PDA

View Full Version : =Brainport= New NPC

Richard Blade
19-09-03, 04:53
NPC
Purpose: NPC acts as patron for mini missions, tips, information (similar to the NEMA/neochronicle npc's), equipment locations.
Script: depends on purpose.

NPC will "target" a player and open dialogue with them. If a player other than the target tries to open dialogue, they might get the 'purpose' or they might be told to piss off.

NPC could be faction or class driven. This would lead to special items for a class.

NPC could be linked to a crate/wooden box/rusty box that will only spawn an item when the correct "target" player clicks the box.

NPC could wander a given path that starts at zone line and ends at zone line. That would be their given lifespan. So they won't clutter up a zone.

These NPC's could also be aimed at attribute rank. Thus maybe giving more content to lower level players, and occasion high level players.

I know that all may seem like something from a one player game, but it would give some randomness to our everyday experience. Also, with more help from the NPC's, maybe more players would be open to Roleplaying aspects. Imagine if you got tagged by an NPC who say's, "Hey, buddy, I see you are $faction$, well, your enemy faction is having a convoy. Get some friends and hit it." etc.

Just some thoughts on the way home from work.

Regards,
RB

ZoneVortex
19-09-03, 06:12
I think the NPCs in noob mc5 should do things like this

Whitestuff
19-09-03, 07:38
GREAT F*ING IDEA! This would be soooooooo good.

*runs to brainport to add my approval*

This would shake up the boredom soooo much. People would roam around looking for these guys to spawn just for a new storyline.

Shujin
19-09-03, 08:14
good idea and easy to script.

so devs have absolutly no reason to not add somethin like this because its easy as fuck to script

Al3X
19-09-03, 15:37
5 star, really like this idea
mayB coding it so its not always in the same area? (to prevent camping and just being dependent on luck) something like the larent bots, so pretty rare
-lex

Richard Blade
19-09-03, 18:38
I was thinking that to prevent camping, the player has about 1% chance to benefit from the NPC's purpose. If that player makes it past all the restrictions that the NPC has to follow. Correct faction, class, rank, then percentage chance of failure.

If the NPC picks the player, no problems.

And, Zone, I aggree, MC5 really needs these guys.

To any MOD that reads this, after it has aired for a while, or you just get tired of seeing it, could you move it to the Brainport forum? Thanks in advance. :)

Regards,
RB