PDA

View Full Version : I think tanks should get more defense!

Shadow Dancer
19-09-03, 20:14
hi. There are 2 MAIN reasons that I say this. *gets ready for flames*

1.I've seen too many damn pes already that have tank defense or better. That's lame. And rather than nerf pes and hear their whines, :p, I think tanks should get a boost. It should be ppu, tank, pe, spy, apu in terms of defense, currently it's not that way at all.

2.Solo wise apus have less defense/health/whatever than tanks, and TEH uber offense. Which is fine. However in op wars due to the presence of a ppu an apu's "defense" penalty is almost negated. I have 450 health after ppu buffs, :eek: . So once again this is unfair to tanks.

These are my main reasons for tanks getting more health/defense whatever.

Perhaps they can get a "higher" resist cap? Or they could get a higher health cap.

Also this won't be unfair to ppus. I'll tell you why. The apu has better offense than the tank, but it's not "miles apart" like the ppu's defense is to the tank. So even if the tank gets better defense/more health it still won't even come close to the unkillableness of pee pee yoos.

So what do you think?

*casts heat buff*

:p

Itth
19-09-03, 20:15
more imps wich needs high con, make hlt cap higher..

sure fine for me

Nexxy
19-09-03, 20:18
Its the APUs and PPUs which make everything unbalanced...if all monks were balanced hybrids there wouldnt be a problem. And better defence for tanks would make them too good when a PPU isnt around.

FBI
19-09-03, 20:20
the tank class died months ago, it's needs to be taken to the
ER room and revived.. but i feer it has been under flatline too long.

FBI

Shadow Dancer
19-09-03, 20:21
Originally posted by Nexxy
Its the APUs and PPUs which make everything unbalanced...if all monks were balanced hybrids there wouldnt be a problem. And better defence for tanks would make them too good when a PPU isnt around.

I disagree, the source of the imbalance is the ppu. If you fight a team with a ppu and no apu that team is gonna have a tremendous advantage due to ALL the roles a ppu has. The only "unique" role an apu has is debuffing. IF there is no ppu to debuff(once again, showing the importance of the ppu) then he's just another damage dealer. You only NEED apus because of the PPus that you NEED to take out. heh

Anyways that's for another thread.

Why do you think better defence for a tank would make them too good solo?

Originally posted by FBI

FBI

I "feer" the same. Do you have any ideas for reviving TEH tank?

Disturbed021
19-09-03, 20:24
hrmm, trying to see your point...ain't really seeing it too clearly tho.

PEs have close to the same defense if not better defense than some tanks? True, but only because PEs can self-cast Shelter and Hazard Resist 1 (with one drug).

You PPU buff a Tank and PPU buff a PE and I doubt you will still say PEs defense is better.

With the damage a CS does and 100 Con I fail too see how a Tanks defense needs to be increased. They can wear the best armors and almost cap all resistso_O and you want this to increase?

deac
19-09-03, 20:24
give em more health tanks should have like 50% more something around 700-850

FBI
19-09-03, 20:25
With parashock as it is, run nerfs and stamina nerf.. pa taking
away -ATL, impossible caps on weapons (with 100% specialization
meaning no transport)...

the class is just flawwed. They nerfed it too much to balance it
but currently today, it doesn't measure out to the new and improved
classes who've been revamped.

This is why I put pluto on hold and went to saturn, to make spies,
a pe and a ppu.

Scikar
19-09-03, 20:26
Actually, going defence-wise:

PPU
Rade's Spy :rolleyes:
PE
Tank
Every other spy
Apu

The apu would be higher than spy if it wasn't for stealth. Also bear in mind if a spy can take full advantage of his range and stealth spy probably has better defence than tank.

Lucjan
19-09-03, 20:27
Originally posted by FBI

FBI

Exactly.

Look at http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74397
Maybe some FIR+XXR or POR resists on the new PA would be solution. I also liked Scicars idea today about lowering the reqs for light belts so tanks can use them as an alternative to energybelts.

No more ideas about tanks so far from me, I somehow forget about the existance of my tank...

Omnituens
19-09-03, 20:28
c'mon Arc, cut the '[insert class] is [under/over]powered' threads.

no more class tweaks. they are getting REALLY annoying.

