PDA

View Full Version : Life handed to you on a plate?

JiNxY
20-09-03, 07:34
i dont really wanna go off topic in this (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76092) thread so i started this one.

but why shouldnt rares be rare? i hunt now and then and i have an app of parts, why shouldnt i interact with other people to get the parts i want?

to me getting a rare weapon is more stuff to do, makes me want to play more, not just handed to me on a plate. to me its like capped content like the mc5 base commander.

in the thread mentioned above i was referred to as an "idiot" and a "n00b" for thinking rares should be rare. by somebody who generally make good valid posts that see the big picture (not on this occassion imo)

id like to hear why, apart from "i need a rare to be any good"
they should be easier to find?

Why cant you put some effort in?

people complain about lack of content then want everything handed too them.

i really dont understand why the attitude i have is looked upon badly.

dont flame meh plz :( , just a reasonable answer to why game content should be removed and theres less for you to do

PS. i DO think the rare pool is full of alot of useless stuff, *glances at all the melee weapons that are just NOT used due to weapon balancing issues*

PPS. still dont flame meh

QuantumDelta
20-09-03, 07:38
bah, it's just a pet hate of mine, it also wasn't directed at you really but that other dude (not donny either ... )

Point is in a world where rares are actualy required for every day pvp and for high level pvm(power leveling mainly) "rares" as they are currently called, should so...not be rare....
If they were to be truly rare, they should have viable counterparts that could be used in their place.
This is the main reason I said any "truly unique" items should be non-stat/combat effecting but generally just RP Items ... like a staff, instead of a PSI Gauntlet (same function), or a cloak kinda like PA but with the same bonuses.
etc.

Neocron is far too PvP Based for PvM Artifacts to be considered "Extremely hard to come by." (hense;rare)

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 07:41
It's hard for me not to flame the thread started because of the way he's wording his post.

It's too black and white and extreme.

You sound like one of those people who say "OMFG YOU WANT GM SPAWNED TOYS AND FREE ACCOUNTS" just because someone says "i want an increase in drop rate".

You either see it

Here<---------------------------------------------------------------->Or here

Heavyporker
20-09-03, 07:56
Yeah, I kind of agree with QD here - the tech part superiors have to be standard equipment for anyone PvP-oriented, otherwise they would have to go too far out of their way to be able to fight on a equal footing to those with superiors.

*RARE* RP items would be very nice... I love the idea of a staff taking place of the psi glove (wouldn't it rock if you had a staff and the PSI PA?! That would truly rock). It'd have to be visible to others, though...

JiNxY
yeh i agree PvP is the main aspect for many people in neocron, and to enjoy it most people need to win.
which i agree does geneally need a rare.
and perhaps it is a bit hard to get the rare you desire, and will increase as more game items are added. which makes things more rare. so theres clearly a problem.

i have no deep emotions towards this topic, i dont care if the rare drops go up or down, just i think game content is good :/

and to Mr Shadow :)

i dont see whats wrong in the way i posted:
-i stated why i had no problem with rare drops at this moment in time
-i ask why rares should be easier to find.

your third paragraph was a flame, naughty, and in what way do i sound like that?? i never once went over the top in my post, i stated facts, and you disliked my opinion.

the last bit i will take as your reply, you either like it or you dont :)

yeh i also love the alt items idea, adds some new content!

Shadow Dancer
I like the way porker calls them UNIQUES!

That's what they should be called.

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 07:59
Originally posted by JiNxY

and to Mr Shadow :)

i dont see whats wrong in the way i posted:
-i stated why i had no problem with rare drops at this moment in time
-i ask why rares should be easier to find.

your third paragraph was a flame, naughty, and in what way do i sound like that?? i never once went over the top in my post, i stated facts, and you disliked my opinion.

the last bit i will take as your reply, you either like it or you dont :)

How was my third comment a flame?

Anyways, you didn't JUST state facts but also opinions as well. "They complain about content, then want everything handed to them"

"then want everything handed to them"<----need I say more? That's most certainly not a face, just an opinion and a generalization as well as an exaggeration.

IMO.

Why is it if someone wants to increase drop rate, you have to over-exaggerate and say they don't want to work for anything, they want everything handed to them in a plate, etc....?

