PDA

View Full Version : We Want *traders Union*

Dead Bodies
17-09-03, 01:22
Whast up with the traders union in the storyline it talks about the faction and When u create a charactor it talks about them In many other laces it talks about them They are DA uberest Well if you dont like pking... *TRADERS UNION* has allies with everyone single faction in neocron and in the outskirts So if u dont like pk and just want to make and break shit thats wthe way to go and what a cool title :) So MR NEOCRON guy :D Why cant we have this *TRADERS UNION* .......

KidWithStick
17-09-03, 01:23
[Removed - Flame]
--
Gungnir

Dead Bodies
17-09-03, 01:24
I diddnt ask for your opion if they SUCK!!! i asked why cant we have the option of chosing them....

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 01:25
it's a NPC faction, all NPC's need factions, trader union is allied to all so you can trade with them without getting shot by them..

Whiety Bulger
17-09-03, 01:25
its a npc/GM faction

Dead Bodies
17-09-03, 01:26
Thast a good thought i haddent thought of that but i want to be a traders union like if i made a spy who was a cst and a res and i built tons of stuff i could be a traders union it would be my specality

KidWithStick
17-09-03, 01:28
Originally posted by Dead Bodies
I diddnt ask for your opion if they SUCK!!! i asked why cant we have the option of chosing them....

oh.

[Edited - Trolling]
--
Gungnir

KidWithStick
17-09-03, 01:29
Thast a good thought i haddent thought of that but i want to be a traders union like if i made a spy who was a cst and a res and i built tons of stuff i could be a traders union it would be my specality

this is another place where your going wrong.
[Edited - Flame]
--
Gungnir

Dead Bodies
17-09-03, 01:32
[Edited for Flaming - Gungnir] i dont have a res/cst i was using that as an example i know its a gm/npc faction but what if i want to be it too its in the story line so add it to the game !!!!

Dead Bodies
17-09-03, 02:49
It would be nice to have a fresh faction

[Warned for violation of forum rules - Double Posting]
--
Gungnir

Gungnir
17-09-03, 03:41
--
Fellas, not here.

--
Gungnir

Marx
17-09-03, 03:42
I want to be in the insects faction.

I'm at home with teh' dragonflies.

They protect me.

Benjie
17-09-03, 04:58
Originally posted by Marx
I want to be in the insects faction.

I'm at home with teh' dragonflies.

They protect me.
o_O
I like the idea of a 100% allied faction with some hardcore tradeoff. Like your allied with all mobs too so you loose soulight if you kill anything. :p

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 05:19
Actually, benjie, that idea sounds VERY interesting, but strange... how would you implement THAT sort of thing?

What I propose is this - Trader Union would be NEUTRAL to everything - like they got diplomatic immunities, and the mobs don't bother them cos the TU don't bother them/stay out of their way.

And I think I can say this sort of thing because I've been thinking about TU for a while as you can see *points to sig below*

Dead Bodies
17-09-03, 07:59
Yeah that brings up a point who are the insects i wanna know who the *insects* are i get sympth for them all the time .. yeah nutural wouldnt be a bad iead but currently they are all firneds nutral would be better:)

Mankind
17-09-03, 09:20
The Trader Union exists on Saturn!

He's a one man clan RES 175 | REP 318

Feel free to use his services when he is available :)

Al3X
17-09-03, 12:41
I really like this id, cause tradeskillers are *usually* a friend of everyone, and they arent willing to fight at all if your trading stuff all day though. i couldnt see a point of not implenting it.

switchback
17-09-03, 12:52
if you dont want to pk or be pk'd cant you just put your LE in. If however, you got a boost in your tradeskills just for being in that faction, but a loss in HC, MC, RC, PSI. Then this is a good idea. A tradeskill faction. Cant see many clans running to join though, it will be made up of mostly individuals i guess.

P.S. This is based on the theory of making the faction available, i know it is only for NPC just now.

switchback

Al3X
17-09-03, 13:47
i hate that "if you cant take it being killed put your le back in"
thats bs, a trader needs that slot for his int/dex bonus PLUS that he cant be buffed with lvl 3 constr boost with a le in
so dont talk bs
-lex

Benjie
17-09-03, 13:50
Originally posted by Al3X
i hate that "if you cant take it being killed put your le back in"
thats bs, a trader needs that slot for his int/dex bonus PLUS that he cant be buffed with lvl 3 constr boost with a le in
so dont talk bs
-lex
Also some constructers like to "roleplay".

Damn good point.

Dead Bodies
18-09-03, 03:23
maby the traders union could only have spys in it simply pure trade skill no Offensive skills are allowed... really mandkind who is name of traders union is he a GM carbonite? i know he is traders union but who else ???

Mankind
18-09-03, 03:34
There is a clan named Trader's Union on Saturn like I said before. It's not a GM that's the leader of it; my spy is the leader and again the only person in the clan. I research/repair for everyone on Saturn, enemies or allies. I would love the GMs to make a trader faction and we get discounts on stuff (kinda like barter) because we are part of that union.

Dead Bodies
19-09-03, 02:08
Bullshit yu dotn have that faction the only peopel ive seen with it is CARBONITE the gm you'r gunna have to show me

ezza
19-09-03, 02:17
Bullshit yu dotn have that faction the only peopel ive seen with it is CARBONITE the gm you'r gunna have to show me

his faction isnt trader union, its just the name of his clan

Dead Bodies
19-09-03, 02:21
ah i see wannabe bastard :P

nonamebrandeggs
19-09-03, 02:22
Traders Union is not in the game as something they never implemented, it is actually a very important mechanic of the game. The AI is based on a faction system, all of the ones you know already, plus the not so obvious ones such as Insects and Soul Light. These factions have defined Alliances and Hostilities, the Neutralities don't matter. So to tell monsters to attack runners they made the Monsters factions (Insects, Mutants, whatever Warbots etc... fall into) hostile to all factions. Sounds pretty unneeded eh? But heres where the point comes in: they made the Traders Union for the NPCs who sell stuff, and then made the Traders Union faction allied with the Monster Factions, this way the monsters are not attacking the NPCs instead of you. Another example is faction guards; they know whether to attack you or not by your faction, and the Dome of York bots (Johnny 5s :D) count as guards aswell now, which is why they don't attack DoY allied factions. Soul Light is a tricky faction because your Allied or Hostile status is defined by how high or low your Soul Light is, which is why Copbots and S.T.O.R.M Bots attack you if your Soul Light is below -16. The Faction system is starting to sounds pretty damn smart now isn't it? Especialy by our low standards for KK ;)!

Thats just AFAIK though, I could be wrong. If indeed I am right I'll be putting this in the newb forum and ask for a sticky ^_^.