Bug fixing and storyline before class tweaks.

Not a flame, just an opinion.

When KK are ready for class tweaks and ask us, then have your say. rather than just continually repeating yourself.

im saving you time here. maybe you can actually go outside now (j/k) ;)

I think tanks are fine how they are. I do think low-level tanks need help though.

Shadow Dancer
19-09-03, 20:28
Originally posted by Disturbed021

PEs have close to the same defense if not better defense than some tanks? True, but only because PEs can self-cast Shelter and Hazard Resist 1 (with one drug).

With a ppu an an apu's defense comes a bit to close to the tank, and since the tank's offense doesn't really increase with the ppu AND the apu can debuff I would say the apu outshines the tank very much in team battle.

Solo wise the pe's defense outshines the tank, REGARDLESS of the reason.

I don't think that's right.

With the damage a CS does and 100 Con I fail too see how a Tanks defense needs to be increased. They can wear the best armors and almost cap all resistso_O and you want this to increase?

Actually I would say monks have the best armor.
But yea tanks have the best natural resisisists.

Originally posted by deac
give em more health tanks should have like 50% more something around 700-850

I agree.

nonamebrandeggs
19-09-03, 20:29
Originally posted by Scikar

PPU
PE
Tank
Every other spy
Apu

Rade has a spy??? With higher defence than his PE?????

Shadow Dancer
19-09-03, 20:32

PPU

roflmao!

Funniest comment all day. :D

The apu would be higher than spy if it wasn't for stealth. Also bear in mind if a spy can take full advantage of his range and stealth spy probably has better defence than tank.

Err, i'm just talking about defense right now. Resist natural, resist armor, and health. THAT'S IT! Please let's not get too deep into it or people are gonna start stretching everything saying apus have the best defense because they kill you before you hit or spies have the best defense beacuse you can't hit what you can't see, or blah blah.

Originally posted by Omnituens
c'mon Arc, cut the '[insert class] is [under/over]powered' threads.

no more class tweaks. they are getting REALLY annoying.

Bug fixing and storyline before class tweaks.

Not a flame, just an opinion.

When KK are ready for class tweaks and ask us, then have your say. rather than just continually repeating yourself.

im saving you time here. maybe you can actually go outside now (j/k) ;)

I think tanks are fine how they are. I do think low-level tanks need help though.

Why do you make a big deal about these threads? First of all I never said tanks were underpowered. The only class I called underpowered are spies. Secondly if you don't like these threads of mine don't click them or put me on ignore. You think their annoying? You annoy me as well when you come into my thread just to say the same bs of "omg dude wtf stfu already".

I love thinking about class balance. So what? Is it really that big of a deal?

Scikar
19-09-03, 20:36
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
Rade has a spy??? With higher defence than his PE?????

Yeah on test server, a pistol spy with some crazy setup. Just do a search for "Spies need more defence" and you should find a post by Rade in all of them, something along the lines of "Spies have better defence than a PE if setup right," or "My spy is unbeaten in a duel" etc.

Lucjan
19-09-03, 20:38

1. Tanks can't cap all resists
2. CS does good damage, but so does FL or HL for example
3. Where did that "tanks have the best armor" came from? Tanks might have the biggest armor considering the look of the power armor, but what counts are the numbers. As far as something didnt changed today, the best and most powerful armor is PSI armor.

Disturbed021
19-09-03, 20:46
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
With a ppu an an apu's defense comes a bit to close to the tank, and since the tank's offense doesn't really increase with the ppu AND the apu can debuff I would say the apu outshines the tank very much in team battle.

I agree that a PPU buffed APU does outshine the tank. But if you increase the natural defense of a Tank then PPU buff 'em lord help us all :lol:

Solo wise the pe's defense outshines the tank, REGARDLESS of the reason.

I don't think that's right.

Well thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. I disagree tho.
I think solo it should be PPU, PE, Tank, Spy, APU. A tank deals more damage than any class but the APU and should be left that way. You should not have the class that deals the most damage have the most defense as well.

I would have to say the only possible tweak I feel is needed is maybe an increase in health points. They should have more than any other class, but defense in general; resists, armor, etc.. no way.

