PDA

View Full Version : changed name of thread- discussing stuff

Shujin
17-09-03, 06:46
serious question though

;D thats kinda messed up..., where in the rules is that ;P

btw, what happens if a thread someone links to isnt closed at the time they linked it, is it agaisnt rules then?

and if i link this thread to itself, what happends when u close this thread, will it be closed for linking to a closed thread or for no point?

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75724

(i jus read rules again, and it says its bannable to argue on an arguement started on a closed thread, plz take in mind this is not continueing a arguement on a closed thread, but instead a new arguement )

im just wonderin where are the rules you are looking at because ive read the forum rules alot, trust me ive read them alot alot o.o

MrBane
17-09-03, 06:48
I'm going to make a constructive observation here:

You don't deserve to be on these Forums.

Accept that you are wrong, that you are a Spammer, and that you are wasting everyones time, with crap that I wouldn't even waste my toilet water on.

Shujin
17-09-03, 06:49
im jus askin a question ;|
im not tryin to flame him or nothin

ps NDF > NEMA

QuantumDelta
17-09-03, 06:50
In this forum, there is only one rule that will always stand.

Mods > All.

Their decision is final.

Basically, they'll close a thread, if someone opens it, and continues it, and a mod does not see a remarkably constructive addition to the thread, or something that has purpose in general, it will be closed.

MrBane
17-09-03, 06:50
Honest question though...

You know these Forums are full of spam, you know that in some ways, it makes it a poorer environment..

So why don't you just accept that the Mod has made his decision for whatever reason, and not question it? The world will not explode if a Mod locks a thread, but it may stop some serious insults or flames being put across in that thread.

See my point?

Shujin
17-09-03, 06:51
but still theres forum rules, they should obey them to shouldnt they

Originally posted by MrBane
Honest question though...

You know these Forums are full of spam, you know that in some ways, it makes it a poorer environment..

So why don't you just accept that the Mod has made his decision for whatever reason, and not question it? The world will not explode if a Mod locks a thread, but it may stop some serious insults or flames being put across in that thread.

See my point?

yea so it also may stop from good ideas from comin thru, it may stop alot, but it also may not

QuantumDelta
17-09-03, 06:52
Call it "Moderators Perogative" :p

....and yes I edited that four times...

Moderators will most likely leave constructive, well thought out additions in hopes to continue debates in a civilised fashion open, however, if it doesn't look like the prime example of a "good post" something which is linked to an already closed topic is already, subject to close in a moderators mind.

Carry Over Threads, at least half of the time (I'm being generous), still continue on into flames or pointlessness which is what they were closed for in the first place.

....From My moderator experience on another forum.

Benjie
17-09-03, 06:52
I'm going to make a constructive observation here:

You don't deserve to be on these Forums.

Accept that you are wrong, that you are a Spammer, and that you are wasting everyones time, with crap that I wouldn't even waste my toilet water on.
Not what I would call constructive. Shujun contributes a hella lot more to this forum than you do. Go to NC modifications to see what I mean. And I agree with him, although he should take it directly to the mods imo. (like i did)

Shujin
17-09-03, 06:53
i guess were jus not used to teh new guys ;P
specially gungir sinces hes the one closin almost everythin >.<

but we wouldnt even doubt nid, we'd b like ;0 hes right..

MrBane
17-09-03, 06:53
No, they shouldn't.

They are above the Forum Rules, in that they have the powers at any time, to expand upon those Rules.

The whole nature of their position, is that at any time, they can deem a subject, topic, post or thread, to be unacceptable, and thus use their powers to remove, delete or close down that thread or post.

The Rules are a basic guideline for Conduct and Behaviour, but not the stone-set rules.

It's like Breach of the Peace, that's the Police cop-out for when there isn't a rule that says you cannot wear a traffic cone on your head whilst running down the street in a skirt, they class it as Breach so they can detain you.

So the Mods use their own powers to the same extent.

Shujun contributes a hella lot more to this forum than you do

How much he contributes is not in question here.. What is in question, is his attitude in the last ten minutes. I could comment on your Polls and Posts that are as pointless as this one. No-ones perfect, but we should all know when just to accept whatever decision has been made.

Shujin
17-09-03, 06:54
No, they shouldn't.

They are above the Forum Rules, in that they have the powers at any time, to expand upon those Rules.

The whole nature of their position, is that at any time, they can deem a subject, topic, post or thread, to be unacceptable, and thus use their powers to remove, delete or close down that thread or post.

The Rules are a basic guideline for Conduct and Behaviour, but not the stone-set rules.

It's like Breach of the Peace, that's the Police cop-out for when there isn't a rule that says you cannot wear a traffic cone on your head whilst running down the street in a skirt, they class it as Breach so they can detain you.

