PDA

View Full Version : SATURN EVENT: GenKing of the Ring.

Mankind
19-09-03, 08:56
Hi.

I'm in the process of building an event for a "King of the Ring" style Tank brawl. The event will hold a number of tanks fighting out to see who is one of the best or can be called THE best tank on Saturn. I know alot of tanks out there are just itching to show off their skills, and many are really good so I'd like to see you show up if you can make it.

Rules:

1)Can only use a GenTank obviously. :)
2)No AoE weapons will be allowed.
3)No outside buffs. Meaning no PPU buffs of any sort (I.E. Holy Deflector, Holy Shelter, etc.) Anyone caught doing this during event will be told to leave.
4)The only acceptable spells being casted on a tank are his own (I.E. standard deflector, heal, HC boost 1, Resist Boost 1, etc.)
5)Cursed Souls are NOT allowed. This my friends, could be changed if I see too many tanks not wanting to join because it will take longer. The main reason I am putting this rule in is because many people say I can't fight without my Cursed Soul, and I'm sure many of you tanks out there have heard it too. Prove you can :)
6)ALL FACTIONS ARE ALLOWED!
7)Please don't be a "party-pooper". I might not get any GM help on this, so I probably won't have any "law" to keep the event healthy so if you come and ruin it, I guess you can deal with the tanks who really want to play in this event.

How it works:

Who you fight will be random. You could be a /50 tank fighting a /70 tank in the first round so if this happens you can either forfeit or try your best. If you forfeit you will not get another chance anywhere else in the tournament. Every round the number of tanks will get smaller. Why? Because if you lose in round 1, you go off to the side. If you win, you will continue.

[EXAMPLE:] 32 players enter. After round 1, 16 will only be left. After round 2, 8 will only be left. Etc, etc. Understand?

I hope we get alot of people watching, but please note that it gets very laggy with more people around. So if you are going to watch the tournament, please behave and sit still. It causes more lag for the people in the fights and its distracts them as well.

Prize:

Well what do you think the prize should be? I would love some GM interaction with this and maybe they could give out a Hercules chip to the winner. I really don't have much to offer personally because I use everything I own. I'll get in contact with a GM(s) as well as my faction counsellor (who I don't know) and see what they think or what they can do. If I cannot get a response I will just make the prize an amount of cash or a rare tank weapon that I don't use such as my 3 slot Doom Beamer. But it will be the winner's choice if he even wants a prize. Some people just want the pride of showing off their gaming skills, which would be fine by me :)

Location & Time:

This is unknown at the moment. I really would love to be able to get all of the best tanks together on one day, but sadly the world doesn't work that way. We all have real lives and commitments elsewhere as well as many have school now that it's in session once again, but if you cannot make the tournament for whatever reason I'm sorry and maybe you can duel the winner and claim the throne :) Just for now, how does next SATURDAY sound? It's a day I have off from work and since it's the weekend, maybe we might get more tanks to show up.

What you need to do:

If you are interested at the time of reading this post and have a tank you think is good, please reply with your CHARACTER NAME, RANK, FACTION, and a TIME you might be available on the day listed above.

Please if you have any questions mail "Lord" in game on Saturn server. Don't direct me on the forums because I don't always check my PM's.

Thank you and see you guys soon hopefully :)

ezza
19-09-03, 09:07
nice idea mankind, be nice to see a good ole fashioned tank duel, the kind with no damn ppu buffs, the way it used to be:)

i may enter, im not exactly the best dueler in the world, but could give it a go as long as i dont embarress myself.

be interesting without the CS, guess people will be dusting down there TPCs, shame i gave mine away, guess its time to make a new one.

32 players, my god we still have 32 tanks on saturn!!!:eek: :D

now if you had of said 32 monks, it would of been filled up straight away:p

GurTjaN
19-09-03, 09:13
yea cool count me in i only have a suckie lvl 60 tank but if the others dont use cs's than i might stand a chance
ill just play for fun cant win anything my tank sux in pvp :)

UberSoldat
49/60
Crahn Sect

ill be probly on at StandAlone

der Ed
19-09-03, 09:17
It's a pity a PE can't become best tank :D

Crest
19-09-03, 09:24
Originally posted by Mankind

2)No AoE weapons will be allowed.
5)Cursed Souls are NOT allowed. This my friends, could be changed if I see too many tanks not wanting to join because it will take longer. The main reason I am putting this rule in is because many people say I can't fight without my Cursed Soul, and I'm sure many of you tanks out there have heard it too. Prove you can :)

Whats left, a galing gun ... laser gun and norm plasma.....Hmmm
How it works:

[EXAMPLE:] 32 players enter. After round 1, 16 will only be left. After round 2, 8 will only be left. Etc, etc. Understand?

