03, 04:11
Originally posted by StryfeX
Well, that would explain why I get down to about 5 FPS when I view a monster-thread...

--Stryfe

There is a bug with ATi drivers which causes this, the fix is to go to diplay properties--> advanced--> troubleshooting and move the slider back one notch. If you don't have an ATi card then I dunno. :p

Rade
21-09-03, 10:29
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Uh... lets not start, rade. Being able to access stuff ingame from outside the game won't do this game good.

?

Exactly how do you mean?

Currently there is a black market forum here, and a bunch of trade forums ingame, why not have it all be one forum, so that you could access it both ingame and out of the game? Ive seen this solution for other mmorpgs and its wonderfull *shrug*

Selendor
26-09-03, 20:54
Originally posted by Nidhogg
I'm told that CoDi has implemented a number of in-game forum fixes that will be coming in with the next retail patch. As always I can't guarantee anything but let's just wait and see.

N

It hasn't been fixed, I've just logged on and noticed posts missing from my clan forum.

With this still happening, all trust in the forums has gone for me. There can be critical posts from members that we won't see. It didn't used to be this way, it seems to be the patch before the most recent two (that screwed up the order of posts too) that caused this.

I posted this in the facts thread, but its on page 7 and I'm not sure if its being read.