PDA

View Full Version : Neocron *FACTIONS* NO CLAN

Dead Bodies
17-09-03, 01:31
Heres a new idea u ever figure how hard it is to get in a f**kin outpost ive ben tanking bout this for a long time and have talked it over with uite a few and they have aggred with me(even GM's)
What if (WHAT IF) we eliminated all the PLAYER clans And whatever faction you wer in that was your clan so all tg would be in one clan all black dragon would be in one clan all cm would be in one clan etc etc it would make op wars much more cooler for exampe u have every TG runner going to protect your outpost that is being taken by TANGENT SCUM there would be atleast 30 to 60 people per side and you could commuincate amongst everyone SO no matter what u had a clan Everyone was in it it would eliminate all this 1 or 2 people clans and all the gr problems with having clans sut them off becasue they are assholes even to there own faction Whudda think about this do u understand? i dunno if i explaned it right GIMME SUM FEEDBACK :) k

DEAD BODIES

CkVega
17-09-03, 01:35
how would the leader be decided? Would it be the faction chairman? If yes, what powers would he have?

Dead Bodies
17-09-03, 01:39
that would be sumthign for rekktor to decide but the whole faction could have a vote and you would have to say get 70/100 percent of the votes to be elected the leader he woul have powers to start wars , command op's all the same as a regular clan woudl i duuno if clan money is a good idea but they could have a hugeeeee aparment for each faction players could decide iof they wanted to put anythign in or not it would help everyone get uber too everyone would help everyone else ?? much more concentrated groups of people... he could nto kick peole beacue that is your faction your clan

mdares
17-09-03, 01:42
1.) i doubt the game can handle 30-60 people on one side...

2.) faction spies are rampant... only way to make them useless is keep them outta clans so they cant do much.

Clothing_Option
17-09-03, 01:49
Originally posted by Dead Bodies
Heres a new idea u ever figure how hard it is to get in a f**kin outpost ive ben tanking bout this for a long time and have talked it over with uite a few and they have aggred with me(even GM's)
What if (WHAT IF) we eliminated all the PLAYER clans And whatever faction you wer in that was your clan so all tg would be in one clan all black dragon would be in one clan all cm would be in one clan etc etc it would make op wars much more cooler for exampe u have every TG runner going to protect your outpost that is being taken by TANGENT SCUM there would be atleast 30 to 60 people per side and you could commuincate amongst everyone SO no matter what u had a clan Everyone was in it it would eliminate all this 1 or 2 people clans and all the gr problems with having clans sut them off becasue they are assholes even to there own faction Whudda think about this do u understand? i dunno if i explaned it right GIMME SUM FEEDBACK :) k

DEAD BODIES

I actually proposed this idea in a TT faction meeting ( pluto) last saturday
and all the big TT clans were there and no one wanted it.
In fact i proposed it twice and no one wanted it.

QuantumDelta
17-09-03, 01:53
HELL NO.

Sorry, but =SSC= is the only reason I'm still in this game.

=SSC= is what I do in games, =SSC= is how I respect my games.
=SSC= is how I experience my games.

Get a Better Clan.
Make a Better Clan.

Until you feel a clan feeling that is something like the one that I hope SSC Generates for all it's members as much as it does myself and the other admins, I don't think it's AT ALL Fair that you could take something like that away from another group of people.

That's like saying "Get rid of political parties in all countries and form a Coalition Government in all of them!" No one would really work with it.

It doesn't work in America, it doesn't work in England.

I don't want to give up my clan.

Infact, my clan and, for a lot of other people, their clan, is one of the only things, keeping them in the game.

{MD}GeistDamnit
17-09-03, 01:59
It's basically a pain in the ass to run a clan. Especially a large 100+ clan. it's not easy like the military where you pay your people and they basically sign their life and rights over to you.You cant say in clan "hey maggot get your fucking fat ass hide to jeriko before I make you eat dirt!" and if u ditch a clan you don't allways get shot for treason :/

it's simple, people play games to have fun and enjoy themselves. the individual comes first no matter what.

SigmaDraconis
17-09-03, 02:02
Ditto, |-DarK-| is the only reason i bother logging in these days.

I'm sorry..granted crahn sect isnt so bad..but when we were FA I woulda deleted my account and busted my CD into tiny peices if i had to consider most of those people 'clan mates' .

On top of that you have...
1) See above paragraph.
2) Lack of diversity and essentually competetion.
3) Insanely difficult amounts of people to keep track of (ie. leadership positions would be for the people who have no jobs no lives no family and pay for their accounts through an inheritence, and ONLY those people.)
4) Faction bouncers/spies would be rampant
5) The impossible task of meeting the needs and demands of so many people.
6) The fact that IMO a clan is there for the members, not the other way around..in an RP environment the Runners are here to serve the faction..if clans = faction, it would oppose this core value all good, fun clans should have.

kk..bedtime now :(

Drexel
17-09-03, 02:17
Dead, get a new keyboard, I think your full-stops broken.

Dead Bodies
17-09-03, 02:47
Thats waht i wanted to hear :) everyones ideas all good points of view ... who i explaned it wouldnt necacearly be the way it would be but sumthing simalar to that Yes the ninja hackers would run rampent that is sumthing i did not configure into the equasion There does not necessarly have to be a leader it can be a npc with special *events* going on now and then like a message would come up in faction if you wer fa * Tangent has defied us for the last time they have killed tom (leaders name) son we are to take over tangent headquaters all avable men/women fight the scum* just an example it would be verry detailed :P becasue the job of leader for such a huge faction would be bottomless dispair but it would have to be all worked out perfect .. I understand the enjoyment of your own clan your own points of view but it would decrease alot of complaining and problems... more feedback please ")

greendonkeyuk
17-09-03, 02:50
dead bodies, you can do all that stuff you mentioned.

if you press f1 and go into custom menu theres an option there called FACTION CHAT. If you enable that you can talk to all the people in your faction and ask em all to come help you defend your ops etc. Give it a try mate. you might like it.

Dead Bodies
17-09-03, 02:51
i know about faction chat but no one is required to help as if they wer all one clan they still wouldnt be required but it would be worth fighting for becasue it is YOUR clan YOUR faction people dont care about it unless your in there clan

BlackDove
17-09-03, 03:01
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
HELL NO.

Sorry, but =SSC= is the only reason I'm still in this game.

=SSC= is what I do in games, =SSC= is how I respect my games.
=SSC= is how I experience my games.

Get a Better Clan.
Make a Better Clan.

Dead Bodies
17-09-03, 08:01
Well i guess it was just a few of us who liked it

Mankind
17-09-03, 09:15
nope dont like it. Specifically because of all the spies from Mercs that make TG characters and help out their merc allies against us. This would be GREAT on Pluto. But not Saturn or any other 4 man server. Pluto has the right amount of population for this in my opinion. But still don't like it for Saturn (saying that because I know I've seen you on Saturn before ;))

Drexel
17-09-03, 09:24
The reason people dont / cant help with Op defence is because we are not in Clan but same faction we Genrep at the Genrep impaired and all smart attackers guard the GR.

I have NEVER sucessfully GRed into an OP war when not in owner clan. I get pwned every time.

I would love to help any faction member defend or take an OP but fact is Vehicles suck (takes me 20 seconds to syncronise each zone change with average of 8+ zones from vehicle depot) & I cant GR in (due to Impairment).

Crest
17-09-03, 11:50
Originally posted by Dead Bodies

DEAD BODIES

What if we eliminate, ahh factions, character classes and weapon choices. Make every one have the same app's, wear the same clothes and drink 1/2 pint of milk in the mornings. Then we make sure they all buy the same PC and have the same connection speed.....

Hey does that sound right..... Or mebbe just leave everyone with choices. Not everyone wants to be accociated with assholes, or Assholes with cool guys, or Noobs.... So No Not a good idea, but at least you have one

Lucky Sparks
17-09-03, 11:52
i like it..

Smugly
17-09-03, 13:24
I'd go the other way and get rid of factions personally. I don't want to be lumped with a load of people I destest and frankly, factions mean nothing bar "who can I kill without penalty".

SigmaDraconis
17-09-03, 17:15
sMUGLY'S GOT IT..LOL damn caps..

Sokaris
17-09-03, 17:19
sorry can't say that i can even consider this a good idea.. not to be harsh or upsetting it's just there are players that aren't loyal to that faction then you have people just joining that faction and having clan status. .

they would just come in and steal and spy on things for their true faction. At least with a player clan there are ways to stop that. As well if someone doesn't agree to attack cause they have friends in the other faction and so forth..

i mean i could keep going on but i just think in total it would be a big mess trying to ever organise things.

Our player clan uses the faction chat at least i know i do. If there are guys on that i know and we could use a hand doing something we bring faction guys along all the time.

SeXy Happy
17-09-03, 19:07
Well I somewhat agree with this, mainly the part on the Factions controlling the OP's and not clans...but what if there were still clans. But the clans were just merely groups of people who could still get together, but ultimately a Faction controls an outpost. For instance, have you ever seen the movie Gangs of New York, when they were battling over the 5 points in the beginning as well as the end there was not just the Dead Rabbits fighting there were other clans coming to help them fight. So if Tangent was going to go and attempt a take over at Cycrow, whichever clan chooses to go out there could Faction chat to ask for support, then the Barnaby Clan and the Kindred clan would say yeah we're there. I think this could work out this way. Then there would be no need to do anything much but to change that the existing OP's change control over to the Faction. To keep these OP's the Factions clans would have to unite to help keep them...Seperate but equal.

•Super|\|ova•
17-09-03, 23:10
It would suck. The first thing that I came up with was the problem with FPS. It would be just a plain slideshow at OPwars. And then the clans couldnt make their own communities to make their true RP in or make named communities which sell weapons and stuff etc etc... it would just suck. Believe me.

hnlecter
17-09-03, 23:53
Big clans = the end of the game. All big clans end up failing because they recuit like mad and gets tons of idiots.

Nullifidian
18-09-03, 00:07
Originally posted by SeXy Happy
Well I somewhat agree with this, mainly the part on the Factions controlling the OP's and not clans...but what if there were still clans. But the clans were just merely groups of people who could still get together, but ultimately a Faction controls an outpost. For instance, have you ever seen the movie Gangs of New York, when they were battling over the 5 points in the beginning as well as the end there was not just the Dead Rabbits fighting there were other clans coming to help them fight. So if Tangent was going to go and attempt a take over at Cycrow, whichever clan chooses to go out there could Faction chat to ask for support, then the Barnaby Clan and the Kindred clan would say yeah we're there. I think this could work out this way. Then there would be no need to do anything much but to change that the existing OP's change control over to the Faction. To keep these OP's the Factions clans would have to unite to help keep them...Seperate but equal.

This is what I think would work a lot better as well.

OPs should be faction owned, not clan owned. As for income, the income should be given to all CLANS who are members of that faction. For example, if TG owned Jerico, every day Jerico would generate 10K of creds to every TG clan. You could even have it so only clans larger than a certain size would get the benefit. That would also prevent people from exploiting and making 1 man clans just to get more OP income.

Shadow Dancer
18-09-03, 00:37
Originally posted by Smugly
I'd go the other way and get rid of factions personally. I don't want to be lumped with a load of people I destest and frankly, factions mean nothing bar "who can I kill without penalty".

Yup, I feel the same way. Hell why do we have to be part of a faction? Why can't it be a choice to be in a faction anyways?

Dead Bodies
18-09-03, 03:19
This will never be But its nice to have ideas There are so many ways to teewk it to make it perfect woul djust have to figure out what everyone wanted .. true no player clans would creat chaos and people scheaming maby everyone would get a choice to be in the "FACTION CLAN" or a player clan or be no faction at all spice things up make it intresting........ OH uve seen me around hunh ? im sure everyone on saturn has...