PDA

View Full Version : OZ is under used, idea to make it more usefull..

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 00:26
Ok, right now everyone know that there's no need to goto outzone, plasa 1 and 2 have abandoned cellers spawning aggy capts by the truckload.. and the lower level cellers spawning gunmen and such mean there's no need to goto pepper park cellers either..

So I suggest this little fix, very easy to do too..
Remove abandoned cellers, take them all out of the game, there's no need for them as OZ and pepper park has all the things needed to level off... this would also bring some real life to pepper park and OZ, rather than making them gank zones, they'd be places where people would pass though to level and hang about.....

Title deliberate, don't want ignorant flamers jumping in and well flaming...

Benjie
17-09-03, 00:29
omg i agree 100% what is the point of an area if nobody uses it?
Plaza is a shopping mall area and not a hunting ground.

Problem is ppl are gonna vote no because of old times... :(

Cass
17-09-03, 00:46
Release DoY so that enemy factions can't use the aggy cellars.
Put the harder mobs back in the level 8 storage (remember the Warbot Titans in there?).
Make all the mobs drop something useful again.

lullysing
17-09-03, 00:47
The could leave them in, but have them made as a part of the sewer network, NOT in their current implementation.

I would never work in a counter right next to a place that has so many mutants with gatguns that even when people kill them day in, day out, they still keep on coming .

Rob01m
17-09-03, 00:50
The outzone isn't very popular right now, but I think after DoY (whenever that is) it may become a great place, especially for anti-city factions.

Plaza and Via Rosso (and Pepper Park wherever a copbot is) will be hard for anti-city factions to access. The outzone and secret passages will be the ways of getting into the city, and most likely might be great places to fight pro-city people.

I do think something should be done right now though, because DoY is too far off to wait for.

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 00:55
Originally posted by Rob01m
I do think something should be done right now though, because DoY is too far off to wait for.

DoY is not a cure all...

rember that always, unless things are yelled about being broken, or not working right, they will never get fixed.

Rob01m
17-09-03, 01:06
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
DoY is not a cure all...

rember that always, unless things are yelled about being broken, or not working right, they will never get fixed.

That's why I said something should be done now, instead of waiting for DoY to fix this particular problem (which it may if done right) the problem should be fixed now to keep us happy.

I know what you're saying, things need attention, and a megapatch very far off isn't the answer, we need answers now, not later.

Ste-X
17-09-03, 01:13
in retail we get all the stuff handed on a plate,

in beta trecking to outzone was the best :D

Style
17-09-03, 01:16
outzone was fun when it was poplaed... *g*

edi - i vote yes , this would rock :)

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 01:17
Originally posted by Ste-X
in retail we get all the stuff handed on a plate,

in beta trecking to outzone was the best :D

yea, it was cool, cause after a point, you had to make your way out of the newbi sewers in plasa, and into Pepper park sewers...

And it didn't have such loot problems because of it, they could remove the cellers and add weapon's back into the loot pool's without everyone getting rich again..

MrBane
17-09-03, 01:37
Outzones could become very, very busy, very, very soon.

Hrrrhrrrhrr...

;)

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 01:38
Originally posted by MrBane

Hrrrhrrrhrr...

;)

Or they could not be...

Hrrrrrhrrrrhrr....

simple fact is, when people don't have to leave the inner city, they don't... this idea would make people leave the inner city sooner..

ezza
17-09-03, 01:41

Hrrrhrrrhrr...

;)

bahh your doing your criptic answers again:(

MrBane
17-09-03, 01:47
Well, not that cryptic... Read the NeMa and Cronicles again.. :D

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 01:49
Well, not that cryptic... Read the NeMa and Cronicles again.. :D

awwww, the plasma pistol mute's should stay near regents, not invade the city.. it's like silly to have em come to us, they should do a few raids, but not camp OZ...

DarkPhoenix
17-09-03, 01:53
I defenitely agree with this. In beta4 I always was at the Hurler/Butchee spawn leveling, always. And their was always people there AND the old church thing, people were their too.

Ressurect the OutZone !