Shadow Dancer
19-09-03, 20:49
I agree that a PPU buffed APU does outshine the tank. But if you increase the natural defense of a Tank then PPU buff 'em lord help us all :lol:

Well they would have a better role in op battles then. An apu buffed by a ppu in an op battle is scary, why shouldn't it be the same for a tank?

I disagree tho.
I think solo it should be PPU, PE, Tank, Spy, APU.

Why should the "supposed" joat character have better defense than a gen tank?

You should not have the class that deals the most damage have the most defense as well.

But the apu doesn't have the best defense, lol

Tanks are supposed to have 2nd best offense and defense, realisticly they don't have 2nd best defense.

Either they should get 2nd best defense or something should be given to them that would make them more unique.

At least we agree they should have more health.

Disturbed021
19-09-03, 20:54
Originally posted by Lucjan
1. Tanks can't cap all resists
2. CS does good damage, but so does FL or HL for example
3. Where did that "tanks have the best armor" came from? Tanks might have the biggest armor considering the look of the power armor, but what counts are the numbers. As far as something didnt changed today, the best and most powerful armor is PSI armor.

1. Didnt say they COULD cap all resists I said they can almost cap all resists. And with 100 con yes they ALMOST can cap all the resists that matter.

2. True. But both classes that use FL and HL have shit defense. Spies only have stealth which imo is great, APUs only have the PSI Armor which is great as well but without buffs they still have shit defense. My point is that for the amount of damage they do they should not have better defense than they already have.

3. K I do have to agree there. But add the numbers up on a Tank with Duranium armor +90 resist Energy, plus the 75-100+ Natural is pretty f00kin good to me.

Disturbed021
19-09-03, 20:58

Tanks are supposed to have 2nd best offense and defense, realisticly they don't have 2nd best defense.

Either they should get 2nd best defense or something should be given to them that would make them more unique.

Why should they have the 2nd best defense if they have the 2nd best offense?

APU has the #1 offense but the worst defense. Shouldn't Tanks have the 2nd best offense but 3rd or 4th defense?

Shadow Dancer
19-09-03, 21:03
Why should they have the 2nd best defense if they have the 2nd best offense?

APU has the #1 offense but the worst defense. Shouldn't Tanks have the 2nd best offense but 3rd or 4th defense?

Tanks are supposed to be the most well rounded at combat, technically the best due to high defense and offense. It doesn't make much sense of the "joat" or "average in all, master of none" character has better defense than a genetically engineered tank. O_o

As a matter of fact, apus DON'T have the worst defense, they have 2nd worst. The worst defense goes to spies.

And even if apus did have worse defense, they can antibuff. So that already gives them a special and powerful role.

Apus and tanks are actually very similar.

Duder
19-09-03, 21:09
...Think about this, a PE has only around 6 min before drugs start going down, thats just 6 min of full "uberness", in a 6 min duration the PEs defense is better then the Tank. Does the tank have such limitations?

As a PE, you dont get good defense without drugs...

Tanks are an all round grunt, they are reliable and they dont need drugs just to boost enough for a good defense...

Shadow Dancer
19-09-03, 21:11
Originally posted by Duder

As a PE, you dont get good defense without drugs...

roooooooooooooofloffloff

Ok. I've still seen alot of pes who at least tell me(kuz i can't prove it) they don't use drugs, and yet.........they still have great defense. Even if it isn't better, it's still equal to IMO.

Also Sgt Murder says he doesn't use drugs when he PKs only 1 when he duels. Oh wait lemme guess, you can't judge a class by it's best runners right? *snort*

Disturbed021
19-09-03, 21:12
Tanks are supposed to be the most well rounded at combat, technically the best due to high defense and offense. It doesn't make much sense of the "joat" or "average in all, master of none" character has better defense than a genetically engineered tank. O_o
Tanks are fodder. They were created as soliders right? Soliders don't need to have defense they just need to be able to kill more ppl than kill them. So if the kill 2 spies than die they did there job. PEs should have defense that is on par or better than Tanks because intheory they should do less damage than tanks.

As a matter of fact, apus DON'T have the worst defense, they have 2nd worst. The worst defense goes to spies.
Disagree. Spies have stealth APUs do not. imo that makes Spies defense better

And even if apus did have worse defense, they can antibuff. So that already gives them a special and powerful role.

