PDA

View Full Version : What level did you leave MC5 at?

Q`alooaith
16-09-03, 22:28
Well, simple question.. only people who have had runners move though MC5 awnser pls...

BTW, no option for never been to MC5, since you don't make a poll about what people eat at a chip shop and make note that they eat pizza's, but not from the chipshop..

Ascension
16-09-03, 22:31
mine was 0/2 just shuffled through:)

bibliotequa
16-09-03, 22:32
... the newb one or h_14... ? i answered thinking you meant h14 but now... uh oh if anything, just take one of the x/61's out :p

Benjie
16-09-03, 22:35
I joined waaaay before MC5 was ever implamented, so i cant vote on this poll. I'm trying to work somthing out.

Anybody know what month NECRON came retail?

DonnyJepp
3 of my 4 chars on Saturn started before MC5 was added. The 4th left it as soon as he could.

Dribble Joy
As soon as I had the cash, I gred out.

//edit Only my most recent chars, My first char is still here from beginning of retail.

enablerbr
16-09-03, 22:36
if you mean newb MC5 then it was more a question of how long it took me to get from spawn point to GR and my APP.

Q`alooaith
16-09-03, 22:40
this is newb MC5, I've seen a few /25's in the saturn one..

highest level I left at was /26 though I plan to cap my PE in MC5, I'm pretty sure it could be done, well maybe not capp everything..

Delloda
16-09-03, 22:41
mc-5 mobs are not as easy as 6/6 sewer rats to kill really. The should have more mobs like rats in the mc-5 area then more ppl would stay there to lvl up first.

Sinead O'Connor
16-09-03, 22:42
started character.

sold boots to vendor at the desk.

hobbled to the GR hut and went to the apartment.

mc5 was a good idea in concept, but a piece of shit in implementation.

Q`alooaith
16-09-03, 22:44
Originally posted by Delloda
mc-5 mobs are not as easy as 6/6 sewer rats to kill really. The should have more mobs like rats in the mc-5 area then more ppl would stay there to lvl up first.

the manic victims are realy easy, you just gotta get past the fact they shoot lots and lots, do very little damage realy(5/5 mob)

there are lots of mobs, you just have to wander around a lot to find em..

Psyco Groupie
16-09-03, 22:45
hmmm .. anyone explored noobie mc5 ? ... leveling up high enuf to keeel the guards would be funny as heck

Oath
16-09-03, 22:49
hmm wonder who could have left at lvl 61??

i left at 0/2, was bitterly disapointed by the place.

oh.........its pretty impossible to get to lvl 61 there =p

t3h higher mobs pwn jooooo

Lethal Virus
16-09-03, 22:53
Originally posted by Benjie

Anybody know what month NECRON came retail?

September for German Retail
November for US Retail

Disturbed021
16-09-03, 23:06
heh hard to answer. I have had 15-20 characters go through MC5 on Uranus, Saturn and Pluto. My Apus and Tanks stay until they hit xx/15 (cause the sec bots aren't that tough and give those processors for $$) most of my other classes leave immediately unless I am showing a newb how to play the game.

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 00:10
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
hmmm .. anyone explored noobie mc5 ? ... leveling up high enuf to keeel the guards would be funny as heck

I got a group togther with my psi pre hybrid nerf (we where mostly hybrid monks, uber TL3 heal)...

well anyway, after a long and hard and lots of gen repping fight, we killed the MC5 newb base commander...
He don't drop anything though, so no MC5 chips in newb MC5, but great XP for /25's..

BTW, my pistol PE is 14/24 now and in MC5, I could take down the cleaning crew pretty easly now.. though the 120/120 guards inside the base beat me up in about four/five bursts...

Cass
17-09-03, 00:52
Started char
Hit F3 and started popping out the LE.
Limped over to the nomads and sold everything I had.
Killed a few flies on the way to the GR.
GR'd to apt.

