View Full Version : Copbot DROPS

Original monk
19-09-03, 15:40
Should the copbots drop there copbot (copot) rifle when they die ? (stats dont matter, full artifact would be neat ffcourse). I ask this question cause i looted some copbots in beta4 and i would love to use a rifle that fires like some sort of beam spell :P
And noo i dont mean that rifle that ya can only use to sell at yo's i mean the real stuff with copbotammo. lemme know what ya think, or even better let me know why they ever removed that extremely nice rifle from the game, its nice to get some sort of present from killing a copbot :P

Edit: i was a monk in beta so i never had the luck of trying one out...

Oath
19-09-03, 15:45
i vote no.

Copbot rifles should be available through an event or summit if everyone starts goin round with em tehn im gonna get owned non stop (my comp crashes when a copbot gun is fired *dunno why*) so they are *for me* exploitable, dunno bout anyone else though :p:p .

OAth,

Omnituens
19-09-03, 15:48
that gun was never ment for runners to use. It is highly unlikey that it will be added.

Thats not to say im against it though. as long as it cant do more than an EPR, im cool with it. it'll be like an alternate weapon (like the DoY raygun <-> Rezza's Gaze (i think))

Al3X
19-09-03, 15:57
they are still ingame, i think i have one in my app on pluto. just ask around for bps and youll get one (they cant be artifact though, but hey you can capp them easily anywayz :D)

Cypher_Psy
19-09-03, 16:04
I thought that they were all knackered by KK because they weren't meant to be BP'ble and no-one would give them back.

However I do hear that the disabling wasn't thorough enough and they can be fired if someone has a lot of patiance.

st0ckman
19-09-03, 16:06
Don't suppose anybody has any ammo for on on Saturn do they? :angel:

I heard that somebody on pluto had some ammo, damn it. :wtf:

Original monk
19-09-03, 16:25
Yeah its possible ya crash or get lagg when ya fire a copbotrifle, i also get some lag when i fire my first love ya see :)

@ Stockman, do you have a copbotrifle on saturn then i would be happy to buy it off you for any price you name, make sure it is a real working one, i know they used to drop out of warbots for a while but those arent the onces i mean (i have 35 of them copbotrifles that can only be sold at yo's, ya cant fire em i think, they dont even say what ammo they need) So if ya have a real one looted from a copbot/GM then i would be happy to buy it fo any price you like :angel:

Q`alooaith
19-09-03, 16:35
If you drop a copbot, it should drop an EPR..

The reason being, copbot's used to have this gun, it was changed because people would run though plasa with low SL and the cop's would start blasting and well everyone in the zone would have to duck for cover or get brutaly killed, drones where also used for this, as copbot's would shoot at them, and droners used to move drones behind other players and get them killed..

So I say, don't let any drones be launched in a safezone, or make the ones you can launch copbot freindly, and change copbots back to EPR's...

Original monk
19-09-03, 16:41
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
If you drop a copbot, it should drop an EPR..
The reason being, copbot's used to have this gun, it was changed because people would run though plasa with low SL and the cop's would start blasting and well everyone in the zone would have to duck for cover or get brutaly killed, drones where also used for this, as copbot's would shoot at them, and droners used to move drones behind other players and get them killed..
So I say, don't let any drones be launched in a safezone, or make the ones you can launch copbot freindly, and change copbots back to EPR's...

I know but thats yust the reason i want one, the plasma doesnt fires in a straight line, it burst in a line vertically from upside the victims head like somekind of poisonbeam (cause it looks darkgreen) and thats what makes it so cool :P

Q`alooaith
19-09-03, 16:49
Originally posted by Original monk
I know but thats yust the reason i want one, the plasma doesnt fires in a straight line, it burst in a line vertically from upside the victims head like somekind of poisonbeam (cause it looks darkgreen) and thats what makes it so cool :P

Well you see, only copbots are meant to have this rifles, because they work off the neocron internal defence system, the copbot rifle is mearly a targeting device for them, and the ammo to limit the copbot from using all the energy in the internal defence system...

Though out in the wastland's copbot rifles connect to the nearest uplink station and send request's to a geostationary space cannon, which is why it come done verticaly..

So for these reasons, copbot rifles should not work in players hands, as CA would simply deactivate the rifle's code from the database...

:wtf:

Anyway, it was never meant for players at all, it was simply put in so people would not end up getting toasted by manic copbot's going after one little drone, which often happened..

Original monk
19-09-03, 16:52
it was never meant to end up in players hands but it would be cool if it did :P i also wonna connect to uplinks and space cannons, lets me think abit of GDI in tiberian sun :P

Q`alooaith
19-09-03, 16:54
it was never meant to end up in players hands but it would be cool if it did :P i also wonna connect to uplinks and space cannons, lets me think abit of GDI in tiberian sun :P

Hey, I made up a fun RP reason for copbot rifles...

jay, I am t9h uebr l8t f00l

anyway, maybe make them drop a EPR, but totaly get rid of the copbot rifles, they just don't fit in game..

XaNToR
19-09-03, 17:19
copbot is using hew liquid rifle.....or better said, they dropped it in beta

JediMasta
19-09-03, 17:45
The current copbots that are ingame are screwed. I have one, and when you use it it has no aiming reticle, and wont reload until you relog. 4 bursts of it and you have to relog to use it again :mad:

Original monk
19-09-03, 17:48
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Hey, I made up a fun RP reason for copbot rifles...
jay, I am t9h uebr l8t f00l

nah man it was a coowl tought, the rifle is the guiding the ammo is the emergency stop so he dont uses to much energy and the actual beam comes from way upto the sky (spacelasercanon)
thats L337 :P

Originally posted by JediMasta
The current copbots that are ingame are screwed. I have one, and when you use it it has no aiming reticle, and wont reload until you relog. 4 bursts of it and you have to relog to use it again :mad:

daamn but i still want one (if they fix the relogthingie and the reticle) :P

CkVega
19-09-03, 17:57
daamn but i still want one (if they fix the relogthingie and the reticle) :P

I thought the point was that you didn't need an aiming reticle?

Dunno about the relog thing though :/

Q`alooaith
19-09-03, 18:26
the current copbot rilfes work like a psi spell that need's ammo, so it's just a point and click weapon...

now if all weapons where changed to that setup, that'd be fun but not neocron..

Kohr-Ah
19-09-03, 18:31
Yeah, remove them compleatly and make copbots use the EPR, would be alot more better and lower thier dmg too, make copbots like they werre during beta, they were so much more fun then, now they have become the boring shoot threw anything almoast insta killers.

It was alot more fun during beta when the fire from the npc could hit someone who got in the crossfire, yeah I know it was abused somewhat to but hey, it was meant to be dangerous world, not to mention if they lower the dmg to what it was during beta it wouldnt matter that much either.

Actually with DOY coming I think it would be best if they get changed back.

OTIS
19-09-03, 20:27
if someone has a bp of one they wanna sell me mail me i want dat gun :mad:

that would be on the saturn server