PDA

View Full Version : psi implants

zAo
16-09-03, 16:53
why dont monks have an eye or a backbone..... im pretty sure everyone else does.

ezza
16-09-03, 16:54
heavy tanks dont have eye imps:p

Kasumi
16-09-03, 16:54
They dont need theM? OR maybe how do you make PSI out of an eyeball? or a backbone? just put a bit of thought into it :)

\\Fényx//
16-09-03, 16:56
Originally posted by ezza
heavy tanks dont have eye imps:p

Tanks have the mini marine (MOVEON) tho, every class should have a version of that o_O

Voodoochicken
16-09-03, 16:57
I notice that, in another thread, you seem to think APU monks are balanced.

Therefore, adding eye/backbone implants would surely unbalance them?

Having said that, I think monks need an overhaul, and new implant types should be included in that process.

[And, yes, the issue of psi implants has been brought up before.]

[edit] A backbone could be acting as a conduit to help channel a monk's psi powers, so there's no reason not to have bonuses to the main skill (if not to the subskills) [end edit]

Also.. add STR based belts for tanks.. HC/TRA ;)

ezza
16-09-03, 16:59
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Tanks have the mini marine (MOVEON) tho, every class should have a version of that o_O

fine by me

i was just pointing out that monks arnt the only class with out eyes thanks very much:rolleyes:

zAo
16-09-03, 16:59
heavy tanks dont have one but melee tanks do.... that means as a class the tanks have an eye

and as for the first question how does a backbone give strength or an eye give intelligence....... think about it why not give the apus a backbone that gives + 5 psi - 3 whatever and an apu eye or a ppu eye........ maybe that would make the monks too good tho.... dont want anyone trying to compete with tanks and winning more than half the time.

ezza
16-09-03, 17:04
Originally posted by zAo
heavy tanks dont have one but melee tanks do.... that means as a class the tanks have an eye

my monk wears smart cyber eye 1 so you still get a eye of some sort.

and what use is melee for a heavy tank o_O

Ozambabbaz
16-09-03, 17:09
Marty Feldman eye pimp :D

ezza
16-09-03, 17:28
Originally posted by zAo

maybe that would make the monks too good tho.... dont want anyone trying to compete with tanks and winning more than half the time.

last time i checked the monks on the server i play on out number the tanks by a large amount.

and saying that tanks win more isnt very true either, as a decent monk can take down a tank in no time at all, or did you not notice those big numbers coming off tanks when hit with holy lightning.

I hit one tank for a nice 199 shot, made me laugh that one did
:lol:

dbarnes
16-09-03, 22:00
that tank must have had no energy resist at all

but still monks dont get that much + from imps i mean like psi and intel as opposed to tanks.

t0tt3
16-09-03, 22:16
Well a PSI monk cant put all 100% on PPU/APU like the H-C tank can so end of story stfu plz...

FBI
16-09-03, 22:27
Originally posted by t0tt3
Well a PSI monk cant put all 100% on PPU/APU like the H-C tank can so end of story stfu plz...

Tanks can't cap rare hw with 100% hc, but it's not tanks fault
that TC is in dex and not strength. Both scenerios are about
equal so that's no good reason there, sorry. Actually, no offense
that reason just plain sucked. o_O

Yet monks are the ones with spells that can snipe the snipers.

;)

FBI

(i've been leveling a ppu monk for 2 weeks now, not totally tank
biased, just sometimes arguments like yours make me mad )

t0tt3
16-09-03, 22:34
well..... if I could kill a tank with a singel burst like a tank can so ^^^But to max your pool for a APU u CANT!!!! <---- read ---->CANT!!!!! cap your HL and it will be under weak 550% ^^ + bad ass 80 RoF :lol:

So yea nerf the CS :p

SigmaDraconis
16-09-03, 22:41
well..... if I could kill a tank with a singel burst like a tank can so ^^^But to max your pool for a APU u CANT!!!! <---- read ---->CANT!!!!! cap your HL and it will be under weak 550% ^^ + bad ass 80 RoF :lol:

Are you saying a tank kills you in one burst?...

if so i suggest learning about resists o.0

as for maxing pool..i dunt know many monks either APU or PPU who even try to max their mana...but i know plenty who can cap HL and still retain a good mana pool o.0

P.S. Clear concise english is recommended for forum debate o.0

Keyol45743241
16-09-03, 23:17
Give them their fucking eye and reduce monk power in general by 50% and PPU by another 90%. That way the eye won't make a difference and the game will be playable for other classes again :rolleyes:

t0tt3
16-09-03, 23:39
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
Are you saying a tank kills you in one burst?...

if so i suggest learning about resists o.0

as for maxing pool..i dunt know many monks either APU or PPU who even try to max their mana...but i know plenty who can cap HL and still retain a good mana pool o.0

P.S. Clear concise english is recommended for forum debate o.0

ok maybe 3 burst but.... hey gimme a DS and I will have a nice pool to o_O

Omnituens
16-09-03, 23:52
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
been shouting out that for ages now.

no luck.

i say no luck, i really mean 'no reply'.

zAo
17-09-03, 00:49
my tank caps all of his weapons with no problem so i have no f**king clue wtf you are talking about, my monk on the other hand has a very hard time capping without a psi 3 boost... and as for the kk statement about apus being the biggest damage dealer...... a tank gets pretty good dmg too.

ezza
17-09-03, 01:16
Originally posted by zAo
my tank caps all of his weapons with no problem so i have no f**king clue wtf you are talking about

damage and aiming on CS?o_O

FBI
17-09-03, 01:24

Nerf the CS, i say who cares. I use speedguns on monks anyway,
it's rare noob cases like you that take alot of damage from a CS.

But if a CS owns you, a speed gun should own*2 you.

As for that other guy, forgot his name, who can cap all his HC
weapons. Bullshit. Even with the outdated PA you wear, you
cant cap AIM with HC3 + fortress + PA2. Stuff it.

Tanks are currently the best constitution builders in game with
malediction and doom beamer. I say tanks take up tradeskilling.

"CAPPED TANK WILL LEVEL YOUR CONST FOR 500k/30min with
PPU!!"

because tanks are only good for that, infact I'm only using my
second account with my capped tank to level my PPU's const.

I've played my tank from beta4 till now (2 weeks ago i stopped)
and made a ppu. After a year of playing tank, i've decided to
admit to my self the class has failed and is flawed with speed
nerfs up the ying yang.

pffft