PDA

View Full Version : HEEEEEEELPP MEEEEEE!!!!!! (3D mappers everywhere...)

Benjie
16-09-03, 21:52
Any modern engines for a 3d mapper where you don't have to spend your life alligning textures?
-
I'm Ex-Build Engine. Need to map my flat/town. Going crazy from a 2 year withdrawal.
-
Reason I ask is everything I try confuses me. The only thing I have been able to work out since is qoole and I hated it.
-
Thankyou.
._.
|:)/:(| .

Syntax-Error
16-09-03, 22:10
Tbh, only 3d mapping ive played with is Worldcraft so i couldnt help you there

Drake6k
16-09-03, 22:34
I know all about worldcraft... dont most programs have a center texture option? Moving them all into place SUCKS. When I frist started making half-life maps I would move every texture into place one by one lol. Also used carve tool for 'everything' if anyone understands what I'm talking about...

Scikar
16-09-03, 22:38
I'm pretty sure UnrealEd 2.0 (the UT one) used to be able to line up textures for you, can't remember for certain though, I spent my time on UScript. :)

enablerbr
16-09-03, 22:39
well the unreal 3 editor is better for aligning textures. infact grabing whole sections and doing it.

Psyco Groupie
16-09-03, 22:42
hammer formerly known as worldcraft is good ... u just gotta make the brush inline with the grid and the same size an the texture .. turn a texture lock on and then u can mvoe the brush freely .. fairly simple really

Drake6k
16-09-03, 22:46
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
hammer formerly known as worldcraft is good ... u just gotta make the brush inline with the grid and the same size an the texture .. turn a texture lock on and then u can mvoe the brush freely .. fairly simple really

Just hit the center or fit button lol. It couldnt be simpler.

Psyco Groupie
16-09-03, 23:46
well .. that would take longer than making the brush centered to start with :P

Benjie
17-09-03, 00:23
I've decided, im gonna wait for the HL2 engine. :)
Take a look at my uber creativity...
|= Death sword
|= Nature sword
|= Flame sword
O= Copper Sheild
Ok so yes it's crap, but what else do you expect for a size 9 underlined |? :D :rolleyes:

Drake6k
17-09-03, 02:24
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
well .. that would take longer than making the brush centered to start with :P

lol ok take the entire level and highlight it with a box, now hit the texture surface thing and then "center" *poof* your done :p I'm to lazy to do anything else.

BTW this is really interesting
http://collective.valve-erc.com/index.php?faq=source_mod_faq

I quote...

The new Hammer will load Half-Life 1 levels (.RMF or .MAP source files only). You will need to retexture, and you’ll probably need to redo most of the entities, but this is a major jumpstart compared to starting from scratch.

*drools*
http://collective.valve-erc.com/images/hammer/1/02.jpg