PDA

View Full Version : Sync bugs = lost items

Liquid_Ice
18-09-03, 04:08
For starters I guess I just want to know what people think ..

The other day I was with some fellow faction members defending NCPD HQ when after alot of hits my SS cpu broke... Now I don't know about alot of people but after about 20 or so syncs I get booted from the game server with a fatal error or sync lock.. Well while running to P1 to get my SS cpu repaired by a friend I sync locked. Once I reloged my SS was gone so I relogged about 5 times and it never came back so I sent in a help request and was told to contact the helpdesk via email.. I get an email back saying they are only willing to give me 100,000nc for compensation.. I think this is bullshit , what do you think and is there any hope for me to get my cpu back.. Hell , KK if they are only 100k I will take 2 of each rare cpu thanks

Kasumi
18-09-03, 04:20
I synced and lost all my apps..

Hippieman
18-09-03, 04:51
Comrade Liquid_Ice me thinks KK is beink generious with their 100k reward no? Most MMORPG's wont give you your items back , or any compensation, not even a bottle of Russian vodka, the capitalist pigs! As soon as the comrades at the KK HQ development their item trackink whatever system you will probablink be able to get back you items. And if KK will not be workink on da item trackink system, KGB operatives will presuade them to finish on time.

Q`alooaith
18-09-03, 05:00
Comrade Hippieman is most correct.. I have yet to play another MMOG that would give items back lost, remember there was a time when items would be given back, but some realy greedy capitalist pigs took advantage of them and they had to stop it somehow..

It's a shame you lost the item, but it's not the end of the world, your char's intact, and it's only one implant, not easly replacable, but still there are other's that can do simmalar jobs untill you find time to replace the lost one..

MayhemMike
18-09-03, 05:25
its too easy to say , " i lost my 30mill and 6 of every mc5 cpu kthx."

Mankind
18-09-03, 05:26
I think you are lying. I think you lost it defending the NCPD and someone hacked your belt and now you gotta have an excuse in hopes that you *might* get one back.

And if it is true, you just have to deal with it, KK's rules.

Machen
18-09-03, 05:47
I`ve yet to see a MMOG that return you your lost item
Afaik, Your loving Anarchy Online(tm) does, with tracking system :rolleyes:
donno about other game, but prolly there are more though... at least I know that does.

edit:some spell correction

Marx
18-09-03, 05:51
TEH HWAR HAWR.

Anarchy online has more staffers.

Just remember, every complaint about "oh I lost *insert item here*" is investigated (more thoroughly in the past tho'). The period of time thats being thought upon by a staffer means there's one less staffer working towards current progression, or DoY, etc

Thats why KK said enough with it.

Because most claims were false, and they have too much other (important) stuff to take care of.

Liquid_Ice
18-09-03, 22:44
Well I have only played one other Mass. Multi game and when I did have a problem like this they did infact return my lost items.. They better get a better way of handling this kind of thing soon cause if I were to loose one of my four slot rare rifles I would tell KK to kiss my fucking ass and cancel my accounts...Telling players "oh so sorry but we can't help" when you work hard to get an item and it is lost because of bad code is just shit.. If it were player error I wouldn't have said a thing but this simply isn't..

Helen Angilley
18-09-03, 22:45
I lost an apartment full of MC5 chips this way.

True you know.

Honest.

Divide
19-09-03, 09:06
Im in humble opinion, I think that KK should be more willing to roll characters back a few hours/days in order to recover lost items. My brother lost a 5 slot pain easer, 100k was his compensation. And when he asked for a rollback? Damn, Ive never seen such a disrespectful email from any helpdesk, let alone the neocron helpdesk.
And yes, I realize that a rollback could possibly cause duping of someones entire inventory, and money, but these things could be prevented if kk were to do a small amount of homework on the character-- you know they are keeping logs of everything, it would be foolish to think otherwise, and utterly retarded for kk to leave a game like this which has a history, and future completely unrecorded

MjukisDjur
19-09-03, 09:22
Divide, you are right. Unfortunatly some pigs will always take advantage of that so therefore they cannot rollback.
Huge problem is that they simply cannot log all actions on the server. But, should all rare items be given a unique id to track them? It shouldnt be too hard to setup. A log system keeping track of all rares a user tag shouldn't take to much resources and with it they could tell who now got Liquids precious SS and prevent duping (or atleast track dupes for deletion)

(just some thoughts)

Regards
Mjukis

Original monk
19-09-03, 09:33
I dont wonna give ya bad hope but i lost like 10 4slotted rares lots of cash, extremely rare chips and more of that :/ 100% fully due to a BIG FAT BUG, i described the whole thing with every possible info i could find and they only wrote a mail back: I am sorry but we cant give you anything back, you get a 100k from a GM or sumthing, that was about half a year ago now, until now i didnt see even 1 cr from any GM, nobody has ever given anything to me fo free let alone a GM. After writing a mail to say how rediculous it was that ya get 100K (that ya dont even get) fo so much priceless stuff they send me a mail back containing 1 sentence: and i quote: "Didnt we told you we dont give anything back ?" that was the response on a 4 page mail i send :/

So you can work like 5 months to get all the rares you want in 4 slot version and then cause off some PURE BUG ya loose everything in about 1 second and the helpdesk yust laughs at ya... cause they wont give anything back AGAIN cause of that small group of exploiters trying to abuse the helpdesksystem to enrich thereselves. This makes me pretty mad....