PDA

View Full Version : [idea] Remake the OP undergrounds, and change the vendors.

Marx
17-09-03, 05:42
I'm not saying make this take precedence, because I know the staffers are already spread thin and working miracles.

Anyway, here's my ideas.

Point 1.

Make the underground sections appear more like they're used to do the jobs at hand instead of relaxation areas.

Labs should be more than just the hallways with centrifuges visable from the walkway.

Perhaps a sterile looking enviroment - lots of segments and tables, etc.

http://ncem.lbl.gov/images/ion-mill-lab.jpg

Factory undergrounds should look more like some of the storage areas in the industrial sectors imo.

http://www.neocroncentral.net/images/gallery/albums/outzone/exclusive014.sized.jpg

fortress base undergrounds should look like Point Red during the event there many moons ago. Lots of ordinance lying around, etc.

(can't find a picture, if someone can post one if they have?)

Can't really complain much about mines.

Can't really complain about uplinks.

Point 2.

Vendors at the above stated places should sell stuff pertaining to them.

Labs should sell research equipment, lubricants, implants, etc.

Factories should sell parts, lube, etc. As well as weapons armor, etc... its a factory after all.

Fortresses should sell ammo - maybe weapons.

Mines should sell bulk junk - only bulk junk.

Uplinks should sell hacking equipment, spy tools, etc.

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 06:00
Actually, brilliant, Marx! But, some addenums...

There still need to be the meeting places there... perhaps the more useful areas would be farther back, more "private" in a sense, and the OP bonus would only apply to those more specific areas, so people would actually HAVE to go over there to the proper rooms, but people still have the lovely and comfortable areas to meet.

Uplink undergroundss seriously need a overhaul - There should be "hacker decks" like in that concept art picture of the hacker - they could be way back in the UG... There'd be like 2 or 3 rooms of 2 hacker setup desks in each. The hacker setup desk would have 3 cityterms facing the seat. Gives everything a seriously RP feel.

Factory UGs really should have "workshop" rooms in the back, heavy tables with moving equipment scattered about "(like chains, trolleys, hydraulic stuff, things hanging from the ceiling, etc)

Mine UGs need some spots WITHOUT those darned vermin crawling around, they'd be the working areas for recyclers and salvagers (PUT GOGOS IN THE MINE UGs BY THE WORKROOMS DAMMIT) where they won't be bothered by the vermin.

I love the fortress undergrounds, but yes, I admit that some ammo, equipment, armor and weapon boxes should be put around the area. Heh, yes, they'd be hackable by non-OP owners. They could take place of some of the crates already in fortress UGs... Yeah, put a couple missle racks down there, maybe in the larger rooms, pointing at the doors.

Benjie
17-09-03, 06:13
Great! Marx your on a roll. :)

@ idea 2. It would only make sence for outposts to sell stuff much cheaper than in the shops. I think it would be quite cool if some items cost less from outposts. But only if there outposts specific like you said.

I absolutely love your ideas actually for underground sectors. Although idea 1 should deffinetly be put on standby for a good while.
:)

Marx
17-09-03, 06:13
where would I be without you Heavyporker?

Nowhere thats where.

;)

I agree with you 100%

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 10:55
*blushes*

You give me far too much credit. You're doing great.

Kasumi
17-09-03, 10:59
wow.. the old RPOS.. now i can finally try and make it -_-*

\\Fényx//
17-09-03, 11:03
One problem with that porker is turrets, what if the owning clan are biatches, nobody else could get the bonus, because getting in there would generally mean instant death to a tradeskill spy :p

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 11:13
Uhh....

Don't they already turret the topside, and most likely the UG entrances as well? So what difference does it make if they turret specific rooms?

Marx
17-09-03, 17:05
because getting in there would generally mean instant death to a tradeskill spy

Just means you have to have good relations with the clan at hand. Ask them to change their security settings, if they trust/like you, they will.

Wannabe
17-09-03, 17:19
Is that Beta 1 or Beta 2 RPOS shot?

Anyway, the OP undergrounds should be touched up. The mine ops really should look underground more like mines.. not abandoned places. Not sure of fortresses cause haven't been UG there.

// Wannabe

QuantumDelta
17-09-03, 18:36
All ops should really still sell ammo though... :P
Agreeing with all the other points made.

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 18:52
Shit, wannabe... NOW you hit it on the head...

I agree, Mine OPs should be more like mines... I got this brilliant idea...

Keep the front rooms - they have the vermin spawns removed.

Put in long, aimless tunnels with shorings and rockpiles, and put the mob spawns THERE.

Now we got clean rooms that we can work in without annoyances, but people can still level/harvest from the vermins.

PLUS you got some wicked RP stuff going on in there.

Hell, if you make the tunnels long enough and branch a few times each way, like into a network, then you could get some wicked hide 'n seek going! lol

Think of the events!