PDA

View Full Version : Gen Rep Bug

kb244
18-09-03, 06:36
It seems that every single time I use the Gene Replicator, that my Dexterity & Inteligence level are decreased by 3 once I recover from synaptic impairment, then to get the 3 back, I have to log off , then log back on, then I cannot use my Fusion Rifle ( you cannot use this item yet ) , until I go into another sector or zone, its bloody annoying to have to log off, then go into another sector, just to get everything back to normal.

KidWithStick
18-09-03, 06:37
Originally posted by kb244
It seems that every single time I use the Gene Replicator, that my Dexterity & Inteligence level are decreased by 3 once I recover from synaptic impairment, then to get the 3 back, I have to log off , then log back on, then I cannot use my Fusion Rifle ( you cannot use this item yet ) , until I go into another sector or zone, its bloody annoying to have to log off, then go into another sector, just to get everything back to normal.

hmm

never heard of this before...

try

helpdesk@neocron.com

extract
18-09-03, 06:42
Ive had a similar bug, and thats whenever i died on my pistol PE i couldnt use my lib or blacksun til i zoned or relogged...and if you die towards the end of a chaos cave you can understand how much it sucks to walk all the way to entrance just to zone to use youre gun....anyways it seems to be fixed now....I think it had something to do with my IMP setup...I kinda drugged to put my SF in at the time so i think it was a domino effect the imps showed as they were working but they really werent....anyways ive since capped my PE so thats not a problem anymore....

japata
18-09-03, 06:46
Yup. Had this bug with my lib PE, I found that some boosters (prolly the ones I had on before I died) and all drugs allow me use my gun again.

msdong
18-09-03, 06:47
well it looks like u have a chip in you head that "holds itself".
when you get SI you can not use the chip and lose 3 points.
after the SI is gone you EXACTLY hitting the points you need for the rifle.
KK told a few month ago that they dont want ppl to use chips that way but i think its a bad way how they put it in.

mdares
18-09-03, 07:43
got same problem; i meet all the reqs for every chipper i use... yet i still ccant use my gun if i die; i need to boost myself with something/anything (resist2, pc1, wutever)...

Mankind
18-09-03, 07:57
I think I've had a similar problem where I'm on a map and I have 1% still left on SI and it doesn't go away until I log off or zone. Maybe that's your problem because 1% is like 3 levels right?

Richard Slade
18-09-03, 10:14
To add with those bugs are the PPU:
When being a deader and either GR OR rezzed
you can't cast heal and some other stuff, that kinda sucks
ALWAYS gotta relogg....

kb244
18-09-03, 10:21
Originally posted by Mankind
I think I've had a similar problem where I'm on a map and I have 1% still left on SI and it doesn't go away until I log off or zone. Maybe that's your problem because 1% is like 3 levels right?

Nope, i'm 0% when that happens, and the one chip i cant use is like a Balistic 3 until I relog. Also I'm a spy , not a PPU or a PE.

Oath
18-09-03, 11:19
you missed my fave GR bug eva..........GR in, get ganked, get a ppu to rezz you, whats this, i cant be rezzed cos im alive? o.0 im dead.........ill relog.............log in im dead............PPU tries again.......sayd im alive..........i say KOS KOS KOS, only ever happend when i went through the Gr. i hate genreps........scrambling my Dna, unnerving.

OpTi
18-09-03, 13:19
as said by msdong it's because you have a chip in that you only meet the req when that chip is active.

e.g.

an SF requires 83 dex but you only have 78(including imps etc) the chip itself gives 5 so if it was in and active then you would be able to use it.

so you take some redflash and get the imp in, the drugs wearoff but you still have the bonus so you hit 83 dex, enough to use the SF.

Now you GR, after the SI is gone your other imps will be active bu the SF won't because you don't meet the req so you either have to take another drug or you can zone/relog. I'm sure your not really supposed to do this but it really doesn't really harm anyone, cuz if you die and get rezzed you end up with is the chip looks active but it's not cuz you can't use your main gun that needed whatever the SF provided (TC, DEX etc).

Edit: oath simple fix for that is to get the ppu to rez you again, it looks like your standing, you probably can speak too but if you get heal cast on you it will have no effect meaning you are still dead.

Barak
18-09-03, 14:18
i used to have this bug till i capped my dex, casting pistol/rifle 1 or what ever you use worked for me , try that or popping a lowlvl dex drug

Scikar
18-09-03, 22:15
The problem the thread starter is having is that his Experimental Ballistic Weapon Chip 3 has a higher req than the DEX he gets from his other imps allows.

As for the other bugs, I have had:

Both of my PE chars have to have a buff casted on them (can be anything, basic resist 1 even works) in order to use stealth, Pain Easer, or Lib after being ressurected.

Rarely I get 1% synaptic which won't go away.

My rifle PE had the strangest bug, I had a mystery -20 to t-c or something, I was zoning around Jeriko and I couldn't use my stealth on one side, yet I could on the other, though I can't remember if it was a case of the neg being when I was in Jeriko zone or if it existed in all zones but the +t-c from the OP let me use stealth again.

mdares
18-09-03, 23:42
nope; i can use all my chips:

capped dex 80, +5 exp reflex 4 -> 85 dex, balanced adv 3 +5dex again -> 90 dex, SF +5 dex -> 95 dex, +5 dex SA = 100 dex... all my imps can be used w/o drugs and stuff and i meet the reqs with normal imps too...

yet when i die, i cant use my bs or my libby... this problem ONLY occurs after death; after gr doesnt cause this problem... i need to either zone or log or cast a boost on myself to correct the postmordem no use bug...

craio
18-09-03, 23:54
Had another bug once,gr to mb drop dead ,right click gr to apt drop dead again then i gr to plaza still dead at the reset point tried it twice again stayed dead,decide to log for a bit ,come back online alive at mb and with all my imps in...

extract
19-09-03, 01:29
Originally posted by msdong
KK told a few month ago that they dont want ppl to use chips that way but i think its a bad way how they put it in.

well then i guess the same could be applied to PA as well, I dont know of one monk who doesnt drug to put on lvl 3 PA...unless they like to be gimped that is

Kugero
19-09-03, 16:30
I've had this kind of thing happen to me as well. I've noticed:

1) it tends to hit me whenever I've done some funky implant configs (for example, having to use a drug to implant and then using that implant to enable another, etc.) Maybe the implants aren't "turning on" in the right order as SI wears off due to #2 below ...

2) occassionaly after Genrep'ing some of my skill/attribute points won't recover fully from SI wearing off. I think this is related to the client missing an update from the game server or vice-versa do to net lag or something else. As I understand it, when you zone or relog your client gets an update from the game server effectively 'catching you back up' to your correct stats ...

FBI
19-09-03, 16:37
http://forum.neocron.com/avatar.php?userid=15893&dateline=1062794431

lmao

Oath
19-09-03, 16:42
Originally posted by OpTi
Edit: oath simple fix for that is to get the ppu to rez you again, it looks like your standing, you probably can speak too but if you get heal cast on you it will have no effect meaning you are still dead.

Naw i see myself as dead (speaking over teamspeak) but to everyone else im alive tried relogging restarting only way to fix it is to gr out.