PDA

View Full Version : Problems switching between NC accounts

evs
19-09-03, 14:50
I recently got myself a 2nd account, which i run from the same pc.
When i change accounts i keep running into massive problems, most normally requiring a machine reset due to a lock up.

Sometimes i just get a 'join proxy error' so i just close nc, restart and im in ok.

Other times (more and more frequent) i get the black sync screen which freezes - and can lock up my pc (7/10 times)

more recently i reset and then my 1st copy of NC has now fux0red up. I get a FRE as soon as i open NC.

So im using my 2nd test server copy i changed.

Now - im on the latest patches for everything, and my machine has had no problems with anything else bar swapping between accounts.

Does anyone have a method of perhaps having 2 accounts on the same machine which although not neccessarily are active at the same time - but indeed can swap over easily with the least amount of fuss?

I reckon it must be the port NC uses not getting released correctly - but does anyone have a workaround?

Jaggeh
19-09-03, 15:08
laptop beside me :D

evs
19-09-03, 15:13
Does anyone have a method of perhaps having 2 accounts on the same machine which although not neccessarily are active at the same time - but indeed can swap over easily with the least amount of fuss?

i have 2 pc's - other one is in the other room.
dont want to have to mess / play on that one.

\\Fényx//
Ive got 5 accounts i use often enough, always swapping chars here and i have never got those problems. But, Are you on a router ?!? If so then completely close NC wait 30-60 seconds between relogging and then restart NC.

Lord Mansion
All I have to do is close Neocron and start it up again to switch between two accounts. If I don't, the program will hang and a reboot is required.

FirestarXL
19-09-03, 15:21
It's simply a case of having to wait until your character disappears from the game world, about 40 seconds.

I suspect you could work around that by having a second install (which can share (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46221) the large pak files) with a different port number in the ini file. But to be honest, the time saved doing that would probably be very minor, since you'd have to quit to desktop anyway.

GurTjaN
19-09-03, 15:22
so running two clients on one maching isnt possible ?

Al3X
19-09-03, 15:25
fick

think of the fps when running 2 clients at once O_o if you wait 2 minutes after you log off it should be fine (in case you have a router) or just shut down nc and restart it, usually works fine too.
(not having any problems here)

FirestarXL
19-09-03, 15:26
Originally posted by GurTjaN
so running two clients on one maching isnt possible ?

It's possible I guess, if you ran them from seperate directories with different port numbers, but I wouldn't want to personally.

mr murb
20-09-03, 01:14
You can run 2 neocrons off one machine at the same time.

I think your problem is that both your accounts are using the same local port. Since you have only one install.
You log off one account. Then log on the other and get 'join proxy error' that is because your first account (or the neocron server) is still using the port and your 2nd account that you trying to log on can't use it.
You can log off and wait the 30 seconds like you were changing characters on a multi character server.

Or put another neocron install on your computer. (just copy the required files) and log out of neocron entirely and log on with the other install. You will have to add a local port # to at least one of the installs so each install is using different ports. (search for local port or localport there are instructions on what to put) And if you did it this way you could run both installs at the same time. Good for item / money transfer, resurrections, and duel loming.

RayBob
20-09-03, 11:32
For me, it is definitely a router issue. If I connect my PC directly to the cable modem, I can instantly switch between accounts. If I use my router, I have to wait until the first character disappears in the world (about 30 seconds).

icarium
20-09-03, 11:52
hmm hes dialing up through a cable modem iirc. try unticking "save account details on my pc" and just put them in fresh every time. i have no probs swapping between my 2 accounts :confused:

Pi-Oh-Pah
20-09-03, 12:25
Originally posted by FirestarXL
It's simply a case of having to wait until your character disappears from the game world, about 40 seconds.

I suspect you could work around that by having a second install (which can share (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46221) the large pak files) with a different port number in the ini file. But to be honest, the time saved doing that would probably be very minor, since you'd have to quit to desktop anyway.

I can log my alt in to switch stuff between chars and see him/her and even attempt to trade after about 20 seconds he/she fades out

I sometimes synch when i log the 2nd one in but not often

FirestarXL
20-09-03, 12:46
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
I can log my alt in to switch stuff between chars and see him/her and even attempt to trade after about 20 seconds he/she fades out

Yeah, I think it's possible to do that if your machine has the 56k/cable modem attached directly to it, if you go through a gateway or router it doesn't seem to work.

Ryuben
20-09-03, 14:40
in the neocron file in main folder typeeeeeeeee

LOCALPORT = "7002"

this means u can have 2 accounts on at once laggy on my sys and i got a decent rig + cable ( i got 20 fps on both accounts thow and only 70 ping :D)

IM COVERED IN BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES