PDA

View Full Version : my idea on better way to change faction

Shujin
19-09-03, 00:18
the current system is kinda annoying, my constructor wants to be Crahn, but, he isnt able to do missions for crahn due to - symapthy, and would only be able to construction / delivering due to no pvp / pvm capabilities.

well i got an idea, instead of having 50 loyalty and 300k why not do this.

someone of that faction with at least 70 sympathy in that faction goes to the faction hq human resource officer.

the human resource then would ask you want.
from the list of npc chat stuff you would chose
"I know of a runner who would be a great addition to our cause."

the npc would then say
"Then he must prove himself worthy to be *insert faction here*"

you click "How?"

the npc would then say
"You must give him this key to bring to our faction. When he brings this key, we will determine how to test him."

you click " Does this key cost anything? "

npc says
"Yes there is a charge of 300,000 cr to you and the runner if he proves worthy"

you click "Hmm deal, I feel he is worth it."
or
you click "Sorry, I'll come back when I have the money."
or
you click "Woah, he's not worth that much. Cya"

if you clicked hmm deal. npc would then say
"Good to see you believe this much in someone. Here take this and give it to him. Tell him to bring it to any human resource officer of the *insert faction here* faction."
(gives item "Key to join *faction*")

then the key is givin from one player to another and the player that the key is given to, then walks to a human resource officer of the faction he is trying to join, he would then be sent on epic run type missions to prove his worthyness.
ex:
---Runner opens dialog---
npc: "Welcome, I see you have recieved an invitation to our great faction, consider yourself lucky. But do not consider yourself privledged just yet. We must test you."

you click: "What does this test involve? Will I have to kill someone?"

npc: "If you must then yes. However the first mission is simple, please goto Point Red and retreive a blueprint a fellow *faction* member lost. "

you click "He can go get him self, the lazy ass."
or
you click "Sure, if I must do such menial tasks to join you then I shall."

then you go do that and return and he gives u another mission.

the missions should take at least 10-20 mins to complete. and there should be 3-4 missions.

after you complete the missions you should then have to pay 300,000 cr.

gfx for the key to join the faction should be 2 of the unused gfx that used to be bank cards ( i think )
the red one for anti city factions:
(must copy and paste into address bar)http://www.kth.cx/up/a/anticity.gif

blue one for city factions/neutral factions:

(must copy and paste into address bar)http://www.kth.cx/up/c/cityfactions.gif

well thats my idea hope u like it

DonnyJepp
19-09-03, 01:07
That's pretty good stuff Mal, I had the idea to use a mini-epic to change factions a little while ago. It would be much better than killing crickets to earn the sympathy.

Lucjan
19-09-03, 01:09
I like this idea. But I somehow dont feel good about someone with -99 sympathy for the new faction to join it.
Maybe if staying in a faction would be combined with having positive faction sympathy otherwise one gets kicked out of the faction after a week of having negative faction sympathy it would work better. It would also solve some existing problems.

To give faction sympathy a better meaning, prices at faction locations could be based on how high the faction sympathy for that faction is, like some with 100 FS for FA would get a better price from vendors inside TH then someone with 10 FS - just an idea.

Shujin
19-09-03, 03:30
well anyone with -99 that wants to change now and able to fight can anyway, all it does is take more time.

i just like this idea because even someone with -99 and cant fight would b able to jus alot harder and more expensive

Psyco Groupie
19-09-03, 03:33
naaaa

Shujin
19-09-03, 03:59
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
naaaa WHAHAHA?!?!?!? *GOES CRAZY ;] jk ;]

care to say why though? ;P
ps. i wub teh soad

omg soad jus gave me idea for new head
gonna try to make face of one of teh soad guys ;]

extract
19-09-03, 04:05
if thats the case then youd end up paying 600k just to switch factions...I dont like that idea...plus you still end up doing missions anyways, so theres no real difference aside from time...good attempt tho had some good ideas it just didnt sit well as a whole with me

Psyco Groupie
19-09-03, 04:06
lol .. sorry for no explaination .. an extremely complicated method that allows -99 people to join a faction isnt 'better' imo .. soz :rolleyes:

Spectra260
19-09-03, 08:13
i like this idea...switching factions is to much a pain in the ass...especially when you dont wanna be in that faction.

Lucjan
19-09-03, 11:35
Originally posted by Spectra260
i like this idea...switching factions is to much a pain in the ass...especially when you dont wanna be in that faction.

This brings it pretty much to the point. Changing faction is something many of us do 6-7 times and it is a pain. In most cases the reasons are epic runs. Lets forget about epics for a moment and consider how often you would have to switch faction then? Maybe 2 times in some months? In that case the current system would be ok. So basically epics are a problem here. Now making epic reward faction restricted wont work: too late for this. Any ideas how to solve the problem?

Lexxuk
19-09-03, 13:57
Its a damn good idea, that needs tweaking. The runner must have + symp with that faction, or, at maximum, -10. Anything more than that, when you take the key to the Recruitment Occifer, he says "ya, right, piss off, we dont want scum like you in our faction!"