So the Mods use their own powers to the same extent.

so your sayin a policemen shouldnt have to follow the law, if he wanted to he could smack the shit out of u for no reason and then say, ay, im above the law

MrBane
17-09-03, 06:56
if he wanted to he could smack the shit out of u for no reason and then say, ay, im above the law

I think you'll find they already do. :D

Moderators can change and alter the Rules at any time, (Well, Globals at least, take that as the example), so in the situation where you can change the Rules, you are above the Rules.

QuantumDelta
17-09-03, 06:57
Bad comparison.
Moderators are employed by the OWNERS of this forum to maintain the fragile community.
This is the kind of behaviour my thread (warning) actually encompasses.

In this place;
You have no rights.
You have no freedom of speech.
You have no cards.

All you have, is to win the oppinion of the moderator in regards to each thread at a time.

Being a long term poster with a low-profile record will earn you credit, but even that, can only go so far.

Get it?

Shujin
17-09-03, 06:57
I think you'll find they already do. :D

Moderators can change and alter the Rules at any time, (Well, Globals at least, take that as the example), so in the situation where you can change the Rules, you are above the Rules.

not meaning to flame where ur from or anythin, but
maybe in scotland but not where i live... maybe shoot u but never slap u around ;D

Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Bad comparison.
Moderators are employed by the OWNERS of this forum to maintain the fragile community.
This is the kind of behaviour my thread (warning) actually encompasses.

In this place;
You have no rights.
You have no freedom of speech.
You have no cards.

All you have, is to win the oppinion of the moderator in regards to each thread at a time.

Being a long term poster with a low-profile record will earn you credit, but even that, can only go so far.

Get it?
far to sexy for your own good ;o

StoneRayne
17-09-03, 06:59
Ugh..they're not the Police. They're CopBots. have you ever tried to reason with them? What was the result?

Hint:
you=owned

MrBane
I still compare back to the days when I ran the Forums at my old website, with over 10,000 Registered Members. We ran such a tight ship, and there was 0% spam or flames. Compared to the Official Forum for the game, which was just a mess, with 200x200 pictures of penises and god knows what else.

Reakktor are under no obligations to provide this Forum. It's a 'free gift' of buying Neocron, is that you have communal access to the Forums to communicate with other Members.

At any time, Reakktor could pull the plug, and we could do nothing to stop it, nor have no foundations for complaints

Benjie
This aint no amature forum. It's part of a commecrial buisness.

I agree with Shujin. I know MrBain dousn't. QD where do u stand?

Shujin
17-09-03, 07:01
I still compare back to the days when I ran the Forums at my old website, with over 10,000 Registered Members. We ran such a tight ship, and there was 0% spam or flames. Compared to the Official Forum for the game, which was just a mess, with 200x200 pictures of penises and god knows what else.

Reakktor are under no obligations to provide this Forum. It's a 'free gift' of buying Neocron, is that you have communal access to the Forums to communicate with other Members.

At any time, Reakktor could pull the plug, and we could do nothing to stop it, nor have no foundations for complaints
*trys to throw the description of the forum in*
"and other off topic stuff."
we can talk about wtf we want, but it has to be to a point

MrBane
17-09-03, 07:01
It's part of a commecrial buisness.

No it's not.

It's a side-product, which has no commercial links to the game, except for the authentication process involved in allowing you full access to the Forums.

As I said, they can remove it at any time, because it is not part of the game, and not part of the service we are paying for.
Someone said this happened in another MMPORPG, where the Company simply gave up and left the Community to kill itself.

What game was that?

"and other off topic stuff."

I'm noticing that the German Forums don't say that.. Wondering if there is much of a difference in the policing involved of the two Forums. I'm currently looking at the rate of locked threads between the two to get a rough comparison, seeing as I don't speak German and thus can't judge by topic titles.

Shujin
17-09-03, 07:02

It's a side-product, which has no commercial links to the game, except for the authentication process involved in allowing you full access to the Forums.
that is wierd there is no links but still who owns this forum and the rights to make and unmake mods / accounts to this forum?
mjs

QuantumDelta
17-09-03, 07:06
As I said, having been a moderator on three forums, I will typically back any major forums moderator.
Since they are typically hand picked for the job, they are normally people who do their job well.
In this/these cases, I back the Moderators, why? - I don't need to see a million new topcs everyday, when they're all spam.
Even if they weren't closed, spam topics are just a waste of forum space, especially when you consider this forum is already somewhat full in the database department ( I think they fixed that but wtf.....).

I can't actually remember any closes that I felt were wrongly closed, at least, none in recent history or important enough to be worth memory.

