PDA

View Full Version : How I read the German forums

DonnyJepp
19-09-03, 01:37
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?tt=url&url=http%3A%2F%2Fneocron2.jafc.de%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Fs%3D%26forumid%3D22&lp=de_en

Babelfish is well known for its hilarious translations. For whatever reason it interprets NC or Neocron as "Numerical Control" so there are a lot of references to that subject in the translations, although the speaker is referring to Neocron.

Plus you get such gems of wisdom as:

"Most Player bag is only lazy rats with PPu at the back to only hunt goes (sometimes do not believe I those to be able to do at all differently more) "

"4.) the roofridge Love Rifle should receive somewhat smaller Req s, it is really a too large difference between the flat steel bars and the CS (the CS only STR=105, HC = 117, T-C = 85 has) whereby they both are nearly alike with dmg_Wert (flat steel bar = 4*305 dmg and CS = 4*324 dmg)."

^^Referring to first love I think :D :D

Lots of people post in black text over there. There also doesn't seem to be the anti-parashock sentiment on the German side of the forums. I do see some "PPUs mess up PvP" comments like: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=de_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fneocron2.jafc.de%2Fshowthread.php%3Fs%3D61fe90ef80b1a841b041eeb92cc48e16%26threadid %3D75866

Tazo
19-09-03, 03:07
OMG

BABELFISH = KOS

Psyco Groupie
19-09-03, 03:35
thats nice ...

Mankind
19-09-03, 04:06
Rofl the roofridge love rifle :p

Oath
19-09-03, 11:59
devs should stop listening to the english forums and start listening to the german forums, sorry guys but they are much more grown up about things. OMG NERF T3H G3RM4N5 !1111111one............well imo they seem to have more of a view to balance the game and make it fun rather than ou forums wich seem to be........well NERF NERF BAN HOLY PARALYSIS NERF T3h TURRETS KOS KOS I R 1337!!! I PWN JOO, JOO ARE T3H SUX (germans have that too though just not as often).

Bu Bye...

Ps.... i r prepared to be flamed now.

(im scottish btw not german)

Lucjan
19-09-03, 12:23
Originally posted by Oath
devs should stop listening to the english forums and start listening to the german forums, sorry guys but they are much more grown up about things.

I have to disagree. While they do it a more grown up manner, they too often lack the global view. "My class" is dominant all over. Another point I noticed on the german forums: too often people without a clue how things work try to influence these discussions. In my opinion, generally spoken, the english forums is a better place for devs to listen too, as the content is often much better, just the box isnt that pretty ;-)

Anyway, Im sure devs follow the major problems on both forums, like it supposed to be.

Hazard01
19-09-03, 12:26
Well, I am german, and I think both forums have there advantages, but you are right in the point that we have gone a little beyond this "Fuck KK, Nerf this, donīt do that" thing.

Might be resignation, I canīt believe that we are something like more grown up or more serious :p

I personally like to cross read both of the forums because you can always pick up a useful bit of information here and there.

And Babelfish DOES suck, there is nearly never a translation that has the right meaning. You might get a general idea about the topic, but thats it. Donīt try to get a useful information out of that :)

hinch
19-09-03, 12:26
lucjan your german arent you?

coma`s signature makes me laugh

monkocron is coming :)

Lucjan
19-09-03, 12:33
Nope, Im not german, I just know the language very well.
I also read most posts on the german forums on daily basis, but I dont post often there anymore.

Yeah, Jupiter already feels like Monkocron. When I play on Jupiter from time to time, I sometimes get the feeling they have a least double the monks among their population then Pluto does.

hinch
19-09-03, 12:35
well they do have 3x the population of pluto anyway :)

next time your going on jupiter shout me on pluto first i`ll log meh monkeh :)

coma
19-09-03, 18:00
Originally posted by hinch
lucjan your german arent you?

coma`s signature makes me laugh

monkocron is coming :)

hey..thats the truth :p Check Jupiter, login..go pepper park and get a freeze O_o funny isnt it :confused:

sad but true...the most players at jupiter play a monk O_o

edit: here is my rp reason for this monkocron at jupiter :D

The Monk is the most potent Class and...when these cute little bastards dont fight..they fuck :D

hinch
19-09-03, 18:01
coma i know my hybrid often can be found randomly spamming and killing people :)

ive been a jupiter monk for a long long time though

msdong
19-09-03, 18:26
OMG my thread is quoted :)

nahh the german forum isn't any better them the english one and i wish we had a 3 day ban posting to
:cool:

but its allways cool to have both sides of view and most times this view is not that different :)