PDA

View Full Version : Setting resists against Monks

Andronicus
16-09-03, 01:19
Do most of the Higher level monk APU spells require fire resist to resist them (apart from holy pestilence)? Or are they more force damage? Tryng to figure out how to adjust my armour so APU monks are less effective against me.

Shadow Dancer
16-09-03, 01:22
Originally posted by Hamlet
Do most of the Higher level monk APU spells require fire resist to resist them (apart from holy pestilence)? Or are they more force damage? Tryng to figure out how to adjust my armour so APU monks are less effective against me.

Energy is most important, fire is somewhat important. Not too many monks use fire apocalypse, because it's a horrible spell IMO. Even if you "cap" energy resist, apu monks will hit you very hard. You don't even need poison resist against apu monks. I guess you could spare 20-30 points if you want. In a fight against an apu monk, use level 1 antidote, it's better. It removes 2 stacks very quickly. What is your class btw?

Andronicus
16-09-03, 01:40
I'm a PE. Thanks for the input so far. My best strategy is to hit the apu's fast and hard while running so they cannot target me - any one else want to share how they defeat the most powerfull apus?

Scikar
16-09-03, 01:45
Yeah bring a ppu monk with you. Then watch the apu suddenly stop as he smashed his comp in frustration as he gets paraspammed while you shoot him up the ass with a Lib.

Shadow Dancer
16-09-03, 01:59
Originally posted by Hamlet
I'm a PE. Thanks for the input so far. My best strategy is to hit the apu's fast and hard while running so they cannot target me - any one else want to share how they defeat the most powerfull apus?

Use force mod and shoot out their legs asap. THen watch them crawl as you pump bullets into their head.

Do you have stealth?

ZoneVortex
16-09-03, 02:07
All POR baby

StoneRayne
16-09-03, 02:32
Fire is a piece of crap in PvP, don't worry about it against APUs. Worry if someone has a fire mod on their gun.

if you see the monk is in PA, shoot him with a force/pierce weapon, if you know the monk has a good reputation, and/or he doesn't wear PA, use an Xray weapon, shoot his legs first IF you can. If he saw you coming just try to kill him fast, or you'll end up taking his legs just the moment you die.

ericdraven
16-09-03, 09:24
Originally posted by StoneRayne
Fire is a piece of crap in PvP, don't worry about it against APUs. Worry if someone has a fire mod on their gun.
Hmm.. i remember using the FA at our very first duel.. and.. i won! :p
(let's not talk about the final result tho :))

Clothing_Option
16-09-03, 18:26
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Energy is most important, fire is somewhat important. Not too many monks use fire apocalypse, because it's a horrible spell IMO. Even if you "cap" energy resist, apu monks will hit you very hard. You don't even need poison resist against apu monks. I guess you could spare 20-30 points if you want. In a fight against an apu monk, use level 1 antidote, it's better. It removes 2 stacks very quickly. What is your class btw?

Hes Right about the fire apocolypse i have a 2 slotted one and it doesnt do much damage but it is good if another APU is using energy against the same target-- mob or person--they just cant stand up to the combo. But by it self i rarley use it.

hinch
16-09-03, 18:29
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Use force mod and shoot out their legs asap.

thats how they killed meh hybrid i still cringe at moonstrikers

mdares
16-09-03, 20:03
While energy is the most efficient monk spell, apoc is seeing more usage everyday. Infact many apus have shitty resists so if u catch one standing, (assuming your an apu) stack them with 1-3 apocs then HL them to death (at 105/min it takes u maybe 2 seconds tops).

now to defend, like sd said u can NEVER defend against HL... EVER... u just gotta be quick, hope to have buffs and heals... Apoc can be guarded against; with 125+ total armor resists from fire, my PE takes at most 20 dmg from apoc and i can out heal it too...

to kill an apu anything works just take out their legs first... phospho and xray mods work wonders...

/forgot: if u have like a splitter m00nie, use that... its uber... :D

Shakari
16-09-03, 20:08
Originally posted by Scikar
Yeah bring a ppu monk with you. Then watch the apu suddenly stop as he smashed his comp in frustration as he gets paraspammed while you shoot him up the ass with a Lib.

hehe then apu gets his own ppu and causes hell :P

StoneRayne
18-09-03, 06:36
:D Eric
Yup, I got raped by your FA badly hehe ;)

mdares, problem there, is while you're trying to stack him with 3 FAs, you can just kill him already by shooting 4 HLs.
Tick weapons are good in some PK situations, but poison is better. Fire is too unpredictable and has too low of a RoF to use.

Moonie? That's great. Moonie is a piece of crap against any decently setup character. If you wanna be funny, or if you're smart and have a chance to use AOE, use Mal.

japata
18-09-03, 07:00
Fire Apocalypse is very good against unsheltered opponents (such as anti-shelted ppu ;) ). And as a PE, you only need to run veeeery fast and have a ninja-quality computer to beat everyone in PvP. Just run around and watch them curse their low FPS in frustration... damn I need to get a new comp. :(

KidWithStick
18-09-03, 07:03
Originally posted by Scikar

O_o :wtf: :( o_O :mad: :eek: :mad: o_O 8| :wtf: o_O :( :( :mad:

everyone and there fucking PPU

Sunab_Naverith
18-09-03, 07:19
A spell few people even consider cuz of how hard it is to get with enough slots is Flame Queen Avalanche spell. I actually managed to get a 3 slotter, and modded it to 120dmg/range.
I am a hybrid, and that fucker does MORE dmg than my 2 slotted FA!! Oh ya, I can *almost* snipe with this thing, I got nearly 215m range with it, I shudder to think of a PURE apu with a FIVE slotter in his hand *shudders*.

So someone test that out and lemme know, k? Thnx. :p

*edit- forgot to mention, my two slotted FA is capped in dmg/freq/handling, and the avalanche is around 100 in the non-capped stats.

mdares
18-09-03, 07:39
Originally posted by StoneRayne
Moonie? That's great. Moonie is a piece of crap against any decently setup character. If you wanna be funny, or if you're smart and have a chance to use AOE, use Mal.

erm lets see: moonie splitter = frc/prc; mal = energy/wutever...

now lets see; wut do monks have the LEAST protection against? hum... frc/prc... wut a coincidence that moonie does it!!!

japata
18-09-03, 08:14
Originally posted by mdares
erm lets see: moonie splitter = frc/prc; mal = energy/wutever...

now lets see; wut do monks have the LEAST protection against? hum... frc/prc... wut a coincidence that moonie does it!!!

Malediction does energy/force + ammomod