PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Park subway station.

Marx
17-09-03, 03:12
Well, now that the PP subway has the gogo and computar-thingys, I was thinking perhaps you can make that damned Yo's vendor sell lube and stuff.

Its a safe zone where all the badasses can kick back and craft, while not loosing their image of badassedness.

:D

Today I was doing research work out of the subway station, and I actually got a fair amount of people to go down there - the only problem was running up to get lube, cubes, etc.

Seeing as that Yo's vendor does nothing else - I was thinking it might be a welcome addition...

Thoughts please.

Keiron
17-09-03, 03:15
Not a bad Idea, I'd go for it.

greendonkeyuk
17-09-03, 03:25
It would give the Ts/Bd tradeskillers (are there any?) somewhere safe to hang out too. I remember a post about a month or so back from one of the Pimp guys askin for some help to make more of an Rp environment in pp3 actually for their tradeskillers. Maybe this sort of thing would go some way to helping it.

Yeah this is a smart idea.

Benjie
17-09-03, 03:25
Anything to spread out the population! Now lets hope that both this and the OZ threads do incredibly well.

Marx
17-09-03, 03:38
If there's somplace else for non-'city' factions to go for tradeskillers that is safe and viable - guess what, you won't have non-'city' runners screwing up the storyline by relying on the city proper for support.

Benjie
17-09-03, 04:01
Originally posted by Marx
If there's somplace else for non-'city' factions to go for tradeskillers that is safe and viable - guess what, you won't have non-'city' runners screwing up the storyline by relying on the city proper for support.

But PP station is not safe for non-city runners. o_O

Marx
17-09-03, 05:14
no copbots.

no weapons drawn.

safer comparitively.

*bump*

^it's a dance^

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 05:23
That's why I want copbots put into the subway, or at least NExT subway guards with batons to kick NExT-enemy ass. City enemies better get out of the city, period. NExT doesn't tolerate trouble in its business venues.

Why does PIMPs on Pluto not even consider using the PP subway station as a gathering place? Tsunami is neutral with NExT and we're happy to service them.

PP station has plenty of benches for tourists and commuters to relax upon and there are plenty of refreshments for them to imbibe of.

Progenitor
17-09-03, 05:24
It's not a bad idea.

Especially as the anti-city faction aren't welcome in plaza anymore, this would be a good spot to set up shops.

-p

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 05:31
OMG, no, no - If anti-city wants in, they better get off to the Outzone.

NExT will not permit terrorists into its subways!

Marx
17-09-03, 05:45
ANTI-CITY = ANTI CITY ADMIN.

I'm crahn and we get along with Next just fine.

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 05:50
That may be but what about the DOY-ites and the TGs?! NExT will not tolerate them in the subways!

Crahn followers are welcome to peruse the services of the subways, of course, provided they pay the riding fees without complaint.

Marx
17-09-03, 05:51
Well, by the time DoY-ites and such become a problem, most of those who will use the subway in the manner I suggest will be out of Neocron city, and doing their thing in the Dome of York.

:(

The Vulgarian
17-09-03, 06:04
I'd buy that for a dollar!

*sound of audience roaring with laughter*

Marx
17-09-03, 17:07
A dollar?

I want people to like the idea and get it implemented.

o_O

Ascension
17-09-03, 17:12
YEHA Put sum shops down in the subways.. PP mostly.. Make it so Peeps will actually go there instead of the zone servers counting 3 people a day:lol:

Carinth
17-09-03, 17:16
Originally posted by Heavyporker
That's why I want copbots put into the subway, or at least NExT subway guards with batons to kick NExT-enemy ass. City enemies better get out of the city, period. NExT doesn't tolerate trouble in its business venues.

Why does PIMPs on Pluto not even consider using the PP subway station as a gathering place? Tsunami is neutral with NExT and we're happy to service them.

PP station has plenty of benches for tourists and commuters to relax upon and there are plenty of refreshments for them to imbibe of.