5 stars

ezza
17-09-03, 01:54
yeah people dont even seem to level at the hurler/butchee spawn point in OZ6(?)

back when i was a noob there was always people out there leveling

MrBane
17-09-03, 01:57
I remember walking through there doing the Tangent Mission, and 'lo and behold, there was this one guy, dilligently levelling against that Butchee. It was such a cute sight.. I tried to tell him he could go elsewhere and level faster, but he was having none of it.

It almost made me cry, it was so.. Tranquil..

He'd kill it, wait for it to respawn patiently, then kill it again.

He was there for about four hours.

What a guy..

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 02:00
them where they days, you'd have to look for stuff to kill

now it's all handed to ya on a plate..

Ste-X
17-09-03, 02:13
down with neocron..

i mean aggy sewers :)

Elvisaron
17-09-03, 02:59
I'd like to see something in the OZ other than the sparse mobs that are there. It's not worth hanging out there. It'd be cool to run across warbots or mad copbots out there.

Benjie
17-09-03, 03:04
Originally posted by Elvisaron
I'd like to see something in the OZ other than the sparse mobs that are there. It's not worth hanging out there. It'd be cool to run across warbots or mad copbots out there.

It makes sence for there to be mad copbots in the outzone.
They would leave NC and hide in the...... OZ. WTF are they in MB anyway?

KK need to take a serious look at mob spawns.

BTW I am so glad ppl are voting for this. It would also ppl walking around the city to get to places aswell. ATM the only reason ppl goto plaza 4 is if they live there. :(

Progenitor
17-09-03, 03:09
Well, you figure at some point in time, OZ8 will become a Black Dragon HQ or something along the lines - whenever they take full control of the old prison and kick the anarcy breed out.

The anarcy breed will have to go someplace - another sector of the OZ?

With OZ8 being an entrance to Neocron City and OZ9 as well, both of those will see more action as CA cracks down on rebels in Plaza and Via Rossa.

Depending on what they do with the crahn starter apts, OZ1 will see more action and OZ station will see a lot more action as well.

-p

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 04:08
Originally posted by Benjie
BTW I am so glad ppl are voting for this. It would also ppl walking around the city to get to places aswell. ATM the only reason ppl goto plaza 4 is if they live there. :(

hey, the NEXT HQ is in plasa 4, so a few people go there to do epic missions and the such..

Benjie
17-09-03, 04:12
In My humbple opinion, the entire outzone as a leveling area is much more epic than the agresser cellers ever could be.......

.......And should be.

HOWEVER!
You don't want people coming straight from the sewers into the outzone. I think that the agressors should be replaced with Beggers and Lazers.

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 04:19

HOWEVER!
You don't want people coming straight from the sewers into the outzone. I think that the agressors should be replaced with Beggers and Lazers.

no no no...

that's what pepper park is for, pepper sewer's spawn big rats, and mute's

this mean's people come from 8/8 mobs or so, to 15/15 mobs and outzone goes upto 50/50 mobs (launchers, they still spawn)..

Maybe add mad copbots to OZ, but nothing higher, gotta give people a reason to leave the city and go into the wastlands...

I'd at the same time, make all wastlands mobs higher level, or replace them with tougher mobs, this would mean non city factions would realy be hard, as they'd have the lowish ones from the level spots inside their HQ's but nothing mid level... so more teaming for non city dwellers...

Benjie
17-09-03, 04:31
Maybe add mad copbots to OZ, but nothing higher, gotta give people a reason to leave the city and go into the wastlands...

I think that one normal warbot with the current rare drop rate in the entire outzone would not harm anything.

no no no...

that's what pepper park is for, pepper sewer's spawn big rats, and mute's
Good point. It will make pepper park more packed and influence noobs to keep there law enforcer in, stopping them from getting pk'ed all the time. Personally I think the law enforcer needs a description change, ont that says "use this untill you know otherwises!!!" but not that literally.

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 04:40
Personally I think the law enforcer needs a description change, ont that says "use this untill you know otherwises!!!" but not that literally.

how's about "This chip will keep you safe from murders and thugs.... might be usefull untill you can defend yourself"

I'd not want a WB in OZ, little too high level and it'd encorage high level players to camp it.. maybe a new spawner about rank 60/60 or so, but only a 1 in 100 chance of it dropping an L rare each time you kill it, so high level's don't camp em..