If I forfeight my first rund, and there 32 players, means I have another match so that means the 32 does not become 16, could be 17 or 18..... How 32 PLayers = 16 victors, I forfeight, then becomes 17 fights and 17 victors.....

Well what do you think the prize should be? I would love some GM interaction with this and maybe they could give out a Hercules chip to the winner. I really don't have much to offer personally because I use everything I own. I'll get in contact with a GM(s) as well as my faction counsellor (who I don't know) and see what they think or what they can do. If I cannot get a response I will just make the prize an amount of cash or a rare tank weapon that I don't use such as my 3 slot Doom Beamer. But it will be the winner's choice if he even wants a prize. Some people just want the pride of showing off their gaming skills, which would be fine by me :)

When I tried to get GM to buy into this, I battled. I eventauly got the faction Rep in, he then put 500k Up for the prize moeny and I wavered the entry fee. Getting KK to spring for a Herc aint gonna happen me thinks.

This is unknown at the moment. I really would love to be able to get all of the best tanks together on one day, but sadly the world doesn't work that way. We all have real lives and commitments elsewhere as well as many have school now that it's in session once again, but if you cannot make the tournament for whatever reason I'm sorry and maybe you can duel the winner and claim the throne :) Just for now, how does next SATURDAY sound? It's a day I have off from work and since it's the weekend, maybe we might get more tanks to show up.

Op is good as you dont loose SL

Open the game to PE's...When I hosted the event the tank did well, and ND had a good representation there, but in the End a PE Owned....Yeah, it was ZoneSeek If I recall.... PE's could also wield the same weapons (Almost)....

If I can help in anyway (Rezzing and stuff) let me know...PM Me or Mail Crest in game

Mankind
19-09-03, 09:27
Sorry PEs are not allowed to fight in the tournament. I made it this way for various reasons. There have already been tournaments that allow any character type (such as Crest's event). I'd like this event to be one character type only to test the best of the best.

Thanks

Edit:@ Crest:

There's 32 players in the example. This means there are 16 duels in the first round. Let's say in round 1, you forfeit. The person who you were supposed to fight wins because you forfeited. Then the other 15 duels take place. Once all those 15 duels take place, the person who won due to forfeit in duel 1, will fight another winner from round 1. Here's a diagram for you Crest:

http://home.stny.rr.com/ncimagez/kotr.jpg

Btw an OP fight would be great.

Edit2: If Zoneseek wants to join he can join on his tank :)

Scikar
19-09-03, 10:25
Sounds like fun, unfortunately I won't be able to make it. The weekend after next would be fine for me but I don't want to get in people's way. Though it might be good to delay it a while, people need to get some TPCs made. ;)

djskum
19-09-03, 10:32
What's the date? Is next Saturday, this Saturday or a week Saturday O_o? Me = Confused tank...

If I'm not at a wedding (another one... Sigh) I'll be there for some carnage!

DjSKum

\\Fényx//
19-09-03, 10:33
Originally posted by Scikar
Sounds like fun, unfortunately I won't be able to make it. The weekend after next would be fine for me but I don't want to get in people's way. Though it might be good to delay it a while, people need to get some TPCs made. ;)

Just use a TSG..... much more effective :p or a NCPD Cleansing Flamer ^^ :D

Scikar
19-09-03, 10:39
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Just use a TSG..... much more effective :p or a NCPD Cleansing Flamer ^^ :D

I really don't like the SpeedGun, it's just irritating. Anyway it won't hurt me - I'm one of the few tanks on Saturn with any force resist. ;)

WarGas flamer would be a possibility if you could aim it in a duel, but I don't think I'll use that.

