PDA

View Full Version : LOM change ideas

Alex Mars
16-09-03, 00:49
An earlier thread discussed LOM changes and how the "fiddle factor" could be reduced. The time constraints are reasonable, but the need to baby sit the character and take the pill every few minutes is annoying if you LOMming a large skill amount. I have two ideas:

1) (the simple idea): Given that each dose causes about 40% SI and there is no way to keep track of SI going over 100%, introduce a double strength pill that takes 10 off a skill and causes 80% SI. This would cut the fiddling in half.

2) (the complicated idea): Introduce a LOM terminal. A character would select a skill, the amount of skill to be LOMmed out, and pay the same costs as separate LOM doses. Then they would have to stand there for the same amount of time but the player would not have to baby sit the process. No skill points would be removed until the whole process is completed, so if the player leaves early then no skill points would be LOMmed out and they would lose the money paid.

Benjie
16-09-03, 01:06
I really like lom pills as they are. It adds an extra dimension to Neocron.

Every lom pill should be like a box of chocolates......

Benjie
16-09-03, 01:10
Sorry wrong button.

Psyco Groupie
16-09-03, 01:11
i'd love to see the synap removed becos the skill loss does hurt ... but loms are wot alot of mmorpgs dont even have so we should be thankful etc ... by no means enjoy loms but they serve thier purpose!