Benjie
17-09-03, 04:54
I'd not want a WB in OZ, little too high level and it'd encorage high level players to camp it.. maybe a new spawner about rank 60/60 or so, but only a 1 in 100 chance of it dropping an L rare each time you kill it, so high level's don't camp em..

Much simpler sollution. Make the spawn rate for it take ages and ranomise the spawn place. :) To do that you make the 3-4 spawn points, each one lasting 6 hours or so. Actually much easier than making an entire new mob or drop rate.

how's about "This chip will keep you safe from murders and thugs.... might be usefull untill you can defend yourself"
That would be much better than the bullshit it gives you at the moment.

Sunab_Naverith
17-09-03, 05:29
There's no "Dead Animal" option to vote for....:(

btw I voted yes :p

Progenitor
17-09-03, 05:42
Well already, there are two-three spots with decent leveling spawn.

OZ4 has an excellent hurler/butchee spawn site.
OZ3 has a decent hurler/butchee spawn site - sometimes you have to move 20m to find him.
OZ2 has a roving spot for hurler/butchee, he moves to one of 3(4?) spots spread out across the zone.

The level 7/8 storages have launcher cyclopes in them.

OZ4,5 & 8 are excellent for mutant missions, although not as good as some of the undergrounds in plaza sectors.

OZ6 has an entrance to the middle of the Mainsewer and sewer rats.

There already is decent leveling MoBs in the area, just not a lot of people go there.

If you don't start out crahn and have an apt out there, it is difficult to run missions in the outzone due to lack of cityterms.

It would be nice if they had a rare shop out there someplace that only sold some items that can't be bought any other spot like the heavy belts or tank power armor. They should have put the Monk PA constructor out in the middle of the OZ someplace.

Except for the OZ8 epic NPC, the whole OZ it highly underutilizied.

-p

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 05:46
I freaking love the idea of mad copbots wandering in the deep places of OZ... why?

Because those are the ancient copbots that were assigned to keep order in the Outzone... and they tried, oh so valiantly, but over time, the seething pit of anarchy, crime, and abuse perverted the copbots, and they lost their sense of justice and order, and deep within what passes for their mind, they have lost all hope of humanity and they seek to destroy any such that passes before them..

Remove mad copbots from the MB and J zones. They do not belong there. They belong in the OZ, the last remmants of Reza's first, and last, push for law and order in the Outzone.

Anyways, no Wbs in the storage areas. That's just nuts. However, I can believe it if there were Ceres Troopers in there. Yeah, the rocket launcher toting stooges that drop grenade launchers and ancient launcher connections. Wouldn't that be great?! Teams storming the storages to take down the deadly colonels of the mutant hordes. Their loots are much more balanced than wbs and they're probably better exp. Plus, it's VASTLY more RP to have ceres troopers than WBs in OZ storage areas.

I agree about changing the abandoned cellars to spawning different mobs. Aggies and their ilk don't really belong there.
Keep the cellars though, they're rather nice spots, actually. Make them spawn rats and dogs and the occasional beggar though, that'd be better, actually, I think.

Marx
17-09-03, 05:54
Remove mad copbots from the MB and J zones. They do not belong there. They belong in the OZ, the last remmants of Reza's first, and last, push for law and order in the Outzone.

agree 100%, thats a great idea!

Personally, I think that all two-legged mobs should be outside of the citys proper limits, and inside the OZ.

Not in the industrial zone.

In the OZ. (because there should be some use to make it industrial

:D

Progenitor
17-09-03, 05:56
Originally posted by Heavyporker

Good point.

Put some mad copbots out in the outzone!

I can see some Ceres Troopers out there. But I do remember when they accidentally(?) put some Doom Harbinger's out in the outzone and everyone complained about them. Doom Harbingers aren't exactly Ceres Troopers, but deadly enough for the peeps that often travel in the OZ.

-p

Alex Mars
17-09-03, 06:07
Having crawled through the OZ a bit, I always thought it was designed more for players to fight in than it was for levelling.

Marx
17-09-03, 06:17
Yeah, I agree with that a bit.

