PDA

View Full Version : New spell to replace Parashocks !

\\Fényx//
18-09-03, 19:32
Ok,

^^

Been thinking about this one right, at the moment parashock is a PPU's way of getting away apparently, but holy para is perhaps the most usefull OFFENSIVE spell in the game o_O sooo...

how about a pacify spell, absically when cast it makes the person who's hit with it put their weapon away for say 3-5 seconds, its a fairly slow ROF like antibuff but a little bit faster, only a little, BUT only effects the slot that the weapon is in, so they can still draw another weapon.

Not really thought it through fully, thought about it in the car on the way home from work and thats about it really lol :D anyway, add your thoughts.

Either this or remove the way that parashock gives your char a neckbrace and puts him in a wheel chair and negate the effects it has on your mouse movement. I can live with a massiva hit to runspeed, but its the fact you cant curcle that is the real killer from parachock...

Nexxy
18-09-03, 19:35
not a bad idea, would encourage people to carry weps out of their safe slot too.

\\Fényx//
18-09-03, 19:35
Originally posted by Nexxy
not a bad idea, would encourage people to carry weps out of their safe slot too.

aye, meaning things might drop in belts now other than a basic 1 or a fucking pair of boots so it gives another reason to be a hacker :)

Mankind
18-09-03, 19:41
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
but holy para is perhaps the most usefull OFFENSIVE spell in the game o_O

Most useful offensive spell? What about the actual offensive spells? (APU)

Then it's true that Holy Antibuff is perhaps one of the most useful DEFENSIVE spells in the game.

\\Fényx//
18-09-03, 19:43
Originally posted by Mankind
Most useful offensive spell? What about the actual offensive spells? (APU)

Then it's true that Holy Antibuff is perhaps one of the most useful DEFENSIVE spells in the game.

ok name one thing in the game, during a big fight where your at the center of it all, that you HATE the most... antibuff or parashock? Atleast when antibuffed you can still run or put an effort into staying alive by defending yourself. Para kills the skill in PVP, antibuff is a way around a half decent PPU...

Mankind
18-09-03, 19:49
ok name one thing in the game, during a big fight where your at the center of it all, that you HATE the most... antibuff or parashock? Atleast when antibuffed you can still run or put an effort into staying alive by defending yourself. Para kills the skill in PVP, antibuff is a way around a half decent PPU...

Actually in 3rd person I don't get that "neck twisting" action that most people get when parashocked. So if I get parashocked I just stand still and fight to the death with wheoever is attacking me. If I die, I'll get a rez.

Nexxy
18-09-03, 19:59
yeah, but thats not fun....

Shadow Dancer
18-09-03, 20:06

If I die, I'll get a rez.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways........fenix that's actually a great idea you have there. I wasn't expecting a real idea, I thought you were just gonna rant. :p

Progenitor
18-09-03, 20:11
That should be what Distract Mind spell does.

Does Distract Mind have any affect on non-MOBs?

-p

Rizzy
18-09-03, 20:14
or, make it so parashocks have at most something like a 30% shock but they also drain your stamina pool by a bit. For example, Holy Paralysis shocks 30% and drains 80% of your stamina and the parashock halo does like 20% shock and 60% stamina drain. Just a thought.

Idea: keep parashocks as they are, make antishock like stamina boosters, they give no drug effect and come in stacks of 4 for about 200cr, just another thought

Lucjan
18-09-03, 20:22
how about a pacify spell, absically when cast it makes the person who's hit with it put their weapon away for say 3-5 seconds, its a fairly slow ROF like antibuff but a little bit faster, only a little, BUT only effects the slot that the weapon is in, so they can still draw another weapon.

The problem I see is for example in OP fights, especially on slower PCs, where you accidently hit a PPU as he runs throu your line of fire not to mention the posibilities to abuse the use of such a spell, like cast it and then run only around in front of weapon using classes to cross their line of fire.

Shadow Dancer
18-09-03, 20:26
Originally posted by Rizzy

Idea: keep parashocks as they are, make antishock like stamina boosters, they give no drug effect and come in stacks of 4 for about 200cr, just another thought

I'd rather have shocks removed, but IF they have to stay I would prefer this. Cheaper and able to be stacked. And they have to have some type of prevantitive effect ffs.

\\Fényx//
18-09-03, 20:30
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I'd rather have shocks removed, but IF they have to stay I would prefer this. Cheaper and able to be stacked. And they have to have some type of prevantitive effect ffs.

Yea either my Idea or riz's

extract
18-09-03, 20:59
antibuff is a way around a half decent PPU...

then para is the way around a half decent tank/PE/APU

Scikar
18-09-03, 21:03
Originally posted by extract
then para is the way around a half decent tank/PE/APU

Not quite. The best ppus can shrug off an antibuff. The best apu/PE/tank is hurt a helluva lot more by para than the best ppu is by antibuff.

extract
18-09-03, 21:12
Originally posted by Scikar
Not quite. The best ppus can shrug off an antibuff. The best apu/PE/tank is hurt a helluva lot more by para than the best ppu is by antibuff.

Im quite aware of that Im just saying that in regards to the comment that was made out of a sheer copout....there is hundreds of reasons why you could say antibuff and para is the way around certain classes, and antibuff is not strictly used against PPUs I remember one time it was my APU and my buddies PPU against another APU & PPU(talk about the longest battle of the century) we were both lvl 60 APUs and we both had capped PPUs on our sides...well after like 10 solid minutes of fire apocalypse battle and him trying ti antibuff my PPU and me trying to antibuff his....I had a little idea why hes antibuffing my PPU im gonna antibuff the APU and the PPU thought i was antibuffing him so in the end the PPU totally disregarded the fact i antibuffed his APU and thought my spell simply "didnt work" which made easy work of that APU in the end, and also with a PPU by himself i ended up "owning" the ppu as well para and all....so theres always a means to an end...so to say that antibuff is the only way around a half decent PPU leaves plenty of room for a justifiable comment such as mine.....