JiNxY
20-09-03, 08:41
yes there was opinion, hence i put, "you didnt like my opinion"
lol, and i never said in my post that i stated JUST facts, you really arent happy with me are you heheheehe, looking for alternative stuff to use against me that really isnt relevant lol as everything on this forum is an opinion :rolleyes:

yeh your third line wasnt a direct flame but you would be insulted if i said thats what you were, wouldnt you? so to you it is an insult. you said it to me, hence im insulted, especially seen as u know im not like that . (i just re-read that not sure if it even makes sense lol, dont care im tired)

and yeh ok that was an exageration but in context of the conversation and well within sane boundaries of OMG GIVE ME FREE STUFF SO I R TEH SHIZNIT UBAR GUY thingy

my whole arguement basically revolves around a timesink within the game, KK want you to spend ages looking for your rare, it drags the game out more.

as a droner i know about timesinks lol, im glad PN's are BP'able,
you could say to me, "why dont you put the effort in and go get atifact PN's and use those if your so fucking hooked up on context and goddamn effort", and i would reply: "fair point lol"
BUT we all know why these BP'able drones have been given to droners.

in conclusion shadow :p i still have the same opinion i had before (untill they dilute the pool even more)
and i still cant see why your so annoyed at my opinion.
it just shows were different people who get something different out of the game.

othe people are more than welcome to express their hatred for the rare system (and jinx) >>>>>>>>>>>>

Shadow Dancer
20-09-03, 08:49
yes there was opinion, hence i put, "you didnt like my opinion"
lol, and i never said in my post that i stated JUST facts, you really arent happy with me are you heheheehe, looking for alternative stuff to use against me that really isnt relevant lol as everything on this forum is an opinion :rolleyes:

You know I love you.

yeh your third line wasnt a direct flame but you would be insulted if i said thats what you were, wouldnt you? so to you it is an insult. you said it to me, hence im insulted, especially seen as u know im not like that . (i just re-read that not sure if it even makes sense lol, dont care im tired)

I wouldn't have seen it as an insult, i probably would have said "wtf? why do you say that?"

in conclusion shadow :p i still have the same opinion i had before (untill they dilute the pool even more)
and i still cant see why your so annoyed at my opinion.
it just shows were different people who get something different out of the game.

Sorry I just get annoyed when people exaggerate to an extreme.

othe people are more than welcome to express their hatred for the rare system (and jinx) >>>>>>>>>>>>

My only beef with the rare system is that it shouldn't be called rares first of all, it should be called Unique. Secondly there is too much crap in there rare parts pool, THAT is what I hate the most. Third, slot should be guaranteed on all rares. Guns NEED at least one slot.

JiNxY
20-09-03, 09:21
yeh i really have to agree the rare pool has alot of crap
(you see stuff like electric tempests and PoB parts thrown about in p1), i bought a 2 slot PoT for 20k 120% in all stats before mods and gave it to a new guy who wanted to go melee hehehe id let him buy the loms himself later, i did warn him ;)

that IMO is a joke and not a rare

hmmm its mostly tank weapons i see people throwing away O.o i think tanks need some kind of loving at the moment but i dunno what. besides im not the idea guy. Thats the job of... well, Everybody whos posted in the thread so far actually. you guys come up with some very good ideas.

blah blah blah anyway. i realise im in the minority being comfortable with any rare system, (but prefering the current over certain solutions ;) )
AND its been discussed a million times already
AND theres no real futher use for this thread, cos it was in relation to that other thread but i didnt want to drag it off topic and get my head bitten off lol
AND shadows not after my blood anymore, im sure i'll get a few HL blasts for it tho lol.

Closed

-Forseti
-N
-Garm
-Ulle
-Gotterdammerung
-Gungnir + [pic]

delete as required :D

mdares
20-09-03, 09:24
the thing is the possibilities of not getting a slot on a rare is such that u need to mechanically "harvest" (a la evercamp) to get that rare with decent slottages... takes u ages... i know someone whos built 5 SHs and all get only 2 slots max (one of them( and crapy stats. wut does he do? hunts and then sits in medi asking who wants to trade or sell parts... sounds fun? :wtf:

Gotterdammerung
20-09-03, 09:25
closed as per thread starters request