PDA

View Full Version : Researching: Does this bug happen to you?

WebShock
16-09-03, 14:42
In theory, if you want to research something, you get some cubes, lube, tool, and the item you want to research. You put the tool and the item in the processor and press start. bam, your bp is done right?
WRONG (at least for me anyway)

It only works that way when it wants to. I was trying to research a few TL 3 spells for a noob the other day when this bug annoyed the living shit outta me. I got a error message "This item cannot be researched." This seems to be happening more and more now. It's really frustrating. Every item I want to research, I have to put in and take out of the processor several times before it works. Sometimes, if i want to research say, 20 bps, I have to put in the tool first, then the item then the cube. Sometimes several times before it works. Not only does this get monotonous, but just downright painful. I hope someone out there has dealt with this before and found a solution. I don't think it's a local bug either. I tried to research on 2 diffrent computers. I use the US version of NC, I have a TL 150 tool that i bought @ yo's. I also found this to be true in the test server. That just tells me that there isnt a plan to fix it *GaG*

Help!

J. Folsom
16-09-03, 14:44
I never have this problem; as opposed to actually dragging the research tool and item in the processor, drag your tool over the item you want to research, as long as the processor is empty this'll automattically fill it properly.

ericdraven
16-09-03, 14:44
This never happened to me.

Do you put the tool in the first slot, the item in the second slot and do you have enough BPs and substance in the inventory when you press the START button?

Psyco Groupie
16-09-03, 14:46
you've got the stuff in the wrong order therefore making it think your trying to bp .. the bp .. thats why its saying no, put tool then item then just click start and it will suck in an empty BP

its not a bug ... just your method im afraid

WebShock
16-09-03, 14:49
yea i tried that too. I always have enough lube and cubes. If i didnt, it would say you need more lubr or a cube. I'll have to try the "drop the tool onto the bp in the processor" method :)

Ryuben
16-09-03, 14:56
try this top right spot "item" next slot Tool then cude / hit start :D works a treat

jernau
16-09-03, 14:57
It's not just him.

One of my clannies got/gets this sometimes. We tried everything but it wouldn't fix.

It's never happened to me in many many thousands of RES jobs but he was getting it about one in three. It seemed to only want to do one BO of each item each time IIRC then it declared it non-BPable.

I'll ask him whether he found a cure....

Shockwave
16-09-03, 16:17
Happened to a friend of mine too. He couldn't research ANYTHING apart from cloning datacubes, which would work once only. No amount or relogging would cure it. He filled out an in-game support request, and the problem cleared up within 5 minutes. Whether the two were related or not I don't know, but we both spontaneously knelt down and worshipped the All Powerful Support and GM Teams.
:D

Shock.

Crest
16-09-03, 17:07
I get something similiar, and found....
If you out the item you want to research into the top left slot, tool anywhere and click start, I get a message seying you need Construction tool, but it researches anyway.

No need to drag and drop, just hit start

Phiberdelic
16-09-03, 17:17
Hell that type of stuff happens to me alot but for implants
I'll drag the implant into the processor window and when i get poked I get a message "No implant was found in processor window"... Yet I'll pull it up and its sitting right there, it seems to be a bug with the picture mappings. Because I will log and come back and look at the processor window and an ammo round or peice of armor is sitting there.

Crest
16-09-03, 17:20
Here is the one that pees me off,
Building good ol expensive rhino's...When you build them and it fails, my construction tool disapears...all gone. The first time I logged my barter on and got a new construction tool (150) and when I logged my char back on there it sat.

Come how the failure of rhino building upsets the inventory...Dunno how....

SInce I always build in plaza 3, this is where this happens (Dunno if it is just in Plaza 3 that it is bugged). Mebbe got siomething to do with the rhino's using all the slots in the processor....dunno

SpAcEDoUbT
16-09-03, 17:25
Only thing that I can think of, is if the person died before doing his researching..

Then he would get the invent bug and would probably be trying to research something other than what he think he is.