PDA

View Full Version : Fix the god dam ATI problem !!!

Brute Forced
17-09-03, 21:55
I have played long now and there have been alot of threads about Neocron dont support ATI cards at all... This makes my fps and grafic go crazy and i think KK should get there keyboards out of there as and start making Neocron ATI compatible...

Helen Angilley
17-09-03, 21:57
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

Hippieman
17-09-03, 22:04
Either deal with it or buy a nVidia card. By the way you know they only have a few people(think only 3) that can fix those sorts of problems? Those guys are already overloaded with current bugs and exploits and the upcoming DoY expansion coming out soon(TM)

Brute Forced
17-09-03, 22:06
1. ATI's cards are better than nVidias
2. They should fix all the bug's before letting in a new bug paradise

SuperGonser
17-09-03, 22:06
I agree with Brute. And Hippie i rather have a built in gfx card then a nvidia.

Dribble Joy
17-09-03, 22:10
Ive run NC on 2 different ati cards, (rage 128 pro and my current card a radeon 9500 pro) and have not come across any of the majour bugs people seem to be having with them.

Sokaris
17-09-03, 22:16
i run an ati radeon 8500 and i run into where the screen goess full one colour if i shift a certain way or sit in the hover cab.

I've never seen a problem like that with any other game i run.

And I would buy an ati over nvidia anyday..

Dribble Joy
17-09-03, 22:24
Originally posted by Sokaris
i run an ati radeon 8500 and i run into where the screen goess full one colour if i shift a certain way or sit in the hover cab.

The hover cab problem is because the 'camera' is inside the cab's model, for some reason the card doesnt make the skin transparent from the inside. (I think, anyone clarify?)
And yes it's fucking annoying

Clyde
17-09-03, 22:27
dont ride the hovercab, or just deal with it

Mantus
17-09-03, 22:29
Never really had much of a problem with ATI sept from the part where i cant see the outside world from the hovercab, which can be solved by going to external view.

Of course now i have a GeForce 4 and all the problems went away.

Dribble Joy
17-09-03, 22:31
Originally posted by Mantus
Never really had much of a problem with ATI sept from the part where i cant see the outside world from the hovercab, which can be solved by going to external view.

/me beats head on desk repeatedly.

Omnituens
17-09-03, 23:39
the hovercab problem also occurs on the voodoo 3 3000.

it also occurs when u go near OP walls and trees.

very annoying.

Shujin
17-09-03, 23:41
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
[ edited ] :lol: first time i actualy like somethin you said ;D

enablerbr
17-09-03, 23:47
well considering that this game engine relies on CPU power rather than GPU power. it doesn't matter what graphic card you think is great. :p

thewarrior008
17-09-03, 23:50
Originally posted by Sokaris

I've never seen a problem like that with any other game i run.

And I would buy an ati over nvidia anyday..
thaaaaaaaaaats my boy :p

ATI rox may it just be cuz its canadian :p

nvidia is just a propaganda company from the U.S
to deliver inteligence information from our computers to the CIA

since NVidia also helps the army officialy deliver propaganda on our screens

Marx
17-09-03, 23:51
ATI 9000 pro.

No problems for me - I have no clue what you're talking about.

BlackPrince
18-09-03, 00:00
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

Helen's right. God forbid we demand that they fix something which was mentioned and should have been corrected in Beta. Hell, wtf do you think beta is, testing time? Pfft.

Helen Angilley
18-09-03, 00:05
Originally posted by BlackPrince
Helen's right. God forbid we demand that they fix something which was mentioned and should have been corrected in Beta. Hell, wtf do you think beta is, testing time? Pfft.

Like Fatals, not everyone gets the problem.

Likewise, if it was so easy to fix they would have done it by now.

Finally, I don't see anyone (Despite every second person seeming to be some sort of "Master Programmer/Seven years in the game industry/Whatever") signing up to become one of KK's coders.

enablerbr
18-09-03, 00:07
Helen Angilley maybe something to do with not getting paid perhaps.:p

Helen Angilley
18-09-03, 00:08
Originally posted by enablerbr
Helen Angilley maybe something to do with not getting paid perhaps.:p

Then why are the people I mentioned usually the first ones to start spouting how "easy" these things are to fix?

BlackPrince
18-09-03, 00:10
I'd be willing to bet you that none of KKs inhouse computers that they Alpha'd Neo on used Radeon cards, and having many Radeon users in my clan who all had this problem, i can tell you it is wide spread and easy to duplicate. Seems any of the older mid range Radeons suffer the worst from this problem, while the newer 9800 Pro's don't have it quite as often.

Vampire222
18-09-03, 00:19
Then why are the people I mentioned usually the first ones to start spouting how "easy" these things are to fix?

things become really easy, if you get paid a lot to do em. gotta love nidhogg: [ edited for violation of the forum rules - trolling ]

Shadow Dancer
18-09-03, 00:35

Finally, I don't see anyone (Despite every second person seeming to be some sort of "Master Programmer/Seven years in the game industry/Whatever") signing up to become one of KK's coders.

lmao that's right Helen. You're totally right.

rob444
18-09-03, 01:56
I dont think Reakktor is responsible for the ATI bug.
Reakktor is using Genesis3D (I think it was called that) and that engine is not made by Reakktor, blaim the guys that have made the Genesis3D engine for the unsupported ATI texture functions.

Seezur001
18-09-03, 03:01
Originally posted by BlackPrince
I'd be willing to bet you that none of KKs inhouse computers that they Alpha'd Neo on used Radeon cards, and having many Radeon users in my clan who all had this problem, i can tell you it is wide spread and easy to duplicate. Seems any of the older mid range Radeons suffer the worst from this problem, while the newer 9800 Pro's don't have it quite as often.

your probably right, I played during beta on a ATI 7000 and the problems were there, now i have a radeon 9600 pro, still have the problem. I put in a nvidia G4 mx440(which sucked btw) and the problems werent there.

Just seems like they should have made sure one of the most popular cards on the market would have worked with their product.

Marx
18-09-03, 03:06
2 comps, ATI 9000 pro.

ATI 7000 like my man above me.

No problems, either comp.

8|

Shadow Dancer
18-09-03, 03:07
I have ati 7000. The only time I see graphical glitches is when a ppu casts soul cluster.

Then everything starts messing up. But that rarely happens so I don't care.

Mankind
18-09-03, 03:15
I own an ATI 9000 Pro built into my PC. I've had problems but I found a way to get rid of some.

-Update to the latest official drivers (Or to the most updated Omega drivers which I recommend)

-Set dynamic lights all the way to 100%
-Set sky to 'Medium'

For some reason doing the last 2 things got rid of lighting problems and other small things.

Bugs I still have but which are liveable:

If something/someone is behind for some reason they will cover your screen, even though they are behind you. Example is the subway car. You can't see anything while inside it.

Another thing is when I alt+tab I get texture bugs but if I re-alt+tab it fixes them.

Hope I was of some help, but I know ATI isn't the best card for Neocron but it's so much better for other games than Nvidia cards because I've had a computer with both cards and love the ATI 100x better :)