I'll use my Secret Weapon™. ;)

\\Fényx//
19-09-03, 10:40
omg, what about melee tank's, ive got a melee tannk on saturn :D allowed to use any melee rare ?

Al3X
19-09-03, 10:52
melee
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

no but seriously i have a pure melee gentank myself, but it barely scratches other tanks cause it only does piercing/energy damage (everyone has resists vs that O_o)

\\Fényx//
19-09-03, 11:00
Originally posted by Al3X
melee

*snip*

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

no but seriously i have a pure melee gentank myself, but it barely scratches other tanks cause it only does piercing/energy damage (everyone has resists vs that O_o)

well a HC tank can not use his CS or any AOE in the fights, look at it, that is pretty much evening out the feild, how many tanks take alot of damage from a TPC :lol: My tank maybe takes 15 a burst, if that hell i cant remember the last time someone shot me with a tpc o_O Melee may be gimped, it may not do a stunning amount of damage, but a paw of bear is a damn scary weapon 8| trust me, it's gonna hurt anyone because of the constant ROF they get aswell as no hit to run speed.

To be honest if there was a high rank melee tank entering, my money would actually go on him.

Scikar
19-09-03, 11:05
well a HC tank can not use his CS or any AOE in the fights, look at it, that is pretty much evening out the feild, how many tanks take alot of damage from a TPC :lol: My tank maybe takes 15 a burst, if that hell i cant remember the last time someone shot me with a tpc o_O Melee may be gimped, it may not do a stunning amount of damage, but a paw of bear is a damn scary weapon 8| trust me, it's gonna hurt anyone because of the constant ROF they get aswell as no hit to run speed.

To be honest if there was a high rank melee tank entering, my money would actually go on him.

He won't beat my Secret Weapon™. ;)

\\Fényx//
19-09-03, 11:06
He won't beat my Secret Weapon™. ;)

Sci's going for it with a lib tank, he need's his swirleys does sci :p ;)

Scikar
19-09-03, 11:08
Sci's going for it with a lib tank, he need's his swirleys does sci :p ;)

It's tempting, but my Secret Weapon™ doesn''t require me taking a horde of LoM pills. Though I think a Lib tank will probably do very well.

\\Fényx//
19-09-03, 11:10
It's tempting, but my Secret Weapon™ doesn''t require me taking a horde of LoM pills. Though I think a Lib tank will probably do very well.

Your gonna go in unarmed and hope your sexyness kills em ? Stripping off infront of them should scare em to death tbh :p

hinch
19-09-03, 11:11
"baseball bat of doom" "if you can read this your dead"

:)

Scikar
19-09-03, 11:16
Your gonna go in unarmed and hope your sexyness kills em ? Stripping off infront of them should scare em to death tbh :p

That's just my backup plan.

Though I'm actually not sure whether to take my melee tank now...

Not that it matters anyway, if it's next Saturday I won't be able to fight. :(

Mankind
19-09-03, 11:16
Okay further update on some questions:

-Melee tanks ARE allowed. The thing with them is they are allowed to use rare weapons :) This will definitely even out the playing field.

-Basically on an HC tank every weapon you can use except the following:

AoE (Including even the rare ones)
Cursed Soul

Every other weapon your tank can access, you may use. (I.E. Flamethrowers, TPCs, Speedgun, Laser Cannon)

-Any other type of Tank is allowed. Rifle or Pistol. Use a libby if you want, use a Pain Easer if you want. It doesn't matter :)

-I'm aiming for Saturday the 27th of September, but you know I can wait and if enough people want it the Saturday after, I'll go ahead and work it out for that day :) I want this event to last awhile and for people to remember it.

Again any further questions can be answered here, or you may mail me ingame on the character "Lord".

Thanks.

Scikar
19-09-03, 11:18
I can't do 27th of September but 4th of October works for me. Don't delay it just for me though.

Mankind
19-09-03, 11:23
I won't delay it for just one person as said before. That's why I'd like everyone who is interested to please mail my character "Lord" ingame and tell me which Saturday is best for you. September 27th or October 4th. If neither is good for you, sorry :(

Also to the people who have already posted and are sure they want to come, please give character name, rank and faction.

Thanks.