Apus and tanks are actually very similar.
Cant say I disagree, just not sure what you are really trying to say needs to be done specifically.

Duder
19-09-03, 21:15
..ok i was just talking bullshit then, PEs do have the 2nd best defense.

Benjie
Tanks should be better than the pe in combat. Simple as that.

Shadow Dancer
Tanks are fodder. They were created as soliders right? Soliders don't need to have defense they just need to be able to kill more ppl than kill them. So if the kill 2 spies than die they did there job. PEs should have defense that is on par or better than Tanks because intheory they should do less damage than tanks.

ACK! All I can say is that i totally disagree on your reasoning, we aren't seeing eye to eye at all. :(

Disagree. Spies have stealth APUs do not. imo that makes Spies defense better

That's stretching it. An apu can kill a spy usually before he stealths or before the spy does enough damage to the apu, so technically the apu's uber damage is his defense, so technically that means apu has better defense, so technically blah blah. We could go round and round all day "stretching" the facts or using certain points but i'm just talking about actual "defense" itself.

Cant say I disagree, just not sure what you are really trying to say needs to be done specifically.

Benjie
19-09-03, 21:20
LMAO! W3lc0m3 7o 7eh w0rld 0f mm0rpg's, n00b!

I have to say that you do sound like a noobie. No mmorpg creator would ever craft a class designed especcialy for fodder.

Disturbed021
19-09-03, 21:25
Originally posted by Benjie

I have to say that you do sound like a noobie. No mmorpg creator would ever craft a class designed especcialy for fodder.

:rolleyes: You added so much to this post right there.:rolleyes:

Read your fucking history that came along with your Neocron. Tanks were created by Monks to fight there war for them. In creating a solider you do not need to have them be invinsble you just need them to kill lots. Why? because you f00kin made them and can massproduce them and make shitloads more! wtf do you as a monk care if they die? bah :rolleyes: and i r called teh noob:rolleyes:

Nexxy
19-09-03, 21:26
you cant judge classes by the story line. PEs aint the average human.

Lucjan
19-09-03, 21:29

You're absolutely right, it is pretty much like the reason why there is no MMORPG where you have control spells ;-)
Just relax, really no flaming necessary.

You achieve a balance in the moment, where the classes have a vital satisfying function and all classes are on an pretty much equal level in combat, just they way of combat differs (otherwise there wouldnt be much sense for different classes).

Please do not bring any RP or story related arguments into balancing, this just doesnt work.

nonamebrandeggs
19-09-03, 21:29
Yeah on test server, a pistol spy with some crazy setup. Just do a search for "Spies need more defence" and you should find a post by Rade in all of them, something along the lines of "Spies have better defence than a PE if setup right," or "My spy is unbeaten in a duel" etc.

Well that is obviously not meant to be and he is exploiting some bug in the game, all of the "1337 spies" on pluto have admitted to having higher than normal Constitution...

alig
19-09-03, 21:32
:rolleyes: You added so much to this post right there.:rolleyes:

Read your fucking history that came along with your Neocron. Tanks were created by Monks to fight there war for them. In creating a solider you do not need to have them be invinsble you just need them to kill lots. Why? because you f00kin made them and can massproduce them and make shitloads more! wtf do you as a monk care if they die? bah :rolleyes: and i r called teh noob:rolleyes:

blah blah blah....who CARES about WHAT kk wrote down on a little sheet in the manual? I for sure dont, they dont get mass reproduced do they!? its online they need players to have more tanks which THE PLAYER chooses that option when making a char, it doesnt say "Un-able to make any class apart from a tank because were running short in this War"

:rolleyes:

edit/ oh yeah, can someone tell me where the 'story' is anyway before u start trying to run the game around it.

