PDA

View Full Version : [HEAVYPORKERS IDEA] remove cityterminals from plaza to disperse population

Benjie
17-09-03, 14:15
Okay so not entirely HeavyPorkers idea. He posted this in another thread and It had to see the light of day, but I've added something that I think would be cool aswell.

[Heavyporkers Bit]
I think that the terminals in Plaza One by the lampposts should be removed. Then maybe people would spread out a bit in that sector. Hell, all terminals at sidewalk level in the plaza sectors should be removed, making people go to the higher-up places to use the public terminals (after one or two have been put there if there isn't any. Plaza One, Two, Four have plenty of terminals in high-up locations. Plaza Three stays the same, though, I LOVE those two little spots with the three terminals installed on the columns, very lovely). Reasoning for this would be to preserve the terminals from vandals and such. (Copy and Paste)

[My bit Bit]
I think it would be good if the restaraunts and bars had terminals in them. I would love to walk into a sushi bar and, just for once, see them filled with runners typing on laptops attached to the tables. Very moody and roleplay in my opinion. Would still disperse the population without being too annoying.

[edit]
Sorry damn. Forgot to put a no option. =/

Richard Slade
17-09-03, 14:22
Wouldn't work.. Simple as that. Why?
1)The whole plaza1 grouping (read:market) would simply move to another spot where there's a gr, citycom and a gogo close (plaza 2 for example)
OR
2)No one would care and just go to the citycoms when needed

The market will NOT spread out, it's just the way it is.

Benjie
17-09-03, 14:26
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Wouldn't work.. Simple as that. Why?
1)The whole plaza1 grouping (read:market) would simply move to another spot where there's a gr, citycom and a gogo close (plaza 2 for example)
OR
2)No one would care and just go to the citycoms when needed

The market will NOT spread out, it's just the way it is.
No I disagree. There is no Krytens in plaza 1 so there would still be some people who hang around there. Some people would hang around in plaza 2. Constructors and salespeople would hang around in plaza 1 also because it is very centeral.

switchback
17-09-03, 14:26
i think the whole idea of a market is to be together and not be spread out. Does it really matter where everyone comes together. Frankly i couldnt care. The reason i go to plasa is because its easy to click on my GR list and because it is habbit. I think it would be very hard to change the habbit on thousands of people.

I dont see why you have aq problem with people meeting in plaza 1. its just a place

REMUS
17-09-03, 14:27
its just a good open space where everyone can meet plus it has easy access to all other nc zones, its smack bang right in the middle.

plaza 1 will break up once doy arrives (plz no more doy is gonna take ages jokes ive had a skin full :( ) becuase anti city clans will have to find a new place to commune

Benjie
17-09-03, 14:28
Originally posted by switchback
i think the whole idea of a market is to be together and not be spread out. Does it really matter where everyone comes together. Frankly i couldnt care. The reason i go to plasa is because its easy to click on my GR list and because it is habbit. I think it would be very hard to change the habbit on thousands of people.

I dont see why you have aq problem with people meeting in plaza 1. its just a place
I agree in real life it should be all together, but Neocron has a limited player base, so if everyone is in plaza 1 then the rest of the city is dead. Not to mention the lag some people with raedons get around plaza 1.

ericdraven
17-09-03, 14:31
While you're at it - remove all mobs and the cave from CRP.. there are too many players around, which leaves the other zones very empty.

switchback
17-09-03, 14:33
i agree with the lag. but is it really worth mentioning that some parts of neocron dont have anyone in them, yes its a waste of space but so what.

how about they make the whole of plaza anarchy zoned and make everyone go to via rozo for a day, just to cheer you up

Benjie
17-09-03, 14:36
After playing neocron a long time I have heard a lot of complaints about everybody, no wait EVERYBODY hanging around plaza 1.

Neocron is City, but at the moment you could fit it into a house. :(

switchback
17-09-03, 14:37
Neocron is City, but at the moment you could fit it into a house.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Omni X
17-09-03, 15:35
I never understood why people always want to spread people out in these games. This is a MMORPG. People are meant to gather. That is part of the appeal for me. I can stay away from people by playing an offline single player game.

Lots of people gathering in a single place, for whatever reason is a part of these type games.

dSerk
17-09-03, 15:48
Originally posted by Omni X
I never understood why people always want to spread people out in these games. This is a MMORPG. People are meant to gather. That is part of the appeal for me. I can stay away from people by playing an offline single player game.

Lots of people gathering in a single place, for whatever reason is a part of these type games. Tru'dat, tru'dat. I agree. I like knowing that I can go down to Plaza One and find people for whatever reason.

What might encourage people to spread out more would be a CopBot Zone in places outside Neocron propper, e.g., a safe zone in TG or MB.

Plaza isn't popular just because it's safe. You got a GR, a gogo, CityCom Terminals, Cryton's, Yakarma, Yo's and an A&W all in the same place; it's very convenient.

Perhaps there will be an area similar to Plaza One in the Dome of York city area....

MjukisDjur
17-09-03, 15:54
I think someone should setup a poll to remove Benjie (standard kk quick solution) :)

Omni X
17-09-03, 16:36
To add to my original post. I learned A LOT from people at Plaza One. I heard people asking for Pokes, research, repair(repair? I need to repair my stuff??? :) ) and all kinds of things, which I never heard before. I asked got answers, and it really helped my understanding and enjoyment levels. I never would have even heard about this stuff if people weren't gathered or if I were forced to goto a mission terminal, away from all of it.

Mingerroo
17-09-03, 16:40
I think, building on your laptop idea, that there should be items only usable when sitting down. This includes food and laptops. You can then sit at a table and use the item and it will appear on the table in front of you. Then the corresponding action comes up (health slowly raising as the plate of food slowly fades) or a citycom pops up as your character does the typing motion. If you get up it auto picks-up the laptop but leaves the plates of food.

Then there is a reason to sit to use things like the porta-com or eating. It makes eating cooler as well as making the laptop idea and removal of citycoms a more viable and neater idea.

I can just imagine sushi bars becoming prominent with forum traders and sushi lovers... Very cool. If I haven't explained myself well enough just say :)

Psyco Groupie
17-09-03, 16:40
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

dSerk
17-09-03, 16:58
Originally posted by switchback
how about they make the whole of plaza anarchy zoned and make everyone go to via rozo for a day, just to cheer you up This is a good idea. I'd love to see the Safe Areas turn into Anarchy Zones (or Warzones, even better) just to "spice things up" for a bit. Definitely would spread people out! TERRORIST ATTACK! SCATTER!

If player's could temporarily "disable" (*COUGH* hacknet *COUGH*) copbot zones, that would add ALOT of excitement to the usually quiet safe-zones.

@Psyco Groupie, um, there wasn't any content in your post "[ edited ]" I think you are gonna take a 3-day break ;)