PDA

View Full Version : Places to buy your games?

Sleawer
20-09-03, 06:40
I'd be interested in knowing the most known places to buy games throught internet.

I know of Amazon.uk.co, but the game that I am looking for is not in stock there.

Sorry if I am breaking a rule.

ps: This is for Europe btw.

Mankind
20-09-03, 06:42
Don't think you are breaking any rules.

I personally don't pay for computer games, I get them another way which I'm not allowed to discuss so, good luck finding a place to buy them online. I'd assume any search engine is good as the next to find them.

Richard Slade
20-09-03, 07:42
Mostly Mankind way here (1337 wrestler btw)..
But when a game is so damn good you really think "Woaah these guys rock) (Read:When BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT puts a game inte store) I just go to my local neato all-around-rpg-pc-console-salesman since he's got so damn good prices

QuantumDelta
20-09-03, 07:45
Honestly ain't sure, possibly better to ask someone you know with a CC or something to buy it and send it to you and pay for it by cheque or paypal or somethin..

Smugly
20-09-03, 12:36
Well I once bought through www.game.uk.com, wanted a Pre ordered Platinum Gamecube that time and Phantasy Star Online which I couldn't see in any shops. Prices are a good 5 quid cheaper than in their stores too, prompting questions like why the hell can't they drop their prices instore. Particuly since other stores are quite prepared to do so.

I've visited game.co.uk before but I never bought anything so can't vouch for their honesty. I think MSN has links to several UK game stores (doubtless giving priority coverage to Xbox) though I can't remember any direct links for the life of me.

Benjie
20-09-03, 13:04
For imported games:
http://importmadness.co.uk/
http://www.play-asia.com/

For second hand games:
www.amazon.co.uk
www.ebay.co.uk

For free old games:
http://www.the-underdogs.org/
www.freeoldies.com

Mods please don't edit this, there are no warez or old-warez at underdogs. Just games abandoned by there publishers.

J. Folsom
20-09-03, 13:47
Originally posted by Benjie
Mods please don't edit this, there are no warez or old-warez at underdogs. Just games abandoned by there publishers. They should offer Neocron for download there. :p

--

Anyway, if I'm looking for a game, I usually just run a search for it, most of the time it'll turn up at least one shop selling it, though it's best to be careful if you come to a site which you've never heard of and can't find any information of elsewhere.

ben77890
20-09-03, 13:54
i dont use amazon uk for anything, wont touch them with a 20 foot barge pole, they wanted me to pay for them to deliver cron, when it wasnt out yet, and then when it was out, it was gonna take them a month to get it to me.

went to game uk.com, got it two days after uk release. says a lot doesnt it

Smugly
20-09-03, 14:20
Strange, I was fine with Amazon and 'Cron. Ordered it, sure paid a bit of postage but that's normal with smaller orders, and got it two days later.

Benjie
20-09-03, 14:33
Originally posted by ben77890
i dont use amazon uk for anything, wont touch them with a 20 foot barge pole, they wanted me to pay for them to deliver cron, when it wasnt out yet, and then when it was out, it was gonna take them a month to get it to me.

went to game uk.com, got it two days after uk release. says a lot doesnt it
Amazon are good. They probabally just didn't have Neocron in stock at the time. Seriously Amazon is one of the best places to get games. And all company's charge a few squid delivery . Some just tie it in with the cost of the game.

Sleawer
20-09-03, 15:48
Thanks guys, my problem with amazon is just that they dont have the game in stock, and the third party sellers dont ship outside UK (I live in Spain).

I will try with some of the links you posted here... if you have more, please continue posting.

btw, anyone knows how much time these sites need to refresh their stock?

edit: holy shit, everyone has the game out of stock..

Mattimeo
20-09-03, 16:56
Originally posted by Sleawer
Thanks guys, my problem with amazon is just that they dont have the game in stock, and the third party sellers dont ship outside UK (I live in Spain).

I will try with some of the links you posted here... if you have more, please continue posting.

btw, anyone knows how much time these sites need to refresh their stock?

edit: holy shit, everyone has the game out of stock..

amazon seems to lag a couple of hours about their stock (found this out near one christmas) but that may have been due to volume.

Also, if everyone is out of stock of the item it may be a)discontinued or b)a hot item that can't keep up with demand.