PDA

View Full Version : Has DAoC its own Offical Forum...?

Sleawer
18-09-03, 15:15
- Where devs talk with the community like here?
- With discussion about patches, new changes, classes, etc..
- Basically a way to interact with other servers, players, and also receive backup from the game company.

Not sure if I am breaking a rule asking this.. if so, sorry in advance.

I still enjoy Neocron, and have good thoughts about this community. But also there is time to look into other mmorpg's (there is nothing like having free time... and money! :p).

I am a man of many (not woman, no) games, always up for diversity, and as Dragon Empires seems that will stay in beta 0 for quite long time, I wanted to try and taking a look in another mmrpg.

So far comparing to Neocron the others sux (still have to check EVE); but DAoC seems a good game aswell to give a try and alternate with Neocron.

Sooo... if anyone could direct me to the official forums, so I can have some imput before deciding to buy the game or not, I would be really thankful.

Mighty Max
18-09-03, 15:17
get to the good old Asherons Call 1.

DAoC is nothing but a cash machine.

\\Fényx//
18-09-03, 15:20
Originally posted by Sleawer
- Where devs talk with the community like here?

like here ?!? where?

:lol: :p :lol:

DM Pitspawn and hope he log's on at some point, he plays DAoC now.

Jesterthegreat
18-09-03, 15:20
www.darkageofcamelot.com and www.camelot-europe.com

they are the 2 official websites... thats your best bet. however i dunno if they do

djskum
18-09-03, 15:26
I haven't played DOAC for a long time but they pulled the official forum (ages ago) and I think Barry's world is about the closest you'll get to an official forum now.

DjSKum

PS Look out for LoD on Excal, albion. Fucking top guild!

hinch
18-09-03, 15:30
hinch [All I ever wanted was for you to know that i cared] says:
jed0
hinch [All I ever wanted was for you to know that i cared] says:
does daoc have any official forums?
Raven Ardent says:
none official
Raven Ardent says:
BW host some
Raven Ardent says:
www.prydwen.net is the main forum for my realm/server

Sleawer
18-09-03, 16:09
Thanks Jester, I have been in both sites this morning, and also tried to search for some kind of official forums... but no luck, that's why I ask here.

Fenyx, we often discuss patchs, changes and balance issues with devs. They read us, and answer in the proper moment.. not often, but at least I know that I am writting in the right place to be read by the KK team.. not in a private fansite.

Max, I will take a look to AC aswell, thanks for the tip.

Also thanks to djskum for adressing me.. I have seen that are quite a lot servers. Some are PvP, others... PvE? (no clue what it means), and others are Roleplay servers.
I will have to take a look deeper in this to understand it a bit more.

I'd like to try a game with a great community tho.. and probably a game with great roleplay.

Omni X
18-09-03, 16:26
http://vnboards.ign.com/

The Mythic stops by quite often on the DAOC boards there.

Marx
18-09-03, 20:07
No official boards.

But like Omni says, they make appearances on some of the better known community forums.

Alex Mars
18-09-03, 20:22
Come on over to:

http://daoc.catacombs.com/

We have some pretty good forums, game info, and the devs drop by once in a while.

DAoC is not a bad game, you should ignore the pathetic fanbois who slam any game that isn't NC and try DAoC for yourself.

Helen Angilley
18-09-03, 22:47
Originally posted by Alex Mars
DAoC is not a bad game, you should ignore the pathetic fanbois who slam any game that isn't NC and try DAoC for yourself.

Much like the pathetic non-fanbois who slam anyone that shows the slightest bit of love for Neocron?

Darkborg
18-09-03, 23:37
god where did that come from o_O

Helen Angilley

Much like the pathetic non-fanbois who slam anyone that shows the slightest bit of love for Neocron?

wtf he only said he should try it for himself.
Did you feel targeted by this somehow ?o_O

yes by all means try it out dude(always better to get the experiience first hand), But i still find that NC is the best MMoG out there at the moment but then again im probably just a pathetic fanboy like the rest that cant leave this game alone.:D

And Helen ease up for christsake

Marx
18-09-03, 23:58
Originally posted by Helen Angilley

LOL

:lol:

Darkborg, her comment is a bit beyond your grasp. It was directed at Alex, and as such probably won't make sense to you.

Helen Angilley
19-09-03, 00:01
Originally posted by Marx
LOL

:lol:

Darkborg, her comment is a bit beyond your grasp. It was directed at Alex, and as such probably won't make sense to you.

^^ Wot 'e said.

*Toddles off to bed after letting Nidhogg into her account. Not pants. Account. Yes*

Darkborg
19-09-03, 00:06
I think im going to take that as a " something transpired u dont know about so you dont get the joke"

And not like a "U 2 Dumb post"

Though it could be perceived as both.

Darkborg, her comment is a bit beyond your grasp. It was directed at Alex, and as such probably won't make sense to you

how is it beyond my grasp BTW ?
I think i can fairly easily read what it says and i dont think my english is quite that bad yet.