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 00:58
Originally posted by Cass
Started char
Hit F3 and started popping out the LE.
Limped over to the nomads and sold everything I had.
Killed a few flies on the way to the GR.
GR'd to apt.

you miss out on so much by doing that... *points to Cash nearing 1 mil at /24*

extract
17-09-03, 02:04
on my very first char (who actually stayed with you and opar there) stayed til lvl 20ish only because some asswad when I was a n00b told me it was better to lvl there early on...what a crock of bullshit that was...however when i did finally leave I left with almost a million credits...which was nice......

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 02:07
Originally posted by extract
on my very first char (who actually stayed with you and opar there) stayed til lvl 20ish only because some asswad when I was a n00b told me it was better to lvl there early on...what a crock of bullshit that was...however when i did finally leave I left with almost a million credits...which was nice......

it's easyer cash, not easyer leveling... my PE's having a hell of a time in MC5, though will be able to afford most things by the time I leave, if I ever do...

Elvisaron
17-09-03, 02:54
Does anyone stay in MC5 more than level 2? I stayed in there for a couple of nights because I didn't have any documentation (I'm a free trialer) and didn't know what to do. I could've read the directions, but I'm an IT guy by trade and that's the last thing we ever do. I almost quit because there was nothing to do.

I guess there's a non-newbie area of MC5 but I haven't seen it. I can't imagine anyone hanging out there any longer than they had to.

Benjie
17-09-03, 03:12
Originally posted by Elvisaron
Does anyone stay in MC5 more than level 2? I stayed in there for a couple of nights because I didn't have any documentation (I'm a free trialer) and didn't know what to do. I could've read the directions, but I'm an IT guy by trade and that's the last thing we ever do. I almost quit because there was nothing to do.

I guess there's a non-newbie area of MC5 but I haven't seen it. I can't imagine anyone hanging out there any longer than they had to.

Non noobie MC5 is hard and good coz u get MC5 chips.

By the way, if you tell reakktor you almost quit coz there was nothing to do, maybe they will make MC5 better.

Elvisaron
17-09-03, 03:33
What lev do you need to be to fight in the upper MC5 and how do you get there? I'm 3x / 49. Is that high enough or do I need to be closer to 60?

Yeah, I ran around MC5 for 2 nights and I wasn't the only one. I saw at least 3 other noobs in there both nights. There was a mission to go fight some ghosts or skeletons or something but my brother and I walked in there and almost got killed immediately. If I had gotten a better weapon and a couple of levels, I might have been able to level in there, but that was all there was.

Also, I started with 900nc so I couldn't use the GR at first, then I got some money and tried again and got a warning that I'd never be able to return. I eventually xported out, but the warning gave me pause, thinking I might be making a mistake. KK needs to put a big text box up when you first create a new char telling you exactly how to get out, especially since most new players are probably coming in through the DL and aren't printing out the manual before they start.

BTW, the other runners I saw roaming around MC5 I haven't seen since. Maybe they gave up.

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 04:04
Ok, who here's killed or helped kill the MC5 Newbi base commander.. I know there's at least two others appart from myself (kicked his ass)...

but has anyone else tryed that feat, or done it?

QuantumDelta
17-09-03, 04:10
Only one of my 10 characters on retail had to go through MC5.
He left before his LE Chip was out (which was set into removal process as he spawned).

massic
17-09-03, 04:23
I went through MC5 when it first came out before you had enough money to leave.

I just sold everything in my inventory and killed whatever was near the GR to get the remainder to get out of there.

Now when I create a new character I just head straight for the GR.

I did try leveling a char there once and it was awful, you had to do some mission where you had to gather MC5 parts or something from the cybergaurds that were about a 3 minute walk away, I did it once and after my 3rd death decided my curiosity of what MC5 was would have to remain just that.

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 04:32
Originally posted by massic
I did try leveling a char there once and it was awful, you had to do some mission where you had to gather MC5 parts or something from the cybergaurds that were about a 3 minute walk away, I did it once and after my 3rd death decided my curiosity of what MC5 was would have to remain just that.

if you ask the security guard as your meant to, he'll tell you the bots are too hard for you to take alone right now..

