PDA

View Full Version : OT - Polybius - Law Enforcer meets 1981

Lanigav
19-09-03, 07:39
I found a very interesting article regarding a certain arcade game that supposedly came out in 1981.

http://coinop.org/g.aspx/103223/Polybius.html

What do you guys think? Truth or urban legend? Either way, I figure I might be able to get some decent answers here since the game appears to have been developed by some German company, and there's obviously a lot of Germans here.

QuantumDelta
19-09-03, 07:48
urban legend i think....freaky non-the-less....

Shadow Dancer
19-09-03, 08:00
That's...............disturbing.

GurTjaN
19-09-03, 09:25
damn i searched on googlee seems like theyre alot of topics on this polybius game but some1 says its just all an gag
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/roundup.asp

still very scary though :S

has something to do with hannibal ? hes a badass

Original monk
19-09-03, 10:12
If this game exists i wonna play it, i wish a game had that big influence on me, i also wonna have nightmare's after a game, i also wonna turn into some kind of zombie (an even bigger one then i am now after playing 72 hours of neocron) So if this game exists i wonna buy it, any game made by the military or cia or sumthing yust CANT be bad :P
And whats all that men in black stuff where they come collecting the info ? is it a brainwashgame? Then i want it also to wash my brains. Does it influences/activates certain parts off the brain so ya get all crazy ? Then i order 15 of them games.

quote: "used some kind of proprietary behavior modification algorithms developed for the CIA"

If this is true i buy 25 of em games :P It yust cant be bad

Shadow Dancer
19-09-03, 16:01
EDIT: oops, I didn't realize Gurtan edited his post to include the link. Soz.

hinch
19-09-03, 16:39
heh i found out about this a few weeks ago did some digging etc.

there is 1 still active some where in some private collectors home edition

whats very odd is when the rom`s for it are checked they contain nothing as in there is nothing in the entire cabinet to run the game they have a welcome and insert coin page and thats it nothing else.

you can find the roms if you really know what your doing on the net.

it isnt a hoax though theres also a video of one in use by said private collector too

Oath
19-09-03, 17:00
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
That's...............disturbing.

no whats disturbing is an anti games crusader 8| :wtf: :lol: :lol: :lol: what a geek.

Nullifidian
19-09-03, 17:04
HOAX

Jesus Christ, it's amazing how gullible people are.

Spoon
19-09-03, 17:13
Hey, I played that game back in '81.....
It was between the Asteroids and Joust machines at the arcade I played at....
One day, I was in the arcade playing that Battlezone game(the tank game that was just ploygon rendered vehicles), and the attendent at the arcade asked me if I want some free credits on the Polybius game, I said "sure"....
So I played it for about 20 minutes and then left..
I think the attendent got fired for letting me play for free, because I never saw him in there again.

btw, I been hopelessly addicted to video games ever since that day....go figure....

SigmaDraconis
19-09-03, 19:46
Why has no1 bitched at Spoon for his sig yet? o.0

Syntax-Error
19-09-03, 19:51
OMG i played this game and my eyes fell out. then some strange creature grew im my stomach and then burst out just after some aliens kidnapped me and implanted a chip in my nose and then some cows lost all there legs and some strange crop circles appeared.

nonamebrandeggs
19-09-03, 19:55
Argh I'm gunna need a few cans of Jolt to find this fucking ROM.

Hell-demon
19-09-03, 20:14
Ive played a game called Platapus if that counts?:p

This sounds a bit hard to believe. Hey we may have played it, we just cant remember.;)

Omnituens
19-09-03, 20:20
ultimate law enforcer is

E-SWAT!

its the daddy

ZoneVortex
19-09-03, 21:19
Haha, hoax I'd say. Though it is quite logical...

Benjie
19-09-03, 21:30
I think the game was probabally early alpha Neocron. The kids who woke up screaming probabally never left MC5.....

{MD}GeistDamnit
19-09-03, 21:38
quote from that page:

"Text in the game says "(C) 1981 Sinneslöschen" Maybe a German company?"

now we know how Martin and his evil company began ;)

Whiety Bulger
19-09-03, 23:32
I've heard of this before and quite frankly I don't know what to make of it. Any germans here know of any german companys named Sinnesloschen or have acess to corperate records of such a company?