PDA

View Full Version : why i canceled my account

KidWithStick
18-09-03, 02:12
well...after a few days of striaght anger/bordem/lack of fun...i stopped paying for NC.

ill just go into a few reasons why i left, so KK wont lose more people than they already have.

Fun

the fun factor dropped alot with the last's few patches. from the nerf of droprate to the locking of GR's. now not only can you hardly get tech parts, but its almost impossible to go anywhere to even attempt to get them. im all for the GRing to OP basements with no SI, but locking the GR to THE WHOLE ZONE is to much. people cant even go places to level there character anymore....so that just adds time to the leveling treadmill...which might be what you want KK, but not very many other people share your beliefes.

the nerf in tech part drop rate was just plain stupid. that alone made the fun in neocron go from, going out with a couple friends, hunting, having a good time getting techs for your new weapons/implants, and logging off for the day feeling like you accomplished somthing and had a good time, to not even wanting to bother hunting by yourself to get 1-2 techs a day. the droprate should of never went lower, and TBH this is one of the main reasons i canceled my account.

PvP

within the last month ive noticed a serious increase of PPU's. and now you cant go into pepper park to attack some people with 1-3 PPU's para spamming you and damage boosting, while there healing and buffing there friends. then the next day if you manage to go in there with just 1 PPU who casted shelter on you when you didnt even ask him to, and then the same people from yesterday saying "OMG KID YOU SUCK YOU NEED TO HAVE A PPU?"... its just lame. PvP in this game is doomed, and untill they remove holy paralysis, it will never be like it used to be. FFS you might as well let everyone use freezer pistols and cannons like before to be able to match up to a PPU's paraylsis.

another thing is the need for rares in PvP, and the fact that people still call them rare for some reason, when some people have over 20 completely built rares in there APT's...YEA THATS SO FUCKIN RARE AINT IT. this is antoher reason why the drop rate needs to be raised ALOT, since everyone has to PvP with a rare, they are not rare...and are required. so dont make it so hard to get them for people like me who hate asking my clan to just give me CS parts for nothing.

KK's LACK OF INVOVLMENT/COMMUNICATION

ok, now ill admit, they WERE getting better at these things for a short time, but now its gone back to how it was before. comeplete shit. the only people who keep the community informed on upcoming things are fucking volunteers FFS. and TBH, its taking WAY to long for simple fixes to come out. i dont give a fuck if they only have 3 dev's and are working around the clock on DOY...its only an expansion...not a whole new fucking game, it does not take this long. planetside's core combat expansion will be out before DoY, and KK has been working on DoY for litterially 5 months more. now i know that SOE probably has more dev's but still...its not like you gotta remake the engine and everything.

KK, if you need more help with thnings, just fucking ask for help from the community...ask for people who can volunteer there free time to help out this game. dont just sit there and assume that the NC community doesnt know anything...alot of people here have worked on dex teams to produce games and everything...plus did you see that post a few days back of what that other company did with that space game? they released the source of everything to the community, and let them make updates to it on there own free time, did you not see how much better the graphics and everything got?

another thing are the bugs, bugs that have been in the game since release of retail. things like syncing and FRE's. things that need to be fixed ASAP if you expect new players to stick around for more than 5 days.

theres more things i wanna say, but my fingers are a little sore:p

ill be back...i can gaurantee that... but FFS KK i cant say that for the already 1000's of people who left us.

i still got a few days left on the account, so ill still be poping in every now and then...

and BTW mods, this isnt so much as a 'im leaving thread' as it is a 'helping KK' thread. so dont close this...i would like enough KK employees to read this...let the devs read it...hell...i would like for MJS himself to read this.

Alex Mars
18-09-03, 02:30
counting down...

KidWithStick
18-09-03, 02:34
Originally posted by Alex Mars
counting down...

And ill be counting down for the time it takes a mod to ban you for your oversized sig. stop being a smart ass.

sparrowtm
18-09-03, 02:34
Originally posted by KidWithStick
And ill be counting down for the time it takes a mod to ban you for your oversized sig. stop being a smart ass.

pwn3d.

Goodbye, you. You'll be back :)

Sleawer
18-09-03, 02:36
I'm not sure if this will be closed, but if the thread was directed at me as dev team.. I would read it carefully.

These are the thoughts of a normal customer of KK, which eventually is unhappy with the whole product; and the best... he is explaining it in a very detailed form, without flames, with respect, and remarking that he would like to stay.

Awesome thread Kid, I am sure you feel all of this.

KidWithStick
18-09-03, 02:38
Originally posted by Sleawer
I'm not sure if this will be closed, but if the thread was directed at me as dev team.. I would read it carefully.

These are the thoughts of a normal customer of KK, which eventually is unhappy with the whole product; and the best... he is explaining it in a very detailed form, without flames, with respect, and remarking that he would like to stay.

Awesome thread Kid, I am sure you feel all of this.

thanks... and if you want you guys can vote 5 stars so they might notice the thread a lil better

Mankind
18-09-03, 02:53
U'll be back...

They always come back.

Marx
18-09-03, 02:53
w3rd.

5 stars.

Vash th3 Flash
18-09-03, 02:59
The only reason why people complain about the current drop rate is because it was way too high, and now it's at what it should be people don't like the challenge.

KidWithStick
18-09-03, 03:00
Originally posted by Vash th3 Flash
The only reason why people complain about the current drop rate is because it was way too high, and now it's at what it should be people don't like the challenge.

dont get me started again please:mad:

JiNxY
18-09-03, 03:03
i also hope this was sent to them as an email.

Am i right in understanding that when you cancel they ask you for a reason to help them see where they are going wrong?

Marx
18-09-03, 03:04
The rate before was perfect for those that weren't professional* game players.

Because theres such a vast difference between rares and non-rare weapons, and because its the only logical step up, no one can honestly say "rares are supposed to be rare".

*professional game player = someone who plays more than 2 hours daily.

Gotterdammerung
18-09-03, 03:14
We are sorry to see you go, and we look forward to your return. Good luck in future endeavours.

If anyone would like to wish kid a good-bye, please feel free to PM or e-mail him.