In some places it would be hard as hell to get through solo when you're a 'younger' player and the place is full of mobs, but it forces teaming a tad if you want to go there... which is kinda cool *shrugs*

There are some amazingly cool set spawn spots which I can imagine a group of people owning with ease.

And what better space for youngins to start fighting?

:)

Benjie
17-09-03, 06:22
I think there should be less poisonouss plants in the OZ, because mid noobie runners rarely have any poison resist so that can scare them away a bit. Just a thought. (When I say less I mean less, not remove them)

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 06:23
agreed, benjie, and its easier to find plants in the plaza sewers anyway.

though it might be a bit hard for non-CA favored factions to get access to plants unless they hit the swamps.

Spoon
17-09-03, 06:52
I would love to see the OZ get some lubbing....

And I agree about the Abandoned Cellars and Basements, the Aggy's and Gunman need to be removed, as long as Citycoms are installed in the OZ...

The Abandon Cellars/Basements should have(8/8 to 15/15 mobs) Giant Rats, mutated rabid dogs and the Lazar/Beggar mobs etc.(maybe having some 20/20 mobs at the max), in them.....

I also like the idea about having Mad Copbots in the OZ, I think at the end of OZ6 would be a good place to spawn one, along with putting some Equipment, Heavy and Medium Weapon boxes there at the end of OZ6, it would give low and mid level hackers a good reason to go there.
Outzone 5 would be another good place for them to spawn, along with the occasional one in the Storage Halls.

I often feel sorry for some of the newer players that have been told how to powerlevel by going to the Aggy cellars ASAP and then going to the Wastes straight from there, they never got the chance to experience the Outzone for it's true worth, as a great place to level till your ready to head out to the Wastes....

My two cents worth....

Benjie
17-09-03, 06:57
though it might be a bit hard for non-CA favored factions to get access to plants unless they hit the swamps.
7 words (omg i turing deftones)
Link.The. Main. Sewer. To. The. Wastelands....

Just my 10 quid....

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 07:04
Cityterminals should never be placed willynilly, least of all in the OZ.

They should be put into the OZ Mall. Hells bells, THAT'S the place that anti-city shuold consider about meeting up as a neutral location in the city, aside from certain Pepper Park locations. A couple of citycoms and a gogo in the OZ Mall would vastly improve its appeal. But more needs to be done.

The Yo's merchants in the mall really need to be revamped and organized better, with perhaps some more old disheveled posters.

And wooden chairs really should be put in a few spots down there, just so it can accomodate people. Especially around the lower levels of the Mall. Ah, yes, and a flickering, static-ridden "wanted" holosign should be put on the entrance to the Mall.

Spoon
17-09-03, 07:15
Cityterminals should never be placed willynilly, least of all in the OZ.

willynilly, what's that in American english???

There's Citycoms in the Wastelands at OP's, TH, MB and TG HQ, damn near everywhere but the OZ, what's wrong with having Citycoms in the OZ?.....:wtf:
Maybe that's why the OZ is barren, it's nearly impossible to do missions there witout access to a Citycom, it's easier to go to PP or the Aggy cellars, people need a good reason to go there, that would be one.

Or did I completly misunderstand you, due to your use of the "willynilly" phase?

Benjie
17-09-03, 07:41
They shouldn't be placed Willy Nilly because Neocron is supposed to be a timesink. If Terminals are convenient then players may be able to get about 10 minuits extra leveling in per hour, and nobody wants that. :( :lol: :( :taunt: :upyours:
/sarcasm

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 08:55
Spoon. I meant willynilly as in without thought. You and benjie totally went counter to what I said.

Terminals have not been placed willynilly in the wastelands, I can tell you. They have been placed a bit incautiously in many places, I warrant you, though.

As I said, cityterms would have to be carefully and thoughtfully placed. In the Mall, for one. In "places of respite" in the OZ, where the mobs aren't as likely to have access to the them, making them safe places to stop and catch your breath.

I think that the terminals in Plaza One by the lampposts should be removed. Then maybe people would spread out a bit in that sector. Hell, all terminals at sidewalk level in the plaza sectors should be removed, making people go to the higher-up places to use the public terminals (after one or two have been put there if there isn't any. Plaza One, Two, Four have plenty of terminals in high-up locations. Plaza Three stays the same, though, I LOVE those two little spots with the three terminals installed on the columns, very lovely). Reasoning for this would be to preserve the terminals from vandals and such.