Ste-X
19-09-03, 21:34
the only real use for tanks are targets for the opposition to aim at while the apus kill them

tanks are inferior to monks, the range/aim/rof are small compared to apus, there resist setup is worse than pes since the lack of shelter and maybe stealth

the only good think about tanks, is they dont really need the ppu bitch a apu needs in a op fight

a tank can just get a shelter chucked and a heal and there back in

the only thing i can think off is giving the tank pa the ability to take little or no dammage from the front, and have little armour from the back, this could mean they are hit taker but in a duel you can abuse the having no real resist at the back, any fast pe/spy/apu can abuse this but be fucked fighting head on

just an idea

Disturbed021
19-09-03, 21:35
Originally posted by alig
blah blah blah....who CARES about WHAT kk wrote down on a little sheet in the manual? I for sure dont, they dont get mass reproduced do they!? its online they need players to have more tanks which THE PLAYER chooses that option when making a char, it doesnt say "Un-able to make any class apart from a tank because were running short in this War"

:rolleyes:

Dude I'm just trying to understand why all of a sudden everyone is complaining that Tanks have crap defense? They have always had the same defense.:wtf:

alig
19-09-03, 21:38
Ye, im capped con tank and a HL takes immense damage from me, if i had 255 energy or 0, either way its gunna take a vast of my hp in one hit, maybe the 2nd hit might do a small fraction of my hp but at 105/min the 3rd one is that quickly followed after the 2nd one that they might as well just not have random damage.....

Benjie
19-09-03, 21:39
Dude I'm just trying to understand why all of a sudden everyone is complaining that Tanks have crap defense? They have always had the same defense.:wtf:
Changes have been made to other clases though, that made them inferior in combat. They shouldn't be inferior in combat. They just arn't supposed to be.

Spy<VS>Spy
19-09-03, 21:41
tanks need boots, nough said...they need energy boots, and they need some sort of xray armor, not much mind you...maybe an X-ray belt the creates some sort of filting shield, but you like, need to be really strong cause its made out of urnaium and um, some shit like that...

well, maybe not a belt...i think they might solve this with the new xray bones...

not sure if PEs be able to use it. KK is in this nasty habit of release new things that can completely change player balance...and get really snitty when we ask to use em cause they wont make an NPC that just hands em out.

...anyways.

Disturbed021
19-09-03, 21:45
Changes have been made to other clases though, that made them inferior in combat. They shouldn't be inferior in combat. They just arn't supposed to be.

What changes have been made? There are 2 posts going that are complaining that Tanks have worse defense than PEs all of a sudden. Afaik no changes have been made there. The last pistol boost was minor.

Benjie
19-09-03, 21:56
Originally posted by Spy<VS>Spy
tanks need boots.
Great idea.

What changes have been made?
*with hybrids gone, most pure apu's do insane damage to a tank with holy lightning. (at one point there where very few apu's)
*the pistol boost
*with holy lightning being so powerfull, tanks now need insane energy resist. Makes it hard to put points onto athletics unless your a completely capped tank.
*Some other stuff that has been around for ages. Just not as big a problem as it has been recently.

Disturbed021 whats the highest rank you have ever got a tank to?

Disturbed021
19-09-03, 22:10

Disturbed021 whats the highest rank you have ever got a tank to?

what difference does that make? What if I haven't capped one I dont know shit?:p Prolly right ;)
Doesn't really matter but /50 or so days ago on Saturn. Got really bored with him (and Saturn actually) and moved to Pluto. Oh ya had another one on Pluto on my second account to /45 or so...got bored again and deleted him too. I cant believe I deleted my capped Hybrid to make a tank and got bored within a week:(

I haven't played one for awhile. I didn't like the fact that when parashocked I couldn't move at all. But then again I guess thats what happens when you have a big ass cannon on your shoulders trying to aim it.

Benjie
19-09-03, 22:14
what difference does that make? What if I haven't capped one I dont know shit?:p Prolly right ;)
Doesn't really matter but /50 or so days ago on Saturn. Got really bored with him (and Saturn actually) and moved to Pluto. Oh ya had another one on Pluto on my second account to /45 or so...got bored again and deleted him too. I cant believe I deleted my capped Hybrid to make a tank and got bored within a week:(

I haven't played one for awhile. I didn't like the fact that when parashocked I couldn't move at all. But then again I guess thats what happens when you have a big ass cannon on your shoulders trying to aim it.

I prefere tanks. I prefere that style of play. So I am condemed to a boring character. Everybody seems to agree that tanks need some sex./ *1.. I mean love!!!!!11one.. (sorry, just slipped out!)

