PDA

View Full Version : Just realised something.

Helen Angilley
15-09-03, 23:48
A "short" game in Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic takes about the same amount of time, if not longer, to cap a GeneTank in Neocron. 8|

But my point is thus:

Anyone else have Shadow Magic? If so, would you be interested in taking on my Uber 1337 Undead M4dskillz some time?

Roc-a-fella
15-09-03, 23:49
what the.... what are you talking about what is this game you ramble about

Psycho_Soldier
15-09-03, 23:52
Originally posted by Helen Angilley
so, would you be interested in taking on my Uber 1337 Undead M4dskillz some time?

OMG the ego... its so... *gets crushed* o_O

jk :p

Divide
16-09-03, 01:22
you know helen, I can never figure out why you are so ready to post on a thread that is pointless, and then go create one of your own... you have to be one of the biggest reasons why no thread ever stays on topic

Vampire222
16-09-03, 01:27
A "short" game in Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic takes about the same amount of time, if not longer, to cap a GeneTank in Neocron. 8|

But my point is thus:

Anyone else have Shadow Magic? If so, would you be interested in taking on my Uber 1337 Undead M4dskillz some time?

Spam god... troll god... and flame god... 3x winn0r!!!

Scikar
16-09-03, 01:27
Do you like Shadow Magic because of the trolls?

Shujin
16-09-03, 01:30
Originally posted by Scikar
Do you like Shadow Magic because of the trolls? zingaaaaa :lol:

anyway ;o i used to play it, got sick of it, quit.

Progenitor
16-09-03, 01:40

But my point is thus:

I have the first two - wasn't aware that a third had been released.

It is the closest thing to Master of Magic that I have seen.

How is the multiplayer aspests of it?

-p

nonamebrandeggs
16-09-03, 01:43
Originally posted by Vampire222
Spam god... troll god... and flame god... 3x winn0r!!!

No way, I have had like 99% of my recent posts edited by a mod, I AM THE WINNAR!

Shujin
16-09-03, 01:45
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
No way, I have had like 99% of my recent posts edited by a mod, I AM THE WINNAR! you realize hes talkin about helen right.

nonamebrandeggs
16-09-03, 01:52
^_^

Shujin
16-09-03, 01:54
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
^_^
V_V
shes gonna flame me for postin ot on her topic ;D

Nidhogg
16-09-03, 02:00
On topic, please.

N

Divide
16-09-03, 02:14
[Removed for violation of forum rules]

Any regards to a user -- any user -- should be pm'ed to the person you want to speak to not made public. I've pm'ed you your post text to give you the option of doing so.
--
Gungnir

Distaria
16-09-03, 02:18
I think it's just that you guys are easily offended, and she's good at getting her point across without mincing words.
ANYWAY,

I liked Age Of Wonders 1 and 2, and yeah, games could go on forever. I thought about getting Shadow Magic, looked very cool, got some good reviews.

EDIT: Nice sig, Nid, first time I've seen it.

Divide
16-09-03, 02:21
Originally posted by Distaria
I think it's just that you guys are easily offended, and she's good at getting her point across without mincing words.
ANYWAY,

I liked Age Of Wonders 1 and 2, and yeah, games could go on forever. I thought about getting Shadow Magic, looked very cool, got some good reviews.

EDIT: Nice sig, Nid, first time I've seen it.

I dont think so, and if memory serves correctly, I dont believe that helen and I have EVER exchanged words before... hell, I dont even know if we have posted on the same thread, bar this one. Its just something that I noticed, and thought it was about time to act on.

Helen Angilley
16-09-03, 03:56
Originally posted by Progenitor
I have the first two - wasn't aware that a third had been released.

It is the closest thing to Master of Magic that I have seen.

How is the multiplayer aspests of it?

-p

Depends really, Multiplayer is either some incrediby lengthy, tantric session....or some God-forsaken trip where you spend all your time under siege.

It's fun toppling someone who "pwns" the map though. :D

Not so fun when a Glutton swallows your Wizard though. :(

Distaria:
Shadow Magic is worth it (Having said that, I picked it up fairly cheap from GAME so...eh), just don't be surprised if you end up losing several hours of your life to one game (Started playing at 11pm, only just finished a one-on-one with the AI. o_O).

thewarrior008
16-09-03, 04:35
[Edited for violation of forum rules - Spam]
--
Gungnir

Alex Mars
16-09-03, 05:45
AoW:SM looks pretty good. I have been designing maps for the AoW games for years, I really like the series.