Heh, small hope.

J. Folsom
17-09-03, 13:55
I think a good way of getting the Outzone "alive" again would simply be upping the spawn rate back the to the incredible amount it was a few months ago, though this should only not be in Outzone 1, as a newbie Crahn Sect character won't have a chance against your average agressor or flamethrower mutant. Also, don't have anything spawn in the Crahn Monastery in Outzone 9, though outside the entrance was a fun place simply because of the wars between Crahn Sect guards and the mutants.

I mean, back in that time when there was that unbelievably high spawn of mutants all throughout the outzone, I could actually get better experience there then anywhere else at midlevels, and surviving there was actually pretty challenging and hectic. Was some of the most fun I had in PvM, taking on the whole insane mutant population of the OutZone alone.

ezza
17-09-03, 14:13
but the harbingers back in the OZ:D

Progenitor
17-09-03, 14:42
Originally posted by Spoon
I also like the idea about having Mad Copbots in the OZ, I think at the end of OZ6 would be a good place to spawn one, along with putting some Equipment, Heavy and Medium Weapon boxes there at the end of OZ6, it would give low and mid level hackers a good reason to go there.
Outzone 5 would be another good place for them to spawn, along with the occasional one in the Storage Halls.

At one time, (Nov, Decemberish), the zone border between OZ6 & OZ7 contained nothing but stacks of hackboxes, of all kinds. Maybe 7 to 10 of them.

I don't know if they are still there or not.

-p

Benjie
17-09-03, 14:47
Hack Boxes need to be fixed, and they need to give more INT than they currently do. That way people would utulise the outzone even more.

I can't help but feel like in 10 thousand years, somebody is going to find this thread on the front page of a newspaper that is covered in sand, ripped around the edges and in the hands of a dead man in a torn grey suit. The story headline would be "IDEA THAT PROMISED PROSPER WAS BADLY IMPLAMENTED...."

J. Folsom
17-09-03, 14:49
Originally posted by Progenitor
OZ2 has a roving spot for hurler/butchee, he moves to one of 3(4?) spots spread out across the zone. There's actually a total of 6 different spawn spots for that Hurler/Butchee, three near the entrance to the "Mutant Pool" GR, one beyond the garage door after which you turn right to outzone 4, One on the way to to that garage door, and one through the garage doors directly in front of you after you come from outzone 1. I know that only because I used to hunt the Hurlers/Butchees in that location because normally Outzone 4 was too busy.

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 16:16
If hackboxe's the lower level ones gave some good loot then people would hack them more...

there needs to be more hackboxes...

Mingerroo
17-09-03, 16:47
Yeah definitely.

It removes the plaza gankings, and people making a quick getaway to a safezone. Safezones shouldn't be connected to combat areas.

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 18:00
Originally posted by Mingerroo
Safezones shouldn't be connected to combat areas.

Now, how'd that work out? you could either have no combat zones, or no safezones if you made that a rule... :p

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 18:44
No mobs over 90/90 (if thats above the ceres troopers) should be put into OZ. That's why I said Ceres Troopers - decent loot, interesting organics ( special recipes from them) and loads of exp, but not impossible for mid-leveler teams)

Doom Harbie or wbs just ridiculous. And mutant population explosion just crazy. For one thing, overbreeding can't continue indefinitely (consumption of local resources) and for another, it'd make access to important spots in OZ ( church, hurler/butchee, epics, etc) too hard/annoying for various levels of runners.

Progenitor
17-09-03, 20:01
No mobs over 90/90 (if thats above the ceres troopers) should be put into OZ. That's why I said Ceres Troopers - decent loot, interesting organics ( special recipes from them) and loads of exp, but not impossible for mid-leveler teams)

Doom Harbie or wbs just ridiculous. And mutant population explosion just crazy. For one thing, overbreeding can't continue indefinitely (consumption of local resources) and for another, it'd make access to important spots in OZ ( church, hurler/butchee, epics, etc) too hard/annoying for various levels of runners.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 120/120 dungeon mob in one of the storages, say around OZ5, just to balance out the wasteland dungeons.

