PDA

View Full Version : Monks & Sports

Genty
19-09-03, 18:02
I was just wondering if there was any correlation between what position people play in sports and what kind of monk they play.

Personally (as some may know) I play a PPU monk with an aggresive tint (a TAR). In Sports I am normally a defender, however I like attacking every now and again. Kind of like my monk. Just wondering if anyone else has the same link or is it just me?

Rieper
19-09-03, 18:16
I have a ppu, but my first char was a tank

I play rugby, im a Prop. :)

Nexxy
19-09-03, 18:18
i use to have an APU and i play right wing in football. Kinda almost a sorta connection going on there...

\\Fényx//
19-09-03, 18:21
I play a tank, PE, Hybrid monk and a spy... what the fuckin hell does that make me o_O Thats one a ONE char server aswell 8| 8| :lol:

*ph33r*
19-09-03, 18:21
Guess I'd be an APU... im a flanker in Rugby! :D

But since I play a rifle PE actively... Err guess they are kinda alike :p

Nexxy
19-09-03, 18:24
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
I play a tank, PE, Hybrid monk and a spy... what the fuckin hell does that make me o_O Thats one a ONE char server aswell 8| 8| :lol:

it doesnt make you anything, you was meant to say if there was a connection between the sport you play and your monk. But noooo you have to go and spoil it mr fenyx, trust you to spoil it, now i know why they call you fenyx the spoiler boy.

\\Fényx//
19-09-03, 18:30
Originally posted by Nexxy
it doesnt make you anything, you was meant to say if there was a connection between the sport you play and your monk. But noooo you have to go and spoil it mr fenix, trust you to spoil it, now i know why they call you fenix the spoiler boy.

I get called a bastard more often...

Well with all my char's, all it means that im bloody busy keeping count of everything on them :p

Omnituens
19-09-03, 18:43
please define sports. what one person calls a sport, another calls a game.

then u will get a proper reply from me :p

Genty
19-09-03, 18:57
Originally posted by Omnituens
please define sports. what one person calls a sport, another calls a game.

Well, a team game where you have specified attackers and defenders, eg. football, rugby etc.

Originally posted by Omnituens
then u will get a proper reply from me

That even possible? :lol:

nonamebrandeggs
19-09-03, 19:35
I play DDR! Thats why I'm a hybrid on Saturn????

Shadow Dancer
19-09-03, 19:40
I don't play sports and i'm as passive as a mouse, I play apu! O_o

csh1
19-09-03, 19:43
wtf does this ahve anythgin to do with anything?

Ryuben
19-09-03, 19:50
some would call this spam

others a constructive thread in determining peopls characters

on second thought i played prop and first char was a PPU

QuantumDelta
21-09-03, 01:30
Heh.
Sorry about the slight bump, not sure how I missed this thread, had it pointed out to me by someone.

Actually I think it's more or less right, Pistol PE is how I used to fight in tae kwon doe.
We were instructed basically to try to minimize our damage taken with blocks.
I would dodge and block and then lash out which my instructor ended up saying looked like a kinda martial artist version of boxing, it worked for me though, as well as learning all the standard TKD Moves I had my own set which took me pretty far in tournies...

Heh, kinda like my Pistol PE :)

Heavyporker
21-09-03, 02:06
Hm.

I play chess, so I'm probably pretty thoughtful and restrained as an APU...

When I play chess, I like to attack, but I constantly think about my defense.

Yeah, by that statement, I should be hybrid by rights, but a sense of fairness (when hybrids were massively overpowered) kept me pure APU.

I make up for it by preferring to be more strategically inclined whenever I fight.

Judge
21-09-03, 02:17
I don't play a monk, but as for sports I bike (mostly ride street and skate park). So I dunno how that would correlate to my play type 8|

JackScratch
21-09-03, 02:19
I play a PPU and the closest I come to a sport is being a gun fanatic. I hate team sports, I have some apreciation for LaCrosse, but over all Im pretty anti sports. Does Poker count? I play poker, and Gin.

Delloda
21-09-03, 03:58
im apu and i used to play as left winger in rugby when i was in school many moons ago. i was in the 1XV . i was l fast for a 17 year-old...11.2 seconds in 100m. But im 27 now and can't even run to the store without KOSing myself. :p

Q`alooaith
21-09-03, 04:08
ok, I'm right now leveling a tech combat pistol PE..

Before that, APU...

Before that, Rifle Spy...

Before that, Gentank, PKer, trader, repairer, hacker, pistoler, heavy weapons, melee, const, ress.... you get the idea, I loved my tank....

Football I'm a defender (round ball), nout get's past because of me...

I like shooting mi air rifle too, I can hit an upturned bottle top off the bottle from about 50 meter's without scope, can hit the bottle from the hip.

Wargames, I tend to have my leader units run forward in suicide attacks to buy time for the rest of my force to get into place... tactical and bezerk..

L0KI
21-09-03, 04:54
Kung Fu, Boxing, Kick Boxing and Karate....

I play a PE.

(ps - my mum says im special :D )

QuantumDelta
21-09-03, 04:58
Originally posted by L0KI
Kung Fu, Boxing, Kick Boxing and Karate....

I play a PE.

(ps - my mum says im special :D ) Nice to see you're still around.

edit;
wrong choice of words.