There's no GenRep : (

If our op is under attack we need to have a genrep inzone to run too. The Venture Warp hardly makes up for it. If they added a gr then pp subway would be perfect for us to hang out in. Otherwise I'm still hangin out in plaza. Until they make zones outside of plaza/via attractive, the population will not disperse.

Ascension
17-09-03, 17:18
Give Carinth a GR in the PP subway;) No seriously Its a good thought and should be considered

Marx
17-09-03, 17:23
A GR in the PP subway would actually be rather good - You die in PP, GR back to the subway, get poked. (IF TRADESKILLERS EVER MIGRATE THERE.).

Vendors and GR in PP Subway Plz Mr. GM mans

Progenitor
17-09-03, 17:36
If the Outzone station Yo's sold weapon/implant/armor/etc. parts, outzone station would make a good location.

It has a GR, plenty of shops, easy access from outside of NC and the rest of the city via the hovercab system.

Maybe add a citycom terminal or two and it would be ideal.

-p

Marx
17-09-03, 17:38
OZ station has STORMbots, and always will because its one of the main entrances to Neocron.

It would be redundant for those that'll get shot by STORMbots to work near STORMbots.

Not to mention its not a safe zone, so no one can idle there.

El_MUERkO
17-09-03, 18:10
Good idea, might I also suggest putting a GR & Gogo in every faction HQ.

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 18:17
I would only support one GR in the Pepper Park subway station if the Pepper Park GRs aboveground were removed and one GR in the Via Rosso station if that ridiculously placed GR was removed from TT HQ.

And I won't support putting GRs in the Faction HQs, except in NExT HQ, of course, since as GRs and GOGOs are produced by NExT, we would have that perquistite.

I don't think you understand how much it costs to make and maintain GRs. Even now there are far too many GRs in the city. It's only gone on this long because CA has been subsidizing their maintenance, a massive hemmorage of tax dollars, but with the DoY war coming up, I forsee a drastic reduction in unbridled public access to GRs.

I have made my position on city GRs clear in a previous thread. The subway is there for a reason - for the public to get around in the city.

Marx
18-09-03, 04:20
Come on people, I don't want this idea to die.

Please vote - toss on 5 stars with your comments if you like, etc.

El_MUERkO
18-09-03, 12:46
GR + Gogo in your faction HQ coupled with Faction chat could mean Faction HQs would be used more. If they're used more that creates oppertunities for RP & base attacks.

I remember a great battle in the Next HQ just after epics came out and everyone found out the Next epic run was piss easy.

Progenitor
18-09-03, 14:44
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
GR + Gogo in your faction HQ coupled with Faction chat could mean Faction HQs would be used more. If they're used more that creates oppertunities for RP & base attacks.

I remember a great battle in the Next HQ just after epics came out and everyone found out the Next epic run was piss easy.

Especially if they made it so that if you GR into your own faction HQ, you don't pay the SI loss, just like if you GR to an OP you own.

-p

The Vulgarian
18-09-03, 15:17
Marx, that dollar thing was a quote from a movie. Recognize it?

BTW I voted yes. Plus I like the idea of having a GR at the PP station.

The only negative effect I can see is that traffic near the safest newbie leveling spots(on Pluto, at least) is going to increase, which will mean more newbie PKing. Not that we have so much newbies...

El_MUERkO
18-09-03, 15:25
Or newbie killing, sure you get the odd twat whos just had his ass handed to him in an op war killing people in a huff but with the SL system the way it is now most people like to save up SL so they can kill people they dont like.

deac
18-09-03, 15:42
yeap a gr would make it pp subway an ideal place for pimp to hang... and you would get a few tradeskillers there... and almost always a poker....

but untill then i guess we are stuck at pimp alley.... ie plaza3 under the A&W

Marx
19-09-03, 04:03
I want to keep people out of pimp alley, thats city-scum territory.

technically this is a bump so as this idea doesn't die like so many others