PDA

View Full Version : How many of you only play NC about a hour a day?

Psycho_Soldier
15-09-03, 18:20
How many of you only play NC about a hour a day? I want to know because once I get a job, I am sure thats how much I will be playing if I play at all. What would you suggest doing to have fun besides randomly pking which I have tried, wasn't much fun. =/

If there isn't any good suggestions, then I won't be coming back. :(

VetteroX
15-09-03, 18:34
I work 8 am - 4 pm, and I still get 4-6 hours a day in.... even if you have other responceablities, i dont see why you coulnt play 2 hours week nights and more hours weekends?

but if u really only got an hour... i dunno, i guess id duel.

\\Fényx//
15-09-03, 18:36
Become a trader, level a spy up fast with drones and try to make teh bestest cst on pluto :p then just stand in plaza 1 for your hour a night :) :p

enablerbr
15-09-03, 18:39
1 hour a day in a MMORPG world. i don't think theres much point to it. as you'll never get a lot done in such a short time span.

Lucjan
15-09-03, 18:57
Originally posted by enablerbr
1 hour a day in a MMORPG world. i don't think theres much point to it. as you'll never get a lot done in such a short time span.

The person I know who play the shortest time ends up on average 2.5 hours a day. Don't know anybody who plays less.

1 hour a day on avarage is almost pointless for an MMORPG. But things looks different if you play for 1 hour a day during the week and then some more hours over the weekend.

LTA
15-09-03, 19:02
Originally posted by Lucjan
The person I know who play the shortest time ends up on average 2.5 hours a day. Don't know anybody who plays less.

1 hour a day on avarage is almost pointless for an MMORPG. But things looks different if you play for 1 hour a day during the week and then some more hours over the weekend.

Why is it pointless?

If they enjoy playing for that 1 hour then the game is serving it's purpose is it not?

Providing entertainment, fun enjoyment etc? if someons willing to pay for a subs even tho they know they only get an hour then they must be thinking it's worth paying for the hour so its gotta be worth it to them :D

Psycho_Soldier
15-09-03, 19:06
Originally posted by LTA
someons willing to pay for a subs even tho they know they only get an hour then they must be thinking it's worth paying for the hour so its gotta be worth it to them :D

Exactly. I don't remember anything that I would think would be fun enough to do with only a hour of play. Keep in mind I say 1 hour because I don't want NC to be my priority. I am putting together a mod idea and a development team for Half-Life 2. I ask though because I never really looked for something to do as a person that would only have one hour a day as play.

Zu (Pluto)
15-09-03, 20:53
Well, I play on-and-off over the week, with more time in the weekends. My guess is when I'm on weekday, it tends to be between 30 minutes to 2 hours. Enough to do a cave run or two or hunt a bit. Weekends, a few hours on Saturdays so I can watch FN (I have fought occasionally but my utter lack of skillz makes it a bit of a waste of my opponent's time). Maybe a couple of hours Sunday if I'm in the mood.

As to what I do, I think it's the same as everyone else really except I don't PvP much though. I think you need far more game-time for as you need to level, tweak and test your skills, etc.

I think over-all an hour a night is plenty, but ultimately depends on your game-style and what you want out of NC. If you want to be a mover-and-shaker, I guess that's not enough time. Managing a clan is out too. That seems to be a full-time job.

Just my comments.

Zu

hivemind
15-09-03, 21:03
Neocron is lucky if it gets more than a couple hours of my time each week now. It's all just sorta stale and boring, with fixes coming too slow and seldom...

Whitestuff
15-09-03, 21:06
I play about an hour to 2 hours a day now that I am in school, but sometimes I play a bit longer. I play none on the weekends b/c I go home and no cable modem there :) What I do? 38/36 APU Monk that hacks.... I kills teh WBs for rareparts for an hour all over the place. Then I go lvl in some caves or help a clanie or 3 in the lvl 7 storage. Mainly I get involved with my clan and do things with them. I hardly play alone anymore, that is what gets boring to me.

MrAnderson
15-09-03, 22:19
i play and hour at the max when i do play i do a bit of lvling and talk to mates when there on thats about it but i still play

SigmaDraconis
15-09-03, 22:34
hrmm...no job..homeschooled...my rl friends havnt bothered talking to me since early august when school started :( (mainly cuz im asleep in teh day and awake at night usually)

so neocron gets alot of time :D..most of it spent sitting in plaza1 reading the forums because theres nothing much left to do...damn..why do i even pay anymore..

Lucjan
15-09-03, 23:37
Originally posted by LTA
Why is it pointless?

If they enjoy playing for that 1 hour then the game is serving it's purpose is it not?

Providing entertainment, fun enjoyment etc? if someons willing to pay for a subs even tho they know they only get an hour then they must be thinking it's worth paying for the hour so its gotta be worth it to them :D

Good point LTA, you're right on that. I guess I'm just too much of a power gamer ;-)

Marx
15-09-03, 23:58
depending on class schedule and work, I average 1 to 2 hours ever day or so.

sometimes I go for stretches of time without playing, like right now.

=P

Helen Angilley
16-09-03, 00:00
Moments like this you can't really complain about how little time it takes to cap a character.

Marx
16-09-03, 00:01
Yeah, but there's plenty of room to argue about the neccesity of a drop increase. Until Lupus's proposed changes take place

:D :D :D

mdares
16-09-03, 00:05
i put in roughly 1-2 hours a day depending on mood and workload; this week i can do ATMOST 1 hour aday because of projects, etc. Weekends i do like 3-4 hours in the late hours simply cuz i can...

RuButt
16-09-03, 11:17
i play an hour or so, every week.

CkVega
16-09-03, 11:42
It all depends on how I feel, Sometimes I'll play for 6 hours in a night, sometimes I'll play for half an hour, sometimes I won't play at all.

I've noticed some people are really bad when it comes to these online games, like spending 36 hours straight playing on a regular basis (you know who you are ;) ), this is really unhealthy, although its not my place to tell anyone how to live thier lives I would suggest exercising some self control. MMORPGs are ment as a distraction from reality not a replacement.

;)