PDA

View Full Version : TG epic reward- Freedom strike?

icarium
18-09-03, 14:19
have just read this mentioned in another thread, does anyone have a little more info? am at work so cant search for it myself. any info much appreciated. the suggestion was its a grenade of some type but if its one shot its a bit poo as an epic reward? unless its a gr launcher?

also does anyone know what the tsunami epic reward is gonna be?

J. Folsom
18-09-03, 14:21
I'd guess the Freedom strike would be either BPable, or you just get a bunch from an NPC in the TG Canyon, and you can always get more if you run out.

The Tsunami faction reward is supposed to be an assault rifle, presumably TL 75, so it's a nice step in between TAR and Pain Easer if you're pure low-tech.

Scikar
18-09-03, 14:49
It's a BPable grenade, and though it's TL75 one grenade does more damage than one Moon Striker rocket.

icarium
18-09-03, 14:58
cheers guys! lots of gren spamming over op walls from tg in future then eh?

assault rifle? bah what use is that to me poor old pistol pe? :(:D

ezza
18-09-03, 15:11
Originally posted by Scikar
It's a BPable grenade, and though it's TL75 one grenade does more damage than one Moon Striker rocket.

is that confirmed that it does more damage sci?

cos it seems a bit strange with the moony being a higher TL than the FS

J. Folsom
18-09-03, 15:28
Originally posted by ezza
is that confirmed that it does more damage sci?

cos it seems a bit strange with the moony being a higher TL than the FS Yes; but with a Moonie you can buy new ammo normally, which is a lot cheaper then getting a TL 75 thing constructed.

\\Fényx//
18-09-03, 15:33
man wtf grenade... PFFT !!!111 Should be a new kind of fusion weapon, like a pulse-Fusion instead, just like the fusion drones... That way you could have a pulse fusion pistol, 3 shot's with decent range good for hunting. Pulse fusion rifle, uber range and fast rof compared to current rifles. Pulse fusion cannon would be less damage than a mal, but 3 explosions so if you spam you can get greater coverage over all.

:)

CkVega
18-09-03, 15:43
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Yes; but with a Moonie you can buy new ammo normally, which is a lot cheaper then getting a TL 75 thing constructed.

I've heard a rumor that it will be quite cheap to make (i.e. no expensive weapon parts).

Hmmm, now if they were clonable from junk.......

Spy<VS>Spy
18-09-03, 16:16
yeah i heard it will be attachable to a jet pack made just for tanks too...okay, no i made that up.

alright, honostly, in real life, yeah a rocket launcher would probably yeild a stronger charge then a granade. but this is neocron, i always beleive the more tricky the weapon is to use, the more damage it should do. there are no aim hacks or shit like that in this game. (heh...that i know of) though saying that the psi monks should do the least because they are by far the EASIEST class to fight with...no recoil, no miss, no lock time. most of their spells down even have a weapon trail, you cant even tell they are trained on you.

Rock on granade launchers, may many drugged up PE's also behold in your bounty. :)

Mr Friendly
18-09-03, 16:36
Originally posted by Scikar

if that's true & its also BP able.......it better not be able to be used by any of the city factions....

Scikar
18-09-03, 17:57
Well that's all the information Lupus posted on it, though I can't remember where.

\\Fényx//
18-09-03, 18:01
my question is this... you do the epic, you never heard of the reward before and dont look at the forums, you chuck the grenade... then what, end of your epic reward ?!? o_O KK arent likely to relpace it now are they.

Scikar
18-09-03, 18:03
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
my question is this... you do the epic, you never heard of the reward before and dont look at the forums, you chuck the grenade... then what, end of your epic reward ?!? o_O KK arent likely to relpace it now are they.

Well the guy who gives it to you during the epic will probably tell you to BP it, or he might give you a BP in the first place.

It would be just like building a PN for the first time and going straight out to PK with it and an apu blows it up.

CkVega

very very good point, what you should get is an indestuctable Blueprint that doesn't lose its contents when built (And cannot be copied)

Duder
They better give a BPs with the grenade, so the dumbasses wont lose the grenade, then moan.

Kasumi
18-09-03, 18:15
Yes its a BPable Handgrenade called the TG-275 Fredom Strike.. it looks like a trash handgrenade :) hope that helps ;)

Lexxuk
18-09-03, 19:58
OMG, so, when one gets thrown at me, can I just go pick it up and like, keep it? Cause then I can make my own BP's of the epic grenades :D

Q`alooaith
18-09-03, 20:08
Originally posted by Lexxuk
OMG, so, when one gets thrown at me, can I just go pick it up and like, keep it? Cause then I can make my own BP's of the epic grenades :D

That's one of the problems, think abut the PN, you never ever have to see a rarepart, you just have to buy a BP, or a copy of a copy of the BP...

think about it, it'd take only a short time for it to get around all over, and if it's good enough, or needed enough, everyone ends up getting one..

Duder
18-09-03, 20:28
.....try picking up a thrown hand Grenade....you cant. ...unless he threw it without arming the grenade.....

Cruzbroker
18-09-03, 21:21
Omg, hey, what about grenade with stack of infinite ? brakes like a normal epic weapon, which is the stack... different system than normal grenades tho.

Nullifidian
18-09-03, 21:46
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
Omg, hey, what about grenade with stack of infinite ? brakes like a normal epic weapon, which is the stack... different system than normal grenades tho.

Wow, that's super realistic!

Cruzbroker
18-09-03, 22:13
well, what's else so realistic in this game? gentanks running faster than vehicles, yeah..

You have to put quickbelt full of grenades? ..

120% cond ~ 50 throws?...

Judge
18-09-03, 22:18
I like the idea of an indistructable non copiable BP to make the grenades from.

Crashtec
28-01-04, 19:25
Is this grenade in retail yet? For that matter, is the TG epic even in retail yet as of 2004?

greendonkeyuk
28-01-04, 19:37
man wtf grenade... PFFT !!!111 Should be a new kind of fusion weapon, like a pulse-Fusion instead, just like the fusion drones... That way you could have a pulse fusion pistol, 3 shot's with decent range good for hunting. Pulse fusion rifle, uber range and fast rof compared to current rifles. Pulse fusion cannon would be less damage than a mal, but 3 explosions so if you spam you can get greater coverage over all.

:)

i like this idea better. a LOT better.

darkservent
28-01-04, 19:38
still doesnt stop u from makin millions of grenades and sellin em off which will make the epic usless or not worthy of doin cause u can just buy them from fellow traders. It should be that once it detonates itll spawn back into ur QB slot u put it in.

Kasumi
28-01-04, 19:40
Errrrr.. This thread is VERY old... by the way why not just make it TG only? That would solve everyones problem...

Samhain
28-01-04, 19:44
Wow, that's super realistic!

About as realistic as handheld fusion weapons and psi abilities.

\\Fényx//
28-01-04, 19:45
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
i like this idea better. a LOT better.

holy mega bumpage batman O_o I was like wtf when did I say that, then noticed the date :lol:

Mr. Chainsaw
28-01-04, 19:48
Yeah really old.....I thought it was a rocket launcher anyway :P

Nullifidian
28-01-04, 19:53

CLOSED

Mr. Chainsaw
28-01-04, 19:55
Oh, looking back through the posts I guess someone was asking where this weapon is since it hasn't been added since this thread was started months ago. To answer that question, it's the epic reward for the Twilight Guardian, but they are one of the unfinished epic factions since DOY isn't out yet, so you can't get it yet.