PDA

View Full Version : Droner Ideaz - Unnerf Teh Dronez

Alan Sharp
19-09-03, 21:17
Ive noticed that drones have quite a few problems, which make them harder to use in PvP and hunting in general.

For Example make drones easier to fly, make them be able to do full rolls and loops, so you can do more evasive attacks in combat, make the left / right keys controll the roll and use the mouse for directions, then make 2 more keys for the strafe left/right options.

Also drones are too hard to identify in combat, so make them like rares and have some kind of ID in the corner of them.

Kami drones are cool, maybe it would be cool to have them remote detonated, like you can place them around and have them blow on remote command, just like them blowing when u fly them but you could place one then wait till someone walks over, BOOM instant explosion without them knowing there is a droner in the area.

Make drones SLOTTED, and have some drone mods, such as stealth / speed/ afterburners for an added boost / upgrade repairs/ upgrade firepower / some kind of silencer would be cool.

Drone mods would let droners customise their drones and allow some different firepower.

It would also be cool for drones to be either more lightweight, or more firepower. as droners have to carry a lot of different drones, on the character that doesnt have much STR, imagine a tank having to carry 5 TPC because they destroy after a few good hits.

Droners desperately need some improvements, or we wont have many ppl in the profession

SeXy Happy
19-09-03, 21:47
Couldn't agree more. I absolutely love droning, but there are too many issues that are driving me to want to go play my tank instead. At least my tank won't bug out on me. Give the dronez some love kk. You have a great idea going with them just don't let it fall under from not enough attention.

Legoias
19-09-03, 21:48
Slotted drones would be cool but a bit odd, how about increasing the build cap a little ?

Edit: Adding a minimum hover hight like 1 or 2m might stop them getting stuck in the ground.

SeXy Happy
19-09-03, 21:52
Yeah even if the build could be greatly upgraded to what you can get with weapons...I don't understand the reason for them being so low on the cap. KK make it to where we get equal opportunity! I like the idea of mods, but if not that at least up the quality or if someone could just give me the reason that KK made the quality so low, please.

Jolt
19-09-03, 21:57
I dont like the idea of slotted drones, its already enough pain getting a few made. With slotted drones you would have to get alot more made and throw out the non-slotted ones. (getting slots would be insanly difficult on the higher tl pb-20/PN drones.

I like the idea of a drone launcher which can be slotted and the rares wouldnt have a quality cap. It would also make drones much more dispossible like they should be.

Alan Sharp
20-09-03, 00:15
Instead of making drones more disposable, try making them more sturdy, or improve the dmg dealt for instance make them take less DMG because in PvP a droner stands no chance in 1 on 1 unless hidden.

Make them either lightweight so we can carry more of them, or stronger so we can carry less of them.

Another idea would be to remove the height cap and use it like range, for example a drone with 2000m range can go 2000m from the droner in any direction, either horizontaly or vertically, that would make drones easier to use in sneak attakcs and spotting enemy runners

JiNxY
20-09-03, 01:05
better dmg/diff dmg types, less bugs.

anything else is changing droning too much. i dont want new stuff till bugs are fixed.

i dont mind the idea of slots if its JUST ONE slot, on every drone.
(maybe two dunno tho, depends on balancing issues i guess)

i also like the idea of a glove that has slots, and you load it with a drone from ya inventory and launch it, then the done then gets the stats of the glove. although that means a delayed launch time which could be the difference between life and death, unless you have lots of gloves, but then you'll lose them all the time and its another time sink for building more. anyway thats discussed elsewhere, but i cant see it being implemented ever :/

a minimum height is a bad way around the problem of getting stuck on the ground, cant get though low gaps (under pipes in aggies for example) and still wouldnt stop us getting stuck on higher objects.

i would however like to see a big increase in hover height for drones such as PN (if we can fly at all, why cant we hover at any height?? VTOL :p)

or just delete drones and droners and save me from bitching :D

oh and i never expect droners to be good in 1Vs1 situations, its just a limitation of our class, you gotta live with it IMO. be sneakier :p

QuantumDelta
20-09-03, 01:09
Originally posted by JiNxY

oh and i never expect droners to be good in 1Vs1 situations, its just a limitation of our class, you gotta live with it IMO. be sneakier :p

Nah, there's an APU on Uranus who seems to 1 hit kill PNs with HL Everytime he even sees a drone...so bleh....

Jaggeh
20-09-03, 05:00
i killed two capped apus at tescom the other night, took a ppu casting para to blind the drone and a tank with a cs to bring it down

:(

in the end i had to stealth out at the gr, cos 2 capped ppus 2 capped tanks and 2 capped apus, are just a little too much for my level 55/58 droner :P

DRUGS !!!!!!

JiNxY
20-09-03, 05:46
Nah, there's an APU on Uranus who seems to 1 hit kill PNs with HL Everytime he even sees a drone...so bleh....

i guess i didnt really make my edit too clear :/ as a droner to make the best of my weapon i cant spare the 80 points for stealth, like PE's who can CAP a pain easer and stealth, and pain easer does more damage at a higher rate of fire with greater range, and lower TL... than a PN..

so in Face to Face (1Vs1) sitations i will always lose.
im sure most of you will think im crazy for not having stealth lol,
but untill i get my 2 rare riggers imps (to get decent stats), i refuse to lom to TC.

apart from that, i still dont get your reply lol, the "Nah" implies i was wrong to say you would lose 1 on 1 .. but then you go on to say how this apu kills drones in 1 shot... soooo i was right?

IM SO CONFUSED!!

help me QD :/

i guess when i said "our class" i should have put "of me" lol, i forgot we arent all PURE, GOD SHALL SMITE THEE DOWN UNPURE ONES!! FOR HE IS THE ALMIGHTY LORD!!! WITH ZAPPY BEAMS THAT COME FROM HIS EYES!!!, or his fingers im not quite sure really as its never happened to me, maybe its cos he has teh fog distance on minimum and he cant see me, i just dont know... no really i dont.

QuantumDelta
20-09-03, 06:08
Nah was a bristolian adding habit..heh
it was directed at your "be sneakier" - There's a certain APU on Uranus that can hit PNs from beyond fogging distance AND one hit kill with HL.
Infact he did it three times in extremely quick Succession (SSC had 3 PNs in the air) I blinked and they all fell off my local list... like....wtf........

JiNxY
20-09-03, 06:14
ah i thought maybe i was missing like something that needed an action or tone of voice to go with it, damn forums!!!, infact damn the internet for making physical and vocal representation so monotone!!, and damn me for not getting it!! CURSE YOU LORD FOR MAKING ME THIS WAY!!!!!!!

*zap*

that reminds me, nerf APU range plz, its DISGUSTING!!