I've got a small AoW website with maps available for download:

http://www.atar.com/alexmars/aowmaps.htm

Benjie
16-09-03, 07:09
Lords of Magic from 1997. Sorry but you all made me remember. I miss that game. :(

Smugly
16-09-03, 09:32
I would, but I'm going to have to find a spare week somewhere... Play by Email's a possibility, although a little lengthy.

Distaria
16-09-03, 09:39
Psh, playing on a LAN or single player takes long enough, in fact I don't know if I've ever actually totally finished a custom battle, play by Email? Good luck, you're going to need it. When you hit turn 300, and your great-grandchildren are bothering you to use the computer, don't say I didn't warn you :D

Smugly
16-09-03, 11:55
Great Grandchildren eh? Them little gits can wait for me to die in an orderly fashion. THEN they can inherit the computer.

Richard Slade
16-09-03, 12:28
Helen, any AoW, any team, u be deader for sure.

Neo LoneWolf
16-09-03, 12:58
My word, haven't played AoW in sooo long. Played it a lot when I was in halls at university - it was just the *best* thing to play at 3 in the morning, when you were too caned for CS.

Embarrassingly, I was a dedicated Halfling player :eek:

Shame most other people were playing multiplayer HoMM7 (Could a game be any more dull?).

May look into getting hold of a copy of Shadow Magic, for old times' sake . . .

Funky game

Helen Angilley
16-09-03, 13:45
Originally posted by Alex Mars
AoW:SM looks pretty good. I have been designing maps for the AoW games for years, I really like the series.

I've got a small AoW website with maps available for download:

http://www.atar.com/alexmars/aowmaps.htm

Oooo...wonder if they'll work with SM. oO

*Goes to download some*

Hm, nine hours before I go sleepy....time for a quick five player game methinks. :D

Smugly
16-09-03, 22:42
Halflings? HALFLINGS??!!!!

Knights and Cannons Everyday. That's the path to victory! LOTS of Knights and Cannons.

Alex Mars
17-09-03, 04:52
Oooo...wonder if they'll work with SM. oO

*Goes to download some*

Hm, nine hours before I go sleepy....time for a quick five player game methinks. :D

From what I have heard, the conversion from AoW2 to SM screws up the terrain, they have to be "hand combed" in the SM editor to really convert them. I haven't picked up the SM yet because I am such an editor slut that I would spend all my time, free and otherwise, designing new maps. I'll probably pick it up in a week or two when I have some free time to blow.

Alex Mars
17-09-03, 04:53
Originally posted by Smugly
Halflings? HALFLINGS??!!!!

Knights and Cannons Everyday. That's the path to victory! LOTS of Knights and Cannons.

Knights, cannons, and airships. Air power is the key.

Sunab_Naverith
17-09-03, 05:22
Originally posted by Alex Mars
Air power is the key.

Couldn't agree more. I have played Total Annihilation/ Kingdoms / various add-ons for a while now, and one constant pops out at me.... They don't compensate for a 100% air assault strike! 8| I tried that tactic several times, and it worked flawlessly everytime! I stopped playing before I realized how kick-ass it would be to actually spend the time and use a ground force in tandem :D.

Mankind
17-09-03, 06:37
I don't play computer games and I don't believe in hobbits, dwarves and elves...ooo did anyone see Lord of the Rings 2? OMG it was so REALISTIC :)

Shujin
17-09-03, 06:39
Originally posted by Mankind
I don't play computer games and I don't believe in hobbits, dwarves and elves...ooo did anyone see Lord of the Rings 2? OMG it was so REALISTIC :) omg i know ;0 i was about to run when i seen those orc guys, i thought they were after me ;O and that tree, damn that guy scared me, i started putting all my firewood back in the forest so they wouldnt hurt me ;0

Mankind
17-09-03, 06:42
My favorite part...SERIOUSLY:

Golem:TATTERRSS?? WHATS TATTTERSSS?

Sam:PO TAY TOES!!!!!!

Marx
17-09-03, 06:43
"we agree you're not orcs"

- Treebeard.

;)

Alex Mars
19-09-03, 01:48
I just checked my old AoW2 maps in the AoWSM editor and there doesn't appear to be any problems. Everything is where I placed it, althougth there has been slight changes to the artwork.