PDA

View Full Version : Do you in pvp in 1st or 3rd person ?

GurTjaN
15-09-03, 17:58
Title says enough :)

i do in 3rd person it decreases range on weopons but its better cuz you see alot more whats happening around you...

hinch
15-09-03, 18:06
all chars all weapons in 1st person

Matthew.v.smith
15-09-03, 18:09
I like it up close and personal :)

getting hit in the face by lasers is much more meaty in first person than 3rd :D

Matty:eek:

Xian
15-09-03, 18:10
I hope this thread isn't doomed.

I PvP in 3rd person mainly.. sometimes I prefer first on my PE or my Monk though.

Marx
15-09-03, 18:12
I die in first and third person.

Matthew.v.smith
15-09-03, 18:13
waaaaat where is da fun in that :)

if im gonna die at least its through my own eyes :p

however if im messing about i like to go 3rd person to check out my Custom made orange tinted spy jacket and trousers ahhhhhhh so sweet :)

and also to see my 2 slot judge , 2 slot libby , and i would check my 3 slot fully artifact wyatt earp if some biatch haddent stolen it and he was allie!!!

im gonna get him :mad:

matty.

Rade
15-09-03, 18:14
I do everything except climbing out of sewers/aggie rooms in 3rd person.

Matthew.v.smith
15-09-03, 18:15
lol Never try climbing tech haven with 3rd person :P

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh "thump"

ouch that hurts.

Matty.

Stigmata
15-09-03, 18:15
I do everything except climbing out of sewers/aggie rooms in 3rd person

me too

Andy

Lethys
15-09-03, 18:16
1st person when im sniping, 3rd person all other times.

GurTjaN
15-09-03, 18:18
any1 else noticing that when u use 3rd person u lose range you can try it with casting barrels

Matthew.v.smith
Am i but the only 1 :(

8|

Lucjan
1st person all the time, as in FPS ;-)

\\Fényx//
15-09-03, 18:21
ONOZ... i see where this thread is heading :p here we go again.

My name is Fenix, I'm a rampant cheater and hacker, I use 3rd person when im