ZigZag
19-09-03, 22:23
lol i just cancelled my tank - the most fun class in beta to play - the most boring pointless class now and yea at last parad0x can back me up - tanks were nerfed - and i got bored.

Shadow Dancer
19-09-03, 22:30
Benjie what do you mean tanks need more energy resist? Why do you keep complaining about damage from HL?

lolorz we're supposed to do high damage.

Btw there are resist caps. SO i don't think more energy resist will help. And our range is gonna get reduced.

FBI
19-09-03, 22:48
I propose tank PA to be resistant to damage boost.

After all, freezing them is enough, damage boost is going over
board. Although this might be hard to impliment as it may require
extra coding, which KK doesn't like.

just a thought... boots and a belt would be cool.

FBI

Shadow Dancer
19-09-03, 22:51
Originally posted by FBI
I propose tank PA to be resistant to damage boost.

After all, freezing them is enough, damage boost is going over
board. Although this might be hard to impliment as it may require
extra coding, which KK doesn't like.

just a thought... boots and a belt would be cool.

FBI

I remmeber suggesting a berserk mode for tanks that would make them move faster and be immune to shock and damage boost.

OMGMOGMOGMOGMOGMO OVPOERPOPERWER! was the response. :p

Nexxy
19-09-03, 23:21
anti shock boots, anti damage boost PA =D Bring back teh sp33d!!!!!!111

Tycho C
19-09-03, 23:24
Lessen the importance of PPUs and you've solved reason 2.

I'm serious. I hate PPUs.:mad:

FBI
19-09-03, 23:30
PATCH 163

maybe some of you forgot what KK wants our classes to be like?

Team Roles
As players are unsure about this and we probably failed to show
what exactly we want with the recent changes, here's an
explanation of the roles we want for the different classes in
teams.

We see different roles for the Tank, the Spy, the agressive and
the passive PSI Monk. The Private Eye has no specific role but can
take any role, more or less efficiently, depending on his skill build
(he's worst in the PSI Monk's role).

* Tank:
Front line fighter with melee. He should skill CON well, to have
Body Health as well as resists of his choicce (specializing pays off)
developped above average. Only this way he can take enough
damage (in higher levels with PPU monk assistance) to survive
and protect other team members.

or
Medium distance fighter with Heavy Weapons. In this case rather
some CON trainpoints in Athletics, to make up for the slow
movement with Heavy Weapons and lots in Transport to carry the
ammo load. Also in this role the Tank should direct most of the
damage towards him. This will be supported in the future by
Taunt- and Confuse-Grenades.

* Spy:
Medium distance support fighter with Pistols. Doesn't do as much
damage as the Tank,but doesn't take as many and can make
better use of cover. Probably the most risky role for a Spy.

or

Long distance support fighter with rifles. Not as much damage as
Tanks, but because of the range respectively cover his STR and
CON weaknesses don't matter much.

or

Support fighter with drones. Less damage than Tank, but again
STR and CON don't matter much.

or

Team supporter as Hacker. Combines best with Droner. Provides
the group with more loot value (see the tech mobs/hacking
change above).

or

Team Supporter with implant.

or

Team supporter with recycle. There will be a tool to clone Ammo
using junk. That way the junk ha a use and a team with a
Recycler can stay much longer int he Wastelands as there should
be no shortage of junk

So the Spy has a function as support fighter, but without being
able to deal as much damage as a Tank or APU Monk. However,
he can have a second or even third function if he chose to
specialize in those areas.

*PPU Monk
Combat supporter through Runner support. Heals, Shelters etc.

or

Combat supporter through mob weakening. Damage boosts,
Stuns and in future monster vision reductions.

or

Team support via rare identification/implanting.

*APU Monk
Medium distance fighter. Deals the most damage. Requires the
protection by a PPU Monk or the help of a Tank who takes the
damage though.

and

Team support via rare identification/implanting.

Also interesting patch 154:

Burst weapons receive a damage bonus of 10% on the total
damage dealt by a burst for every bullet after the first bullet. In
return, the to-hit-chance decreases by 15% for every successive
bullet of a burst. A well-aimed burst can do more damage than a
similar single-shot weapon, while a poorly aimed burst will do
less.