I've also thought there should be a sector of the outzone that is overrun with enlightened preachers and acyolytes, much like the mutant population is.

-p

Benjie
17-09-03, 20:05
I wouldn't mind seeing a 120/120 dungeon mob in one of the storages, say around OZ5, just to balance out the wasteland dungeons.

I've also thought there should be a sector of the outzone that is overrun with enlightened preachers and acyolytes, much like the mutant population is.

-p
Agreed. 5 spawn places, each one taking 10 hours to spawn. (so it would be like 1 120/120 mob per 2 hours) Giving the effect of a random spawn. To prevent Camping.

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 20:27
Okay, I might accept that. But it seems so damn odd that any major mobs could make it alive into the cities.

heh, I wanna see a fight between a STORM bot and a Y Commander. I'd pay for a front seat ticket.

Progenitor
17-09-03, 20:47
Okay, I might accept that. But it seems so damn odd that any major mobs could make it alive into the cities.

heh, I wanna see a fight between a STORM bot and a Y Commander. I'd pay for a front seat ticket.

Aren't Y's and STORM bots both constucted by CA?

Didn't CA build the Y's to combat TG?

What could happen though, is that some of those DoY guards that are currently guarding the DoY entrances start to appear in OZ and have those Elight STORM bots patroling the outzone and having the fights between them.

Could even make it worthwhile for CA friendly runners to get rewards for the DoY guards. <== New event!

-p

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 20:55
Y replicants are broken. They attack everyone. STORMbots would have to defend against them.

Benjie
17-09-03, 21:22
I think that Trashcans, and red brick walls need a texture revamp. They both look like crap!

GRAPHICS: OZ<---PLAZA--->DOY
There is going to be a huge graphical quality gap between the two areas.
Dome of york will have high quality textures.
http://www.neocronnetwork.de/gallery/extra/domeofyork_e0a6_3.jpg
Where as in the outzone, it can be very low quality graphics at times

Progenitor
17-09-03, 21:25
Y replicants are broken. They attack everyone. STORMbots would have to defend against them.

You are correct - forgot about that.

Something else; as far as mobs go out in the OZ, there should be more Anarcy Breed members running around, but now that they have basically been uprooted by Black Dragon buying their hangout in OZ8, I don't know what is going to happen to them.

But you would expect to see them up and about.

-p

Heavyporker
17-09-03, 21:36
Agreed about anarchy breed. There's far too few of them outside of Neocron City - I know of only two places in the wastelands you can see AB npcs.

The AB might occupy another place in the OZ... something like OZ6 or perhaps they relocate to JUST outside the city... Perhaps they should start camping the Old Greycore Outpost or something... They're sorta neutral to the Mutants and to the Fallen Angels, and OGO is between the major locations of said entities.

Progenitor
17-09-03, 22:11
There could be a couple of great events centered around the BD taking over OZ8.

BD could hire some runners to help "convince" the AB npc to leave their old hangout.

AB could storm PP, looking for revenge.

AB hiring some runners to help clear out wherever they are going to relocate too.

-p

ben77890
17-09-03, 23:15
make them connected with the sewers, and then connect the sewers together, and then connect the sewers to the mainsewers, anyone ever been down there? they rock for mutie hunting :)

Progenitor
17-09-03, 23:33
Originally posted by ben77890
make them connected with the sewers, and then connect the sewers together, and then connect the sewers to the mainsewers, anyone ever been down there? they rock for mutie hunting :)

Well, they kinda already are.

OZ6 has an exit into Mainserwer, so does IndA.

It looks like at one time OZ5 was going to link up with the main serwer (that long tunel to nowere next to the mutant church)

And OZ8 has a section of sewer water that goes nowhere as well.

It would be easy enough to hook those up to the mainsewer.

-p

Q`alooaith
18-09-03, 04:19

It looks like at one time OZ5 was going to link up with the main serwer (that long tunel to nowere next to the mutant church)

And OZ8 has a section of sewer water that goes nowhere as well.

I do belive them places are links to OZ7, you'll note that OZ 7 connects to quite a few zones, and some places you'll even get the entering new zone dialog come up, but you cvan not move close enough to zone...