\\Fényx//
19-09-03, 11:25
Mankind, you realise that this will actually turn into a bit of a joke, with everyone trying to win with the most retarded weapon possible lol... People WILL lom to use a PE/Lib and you KNOW that the gimped melee/APU hybrid will win :D :lol:

Eledhbrant
19-09-03, 18:04
But thats whatll make it something to remember Fenyx :D

Shujin
19-09-03, 18:35
heheheh
i got a good idea ima try to do ;]

Mankind
19-09-03, 19:23
Originally posted by Eledhbrant
But thats whatll make it something to remember Fenyx :D

That's what I'm aiming for :) People to show off Tank skills you haven't seen normally. We always see Cursed Souls. For once lets get in some unique action.

Mankind
19-09-03, 21:55
UPDATE: The event WILL be October 4th at about 6:00PM EST. This is because I haven't heard any complaints from anyone so far about this date. It will give enough people time to train. If you can't make it this day, I am very sorry. So far these are the people I have signed up:

UberSoldat
Hygh
ZoneSeek
Scikar
Der Mord
Lord

If you are interested contact me by October 1st via ingame mail to "Lord" or write your CHARACTER NAME, RANK, and FACTION here please.

Thanks.

mdares
19-09-03, 22:58
mememememememememe....

erm i mean on my tank =)

"NeoPunk"

thnx...

... now to go cap con...

Mankind
20-09-03, 02:34
Originally posted by mdares
... now to go cap con...

oo, tell me how tell me how!? :p

mdares
20-09-03, 09:49
lets see...:

1.) go to via 3 and buy 1000 packs of antiperson rockets
2.) to go starter apt
3.) remove armor
4.) stand in corner
5.) m00nie thy self...

get roughly 50k con exp per clip... do that for a day and you should cap... i hope....

no i havent done this... the thought of the "do that for a day" just killed it right there... i think i'mma go raid MB and let people shoot me up :D cheaper con as i dunt pay for the ammo :D

Mankind
21-09-03, 14:22
Ok back on topic, lets stay on topic :)

Anyways this post is a day or two old. I know it can't be stickied so I'm going to try and keep it at the top as much as possible.
---
OCTOBER 4TH!!! 6 PM EASTERN TIME!
Post CHARACTER NAME, RANK, FACTION

All factions welcome!

Any question contact "Lord" ingame.
---
So far only 8 people!??

If I don't get at least 32, I'm going to have to call it off. A King of the Ring needs at least 32 :)

Dr.Mabuse
21-09-03, 16:34
Whats with the german tanks :confused:

and why a monday for that tournament?
6.00 eastern time? is it USA or GB :confused:

Mankind
21-09-03, 21:20
October 4th is a Saturday. 6:00 EST.

Everyone is welcome; european, english, etc.

mdares
22-09-03, 00:56
i aint german... anhyway EST is eastern time for US (i believe GMT -5)

ezza
22-09-03, 01:37
ok so that would make it 11pm UK time?

ok if thats the case count me in, time to get making that slotted TPC.

char is Diabolus Decor rank 56/65 ** and blackdragon faction

Mankind
24-09-03, 09:10
Sorry to disappoint everyone, but event has been cancelled. I thought I'd get a little more feedback ingame, but 10 people at most is not enough for a good event. I suck at organization anyways and I'll leave the events to the GMs/players with more dedication to the game.

Devils Grace
24-09-03, 10:38
ok so i got a melee tank to

devils grace alowed ?

if so count me in, even im goin get ma ass rapped it will be lota fun

this saturday is ok by me

lets rock

Devils Grace
24-09-03, 10:40
SHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTT

didnt read it all the replys

why

if u got few ppl do it like a league

everyone has to fight everyone one time

ezza
24-09-03, 12:04
Originally posted by Mankind
Sorry to disappoint everyone, but event has been cancelled. I thought I'd get a little more feedback ingame, but 10 people at most is not enough for a good event. I suck at organization anyways and I'll leave the events to the GMs/players with more dedication to the game.

damn, surely the monk problem isnt so big that there is only 10 tanks left :(

mankind, maybe would of been better also advertising it ingame aswell(dunno if you did or not)

oh well if anyone wants to duke it out, im up for fighting anyone, lol need all the pvp practice i can get:p