Stream weapons receive a damage reduction of 5% on the total
damage dealt by a stream for every target after the first target.
In return, the to-hit-chance increases by 20% for every additional
target.

Area-of-effect weapons receive no bonus because they can do up
to triple damage if fired on monster groups and thus generate
triple XP. Because Tanks don't have many options with single-
target aiming weapons, additional Raygun- and Plasma-
Streamcannons will be added as soon as possible.

So make sure you understand the above before saying the typical
"Well that's the way they're supposed to be." comments

FBI

Benjie
19-09-03, 23:37
Also in this role the Tank should direct most of the
damage towards him.
So tanks are supposed to be able to "tank" damage? LOL! like thats possible! Prooves my point well. Thanks FBI.

Tanks need more defence. Nuff said.

Lucjan
19-09-03, 23:40
"Because Tanks don't have many options with single-
target aiming weapons, additional Raygun- and Plasma-
Streamcannons will be added as soon as possible."

okay...which Raygun- and Plasma-Streamcannons tanks got "as soon as possible"? Or did I just missed something?

FBI
19-09-03, 23:51
Originally posted by Lucjan
okay...which Raygun- and Plasma-Streamcannons tanks got "as soon as possible"? Or did I just missed something?

Must have been put on hold, who knows.

REMUS
19-09-03, 23:54
well the patch notes say they are fixing tank pa resists and of course we will be able to use pa3 and pa 4 with drugs so maybe that will go some way to make up for tank vunerability.

*havnt read entire post cuz im too tired if anyone has already written this?*

FBI
19-09-03, 23:57
pa4..yeah right. Going to need to take redflash+whiteflash to
compensate for that ATL hit.

Tanks will then also be drug users like PE's.

A better solution is to wear melee PA and have a monk boost
HC3 to negate the -HC penalty on melee pa but keep the resists.

FBI

REMUS
20-09-03, 00:05
well they were modifying the pa so maybe they will change the penaltys, no one can argue that pa4 isnt a total gimp suit........ :(

Benjie
22-09-03, 18:47
I think that any thread about giving any class a boost with/without a poll is going to be completely messed up. It's obvious that a lot of "non tanks" are going to vote in favour of keeping there foe nice 'n' easy to kill. There are also a lot of tanks that are going to vote in favour of new armour, to make it easier.

This is obviously a really dumb ass argument because it's BIAST-vs-BIAST. :(

I think kk just need to be made aware of the concern and then they should decide what to do. I mean otherwise the desision is going to be FUBAR.

Dribble Joy
22-09-03, 19:12
*the pistol boost

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA the dmg boost was pathetic, and the clip size didn't do anything exept possibly increase the BS's threat (but that thing is a different story

*with holy lightning being so powerfull, tanks now need insane energy resist. Makes it hard to put points onto athletics unless your a completely capped tank.

Adding more armour won't do anything, capped resist and a shitton of armou won't reduce the dmg taken by any more than 76%
And what does energy res have to do with AGL?

Spoon
22-09-03, 19:17
I want Poisen Armor with High STR reqs. so PE's can't use them....

Darkborg
22-09-03, 20:21
have you guys even seen a ppu buffed tank in action o_O

Dribble Joy
22-09-03, 20:23
Yes, at an OP fight at blackhill.
The sod took 6 of us to down, the PPU sat on the hill shoving holy heals on him O_o

Spoon
22-09-03, 20:24
Originally posted by Darkborg

No, I haven't all the Tanks rerolled to PE's and Monks, there all gone.....

Sigma
22-09-03, 22:00
Originally posted by Darkborg

nothing my APU couldn't do better... :wtf:

and i'm not bad at playing tank either, but i would ALWAYS favor my APU before my tank.

with my tank being capped and my apu not, there HAS to be something wrong, because i LOVED playing my tank(played it since beta 4), but not anymore :(

Drake6k
22-09-03, 22:06
It does make sense that a tank would have better defense than a PE. That doesn't make it balanced. Right now IMO tanks are balanced. If CS was less powerful sure they could balance that with higher defense....

PEs have better defense when alone yes... they are a solo class. In a OP war or in big pvp a tank can get his shelter... and have very very good defense.