He'll then tell you, either find a group to help out, or kill some of the other stuff to get strong enough to take the bots...

and the two by the door drop the chips needed, and often people camp em, most don't think to explore past that point..

KidWithStick
17-09-03, 04:42
all the people who know what there doing and is smart GR straight out...

the ptoblem is new players dont know how to. lol

massic
17-09-03, 04:45
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
if you ask the security guard as your meant to, he'll tell you the bots are too hard for you to take alone right now..

He'll then tell you, either find a group to help out, or kill some of the other stuff to get strong enough to take the bots...

and the two by the door drop the chips needed, and often people camp em, most don't think to explore past that point..

I agree, you do need a group to complete the mission, but as the poll shows, everyone high tails it outta there so fast finding a group is nearly impossible.

I was just tired of exploring with no stamina, possibly because I knew what awaited me on the other side of the GR.

Q`alooaith
17-09-03, 04:47
Originally posted by KidWithStick
all the people who know what there doing and is smart GR straight out...

the ptoblem is new players dont know how to. lol

No, some realy smart people stay for a long time...

you know you can get some good XP in MC5, and a great deal of cash for a newb... My Psi had all the spell's he needed from the cash left over from his MC5 stay... and still had leftovers...

QuantumDelta
17-09-03, 04:50
Heh.
My Monk was Base PSI 95 in a week ...so.....not really bothered about staying in MC5 very long... :P

KidWithStick
17-09-03, 04:51
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
Heh.
My Monk was Base PSI 95 in a week ...so.....not really bothered about staying in MC5 very long... :P

liar

QuantumDelta
17-09-03, 04:56
Ask Saitoh Hajime(BlackDove).
Or pretty much any SSC.
Kenshin was started, and was leveled one day before my holiday to crete, to level /30, as a primarily PPU Hybrid.
LoMed the APU off the day I got back, after a Caves Run (PPUing).

Spent the rest of the time (about 4-5 hours leveling a day, for that week) killing chasers/stormbots/chaos caving.

I'm now base 97 and don't feel a 100% need to cap. (Mainly because I don't actually have a Holy Catharsis Sanctum to use yet, I was TOLD it would take a long time to level a Monk :rolleyes: Base INT 81 already....)

Edit;

So;
Thursday. > 2 week holiday. > Saturday to Wednesday.
After the Friday I pretty much resigned the rest of my free time (weekend) off, to completing prep for PP and BT Epic.
Done that yesterday.
I'm now proud owner of a near capped Fallen Angels PPU with Base PSI 97...

Al3X
17-09-03, 12:28
as soon as my le was out, i immediatly went to pp sewer after that O_o

ericdraven
17-09-03, 12:43
OT:

Originally posted by QuantumDelta
I was TOLD it would take a long time to level a Monk :rolleyes: Base INT 81 already....)

Well, you have to see it relatively.
A PE can be capped in.. two days? Tanks maybe ten days.. spies.. i always thought they are difficult to cap, but i played my new spy maybe three weeks occasionally (and not 5 hours/day) and he is at INT98 / DEX100. So - capping monks is still the most difficult one. :p

Ontopic: All my chars leave MC5 within ten seconds (or how long it takes to run to the GR :))

/EDIT: Interesting, 5 chars left MC5 with rank /61.. :p

zewy
17-09-03, 13:46
I am still at mc5 at urainus 20/30 in rank or so :)

Benjie
17-09-03, 13:54
What is this MC5???... Wait I'll go find out...
-
*searches forums*
-
...WTF!!!! You mean there is more to Neocron than this shit bit of crap!? Why did nobody tell me. I was jest 'bout to cancel my account!
Grrrr!:mad:

Vampire222
17-09-03, 23:52
mc5 needs: more tips.. how to kill stuff etc, more m0bs
its annoying how fast u walk as n00b
and u gotta walk 3 miles to find a bloody mob, and the sentrys kick ur ass for the mission

