PDA

View Full Version : Power cuts, uk

Ransom
18-09-03, 03:42
Hi my neocron experience has just been interupted by a third power cut tonight, so while I must retire my computer before any permanant damage is done (or I die to a sewer rat:D ), anyone else in the UK having this problem?

Was probably all that electricity we borrowed of Canada or something...

Q`alooaith
18-09-03, 03:44
Originally posted by Ransom
Hi my neocron experience has just been interupted by a third power cut tonight, so while I must retire my computer before any permanant damage is done (or I die to a sewer rat:D ), anyone else in the UK having this problem?

Was probably all that electricity we borrowed of Canada or something...

Depends where you are in the grid, some places are having bad spots due to the weather, did you know that the power lines are desinged to be only one metre longer than the distance between the towers at -15 degree's?

Or it could be some punk kids mucking about with the local junktions..

Ransom
18-09-03, 03:49
Nr London: Underground power cables, and all the local youth population will either be lying in a gutter drunk, or arrested at this time of night.

Q`alooaith
18-09-03, 03:53
Originally posted by Ransom
Nr London: Underground power cables, and all the local youth population will either be lying in a gutter drunk, or arrested at this time of night.

duh, most power cables run underground, point is the come upto exchanges, which spread the power from the big trunk lines, into power for area's which are smaller lines, which then go down to other transformers, which bring them to street level..

or could be bad wiring in your house, gah, I hate rewiring houses, esp old ones...