PDA

View Full Version : NeoLojik's Neocron Rare Tracker v1.1

NeoLojik
18-09-03, 10:38
Ok, last nights demo wasnt a huge success so Ive made the changes, tested everything again and have started another thread for the imput :)

RareTracker - http://www.neoinfo.co.uk/test/?admin=1

Ok, heres what I'd like from you all:
a) Oppinions about the design, layout, etc
b) Oppinions about the functionality
c) Thorough testing :D
d) Any spelling / data accuracy issues.

I know the TL for the SlotEnhancer 0.9 is incorrect, if anyone knows the real value, I'd appriciate it.

NOTE: This tracker uses heavy use of Javascript and a popup window. If you click the 'Edit' link and nothing happens then please close any popup stoppers you have running and try again.

This was written in about 3Hours (including the debugging time :p) so I do expect to find things that dont work.

You have full access to update any of the part counts, so attack it, and lemme know if you break it :)

Thanks, NeoLojik

Oath
18-09-03, 10:47
Nice layout dood, havent been able to test it yet though hehe.

Good work.

Oath.

NeoLojik
18-09-03, 11:13
@Oath, Thanks, the updating definately works, someone updated it with a huge amount of Judge parts :p

2 Bugs fixed:
- Entering a number with a 0 infront no longers shows with the leading 0 (04 for example)
- Entering an alphanumeric character is nolonger possible, it sets the value to 0.

HighRiseDrifter
18-09-03, 11:17
Nice work old chap.

Will test it properly later when I have more time and post results if that's ok?

Cheers

HRD

zewy
18-09-03, 11:27
What I like you to add
user/password login
search for rares in database by server or trade only or cash
queary string for all to see your own rare parts but can't edit it like this

http://www.neoinfo.co.uk/test/?zewy

and that show my rares parts

great page you made :)

NeoLojik
18-09-03, 11:31
Originally posted by HighRiseDrifter
Nice work old chap.

Will test it properly later when I have more time and post results if that's ok?

Cheers

HRD Sure thing man, great to see you again, has been a while :)

Originally posted by zewy
What I like you to add
user/password login
search for rares in database by server or trade only or cash
queary string for all to see your own rare parts but can't edit it like this

http://www.neoinfo.co.uk/test/?zewy

and that show my rares parts

great page you made :) I considered doing something along these lines, but at the moment its sufficient for my clans needs, maybe I'll expand it when I get some more free time :)

MisterP
18-09-03, 11:53
Nice work Neo m8, looks real usefull

GurTjaN
18-09-03, 12:04
very clear man looks nice @ the colours
and its handy

thumbs up

Shockwave
18-09-03, 12:08
Looking good, Neo mate. After my experiences being Clan Rares Keeper/Holder Of for the UHC I can tell you it's a bit of a full-time job keeping an up-to-date list though - one slip and you end up having to recatalogue the whole bloody lot (And we only had 3 members!). :/

"NC Traders - CEO" - new Clan is it? :)

Shock.

Edit:
Suggestion - After you edit one of the rares listings you have to refresh the page for the changes to show. You may want to figure a way of forcing a refresh of the main page upon clicking Update on the child window. ;)

ericdraven
18-09-03, 12:11
You can insert negative numbers. :p

NeoLojik
18-09-03, 13:19
Originally posted by Shockwave
Suggestion - After you edit one of the rares listings you have to refresh the page for the changes to show. You may want to figure a way of forcing a refresh of the main page upon clicking Update on the child window. ;) It was originally like that and worked fine on my local webserver but stopped working once it had been put on the neoinfo webserver, Im working on solving it :)

Originally posted by ericdraven
You can insert negative numbers. :p Not anymore you cant :p

tobolt
18-09-03, 13:32
nice one mate

but surly you dont want just anyone to edit the numbers can you put some sort of password protection on it? :D

NeoLojik
18-09-03, 13:46
Originally posted by tobolt
nice one mate

but surly you dont want just anyone to edit the numbers can you put some sort of password protection on it? :D I altered it to let anyone modify it, when its been tested it'll be restricted :)

Progenitor
18-09-03, 14:47
Change the order of the tech part list:

Tech, Hull, Frame, Core, Comp, Add Tech, Add Hull

That way, all of the un-used tech parts are always at the rear of the list and you don't have holes.

Otherwise, good job.

-p

G.0.D.
18-09-03, 15:51
Very nice,

You could add an extra column for the amount of full rares that u can build out of the parts

Eg paw of tiger tl68 low-tech 2 - 5 6 2 = 2 full

NeoLojik
18-09-03, 16:01
Originally posted by Progenitor
Change the order of the tech part list:

Tech, Hull, Frame, Core, Comp, Add Tech, Add Hull

That way, all of the un-used tech parts are always at the rear of the list and you don't have holes.

Otherwise, good job.

-p Good idea, it was originally suppoed to be like that unil I realised some rares only needed 4 parts :)

Originally posted by G.0.D.
Very nice,

You could add an extra column for the amount of full rares that u can build out of the parts

Eg paw of tiger tl68 low-tech 2 - 5 6 2 = 2 full Already partly implemented, clan request hehe.

Keep all the ideas flowing! Thx for all the help so far :)
BTW, nobody know the TL of the v0.9 SlotEnhancer I take it?

\\Fényx//
18-09-03, 16:05
TL 60 I believe o_O

ZoneVortex
18-09-03, 16:06
so wait, if i edit it on that page does it edit for everyone who visits it? or can i just customize it to my tech parts freely

Morrow36
18-09-03, 16:19
Nice , but i would still like a stand alone program like mine :) check sig

Would one need to install this on thier server, i'm not sure how you would customize it for a single person.

NeoLojik
18-09-03, 16:32
Originally posted by ZoneVortex
so wait, if i edit it on that page does it edit for everyone who visits it? or can i just customize it to my tech parts freely Its global m8, you make a change, everyone sees it. Its intended for use in my clan, just seeing what others thought of it / seeiung if they could find anymore bugs :)

Maybe I'll make a site for people to track their rares, just maybe :D

G.0.D.
18-09-03, 23:48
you could give out the source and allow other people 2 have there own sites