Q`alooaith
18-09-03, 04:06
Originally posted by zewy
I am still at mc5 at urainus 20/30 in rank or so :)

what class are you, monk at a guess...(though tank's would be pretty easy and so are Pistol PE's I'd not want to keep a spy in there long, cept my ress/con for making my outstanding weapons, which I keep the sloted ones for me and give the non sloters to newbs that don't have the right weapon or have reskilled wrong...)

back to the point...

make a saturn MC5 guy, I'm a little bored what with either everyone comming and then going, or if I'm standing around and greeting people I get totaly ignored, It's not like my names Welcome or anything silly like that, but I get ignored worse than the NPC's..

BTW, what weapon you using now, I'm currently with a wastland eagle, but hopping to get some plasma pistol ammo in the future so I can use one of the ones I looted from the victim.... BTW don't kill the NPC's even if they call you names, you lose SL..

Futureman
18-09-03, 08:27
The cool thing about only playing at MC5 is that you DO have to be more resourceful and its kinda like playing on a stranded island, because you can't get anything from the outside world, and you can only use what you find there. I like it, ill probably keep my tank there a while. And what's this i hear about money? Ooooh....

zewy
18-09-03, 08:43
it is a Pistol and constructor / spy :) I have 114 cst there and a other char that is res 110 and recyacel 101 or so :)

Matthew.v.smith
18-09-03, 08:44
When i first started neocron and saw MC5 the amount of Lag and FPS was unbeleivable :P

The grass and foliage seriously slows u down to like 1 FPS
lol.

so in the end i had to grit and bear it before killing about 2 wasps and running for GR.

;) So0n i turned off the d3d and tryed but when u start the game i just couldent understand what i was supposed to be doing

untill i had a sudden rememberance of where u go the GR
so then i ran to where it was after getting pwned by the guards and losing my knife >_<

after getting told by a n0ob what to do i got my inventory killed snakes and stuff with 1 FPS and Gred out pennyless.

u cant deny how clever they have tryed to be in MC5
Making u kill for freedom but when all u have is a knife and willpower to get better i would rather go sewering :)

but now i seem to understand MC5 more when i cap my spy (if ever) im gonna stick around in da MC5.

Matty.

P.S. Hi Futureman still keeping it real?:lol:

Q`alooaith
18-09-03, 10:09
it is a Pistol and constructor / spy :) I have 114 cst there and a other char that is res 110 and recyacel 101 or so :)

I have a question about rec, can you get weaponpart back from weapons if you rec them, and at what level does this happen if it does...

I'm guessing your using a wastland beagle, I carry about two three of them at a time, so I can switch before they run outta ammo, no switch time, no reload time untill they all run dry, very good when trying to beat up the base commander..

zewy
18-09-03, 11:21
Around 100 in rec to get some parts from weapons back. I use rec to get chems so I can build the damn weapon parts I have all wp up to 5 or 6 I think :) on saturn on my cst-rec with 178 in rec I get a bit more parts back but no tech from rare weapons still if they add that for rec is useless at higher levels.

Q`alooaith
18-09-03, 16:53
Around 100 in rec to get some parts from weapons back. I use rec to get chems so I can build the damn weapon parts I have all wp up to 5 or 6 I think :) on saturn on my cst-rec with 178 in rec I get a bit more parts back but no tech from rare weapons still if they add that for rec is useless at higher levels.

now if your rec on saturn was still in MC5, you could make a killing selling high quality higher TL weapons... I mean I need a Wastland beagle and a good autopistol to make my life that much easyer...

Wannabe
18-09-03, 18:10
Both my tank and apu monk on saturn are still in MC5. My old spy was in MC5 for the time it took to get the 1k to GR out.

My Psi monk was there for the time it took to take the damn LE out.

MC5 was a good idea, but a really baaaad implentation.

// Wannabe