PDA

View Full Version : Is this a crazy idea? Rare ID numbers.

Cass
20-09-03, 10:07
I don't know the logistics of whether a rare piece that's already in someone's inventory could have the name changed on the fly... That's the only glitch I see in this idea, but...

I propose KK rename all the rares so that:
Wrecked Hull part to Pain Easer would become
Wrecked Hull part to Pain Easer (46a)

Give every rare a number.

This would make it SOOOOOOOO much easier to inventory your rares, and so much easier to tell someone what you've got.

Everyone with even 10+ rares has them written down somewhere, and a lot of those people use either a pen & paper checklist or some type of 3rd party inventory system.

Why not assign a number to each rare, in title only, for all individual rare pieces? Make the number different for each weapon/spell/tool, and the a/b/c would be tech/hull/core etc.

I cant imagine that this would take more than a couple hours for a DEV to do. Just get a list of all rares, number them, then rename the parts on the list. They gotta have an accurate list of all those pieces, right? :D

And I kinda like it from a continuity basis too. Look at the weaponmod (example D38H6/MOD-4) and implant parts (example 431-DDHT6-B) already in game. It makes sense to me that rares should have numbers too, because there's so damn many. And more with each patch.

Oath
20-09-03, 10:23
i think they already have an idea like that in teh pipeline dude.

Q`alooaith
20-09-03, 14:13
Trouble is, we've probably already run into the thousands of rare parts of each type..

Lethal Virus
20-09-03, 18:05
I myself hate the idea.

FBI
20-09-03, 18:13
so techparts should get a random ID so that when they are identified,
it can be confirmed that those are your parts and not the swapped
ones by the deceiful researcher.

Q`alooaith
20-09-03, 20:05
Originally posted by FBI
so techparts should get a random ID so that when they are identified,
it can be confirmed that those are your parts and not the swapped
ones by the deceiful researcher.

the only result would be the researcher would "drop" a few TL's and fail a bit...

Cass
20-09-03, 20:19
Originally posted by Oath
i think they already have an idea like that in teh pipeline dude. How'd I miss that one? Got a link?
Originally posted by Lethal Virus
I myself hate the idea. Gee thanks for that. Any particular reason why, or do you just hate everything? Powerposting jackass.
Originally posted by FBI
so techparts should get a random ID so that when they are identified, it can be confirmed that those are your parts and not the swapped ones by the deceiful researcher. No that aint what im sayin at all. I'm sayin First Love is rare #53, and it's parts would be known as 53a 53b 53c 53d etc. Think about it. You'd set up your Plaza 3rd level apartment for rare storage. Cab 1 would be rares 1-10, 2 would be 11-20, and so on. Once you had too many in that apartment, you could move everything ID#50+ to the 2nd one. It would also make it a lot easier to do an accurate inventory.
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
the only result would be the researcher would "drop" a few TL's and fail a bit... Huh?? I just strained my brain trying to figure out what you're talking about. Ouch. :D
Trouble is, we've probably already run into the thousands of rare parts of each type.. Nope. I count 61 rares, including MC5 chips. If each one had 6 parts, that'd only be 366 different parts.

Q`alooaith
20-09-03, 21:00
So your not talking about ID number's the way FBI is...

Your talking about adding a extra bit to a rare's name...

Many people in this thread think your talking about giving each and every rarepart an ID code, which IMHO is rather silly as there's just so many..

And the researcher bit..

A researcher, says he can do T parts, and start's your T's, and see's a part he need's, he wait's till near the ned of the run, and say's he's failed one, and thus he gain's a rarepart...
ATM a researcher, can ress all your parts, and swap parts they need out form their own parts supply..

Cass
20-09-03, 21:57
A researcher, says he can do T parts, and start's your T's, and see's a part he need's, he wait's till near the ned of the run, and say's he's failed one, and thus he gain's a rarepart...
ATM a researcher, can ress all your parts, and swap parts they need out form their own parts supply..

That's completely unrelated to the topic of this thread. I suggest a remote research tool, personally. (I have a TL172 unbuffed resser, I've done my share of research). Actually I suggest making the rares so they dont break. What's the fookin point of that anyways?

In regards to the "vast quantity of rares" you keep bringing up, I'll say it again. There's only 61 currently in game by my count. Please read my original post again and maybe something you missed will sink in. :D

FBI
21-09-03, 03:43
well while we are talking about id numbers, i proposed my
idea for researching tech parts.

:angel:

FBI

Q`alooaith
21-09-03, 03:51
Originally posted by Cass

In regards to the "vast quantity of rares" you keep bringing up, I'll say it again. There's only 61 currently in game by my count. Please read my original post again and maybe something you missed will sink in. :D

kid, you missed the point... you said

"Wrecked Hull part to Pain Easer (46a)

Give every rare a number. "

and this can be taken as each and every rarepart getting an ID number, so Pain Easer part one is (01A) and such..

it's easy for it to get confused esp as FBI, made a statment about researchers nicking or swaping rareparts, and how this would stop it (which your idea would not, but his interpretation[each rarepart has it's own ID, no other parts have the same ID] would be)

see... easy misstake.. I'm not sure, a number or tag on rareparts might be nice, but I'd much prefer to keep em as is, it's not hard to give each rarepart your own code, and then keep a list of codes and how many you've got and where..

Heavyporker
21-09-03, 03:56
Wait, I think I understand!

The ID number would be on the part, BEFORE it gets ressed, so, you'd know if you got the same piece back after you handed it to a researcher!

Ahh!! The clarity of crahn's light pierces me!

Q`alooaith
21-09-03, 03:59
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Wait, I think I understand!

The ID number would be on the part, BEFORE it gets ressed, so, you'd know if you got the same piece back after you handed it to a researcher!

Ahh!! The clarity of crahn's light pierces me!

NO, that's not what he's suggesting, that what some other people though he was talking about...

He's talking about a Sort code for rare's so he can keep track of his massive supply's more easly without doing any legwork..

FBI
21-09-03, 04:05
Bah... alright ill make my own thread to post this as i'm deverting
the topic to tradeskill related crap.

Heavyporker
21-09-03, 04:05
Uh.

Then....

what's the point? more overhead for databases, and don't tech parts already stack by type?!

edit - asking q'alooaith...

and fbi, that'd cause pandemonium.

Q`alooaith
21-09-03, 04:10
I don't see the fucking point either HP, but thats the idea the topic starter is insiting...

FBI.. also IDed rare's would not stack if they had their own tags, as they would all be diffrent.. So there's not point to it other that to stop a resser from ripping you off, and it don't happen that often..

Heavyporker
21-09-03, 04:13
and apts everywhere would burst at the seams if they hold libraries of tech parts.

real life assassins would be hired and sent to hunt down FBI by many, many irate players, least of all clans with tech part storages and tradeskillers that spent shitloads of cash piling up parts.