I remember being annoyed sometimes at not getting in a final rebuttle before a close, however, normally you can predict when a post is going to die.
I'm pretty suprised this one has not died yet, but, since it has become a fairly civilised debate, it seems okay.....
heh.
bleh.
I will typically back moderators.
Like I said, but the same as moderators, almost everything, is handled on a case by case basis.

MrBane
17-09-03, 07:06
The closest I've seen this Forum come to linking to Neocron.com is with regards to NeMa and the weekly 'cron's. That's about it, to my knowledge. There is no official static link back to Neocron.com

Or if there is, damned if I can find it.

Does MJS own it? Who knows? Who has the right to make / unmake? Forseti, Odin, maybe Nid... You tend to find the CEO wont have such priviliges. Why? It's below him and he doesn't need it, as he'll never use it. So you could very well find there is no link at all to MJS asides from his Forum Posters Account. On that same note, this could very well just be a fan-Forum, because as you've seen, there is no real link between the two.
You don't buy the Neocron game and inside it says:

"As well as access to the game, you also have access to the Forums."

(Or does it?! *Laughs*)

So again

Shujin
17-09-03, 07:09
The closest I've seen this Forum come to linking to Neocron.com is with regards to NeMa and the weekly 'cron's. That's about it, to my knowledge. There is no official static link back to Neocron.com

Or if there is, damned if I can find it.

Does MJS own it? Who knows? Who has the right to make / unmake? Forseti, Odin, maybe Nid... You tend to find the CEO wont have such priviliges. Why? It's below him and he doesn't need it, as he'll never use it. So you could very well find there is no link at all to MJS asides from his Forum Posters Account. On that same note, this could very well just be a fan-Forum, because as you've seen, there is no real link between the two.
You don't buy the Neocron game and inside it says:

"As well as access to the game, you also have access to the Forums."

(Or does it?! *Laughs*)

So again

mjs is on the forum every day.
ive pm'd him almost every day and recieved answers every day.
he does use it.

proof he uses it?
neocron modification forum.
idea i proposed. he read it. he liked it. he made it

MrBane
17-09-03, 07:11
Where did I ask for proof he's on here?
I've chatted about girls and, uh, girls, with him. I know he's here.
I didn't ask for that. :D

He made it

To be honest, I'd be surprised if he didn't:

1: Put the idea to the Lead Moderators
2: Let them thrash the idea out
3: Remove himself from the process 100%
4: One of the Lead Moderators creates the board and the rules

However, as the first post is his, it looks like it was him that put the Board up. Which as I said, I would find odd.
He might be CEO, but the rule of thumb, is generally, let the guys that run the section, deal with it 100%, and the boss only has input options.

Shujin
17-09-03, 07:13
Who has the right to make / unmake? Forseti, Odin, maybe Nid... You tend to find the CEO wont have such priviliges. Why? It's below him and he doesn't need it, as he'll never use it.

(Or does it?! *Laughs*)

So again

who has power to make?

who made the neocron modification forum?

i was there the very second it was made MJS made it and was the only mod on there for 2-3 days.

MrBane
17-09-03, 07:15
As I say, if that was the case, then that surprises me, alot.

There would be every chance in that situation, that your Lead Moderator would log on, see the new board..

" What the fuck? Why wasn't I consulted on this?"

It creates a lot of bad tension to leave main players out of the loop, not something I'd consider doing if I wanted to keep the atmosphere good.

Shujin
17-09-03, 07:18
As I say, if that was the case, then that surprises me, alot.

There would be every chance in that situation, that your Lead Moderator would log on, see the new board..

" What the fuck? Why wasn't I consulted on this?"

It creates a lot of bad tension to leave main players out of the loop, not something I'd consider doing if I wanted to keep the atmosphere good. well it took him 20 mins to make it. maybe less.

he mighta called odin or somethin or maybe odin just happend to be on at the same time

MrBane
17-09-03, 07:19
Ah well, I've said all I have to say.. So we'll agree to disagree forevermore.

G'night mate.

Cass
17-09-03, 07:37
I got bitched out for posting in a thread that MJS himself posted a link to. Aparently the thread was too old, but not closed. :rolleyes:

Shujin
17-09-03, 07:37
hah watch out teh baninator will get cha ;D http://www.satanslaw.co.uk/upload/files/banmastah.jpg

i wub nid ;] hope he dont take offense

Gotterdammerung
17-09-03, 08:10
These links should provide closure to many of you who have questions regarding forum rules.

Forum Rules of Conduct (http://neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NeoContent&file=index&pageID=23)

Additional Rules of Conduct (http://neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=27#forumrules)

These links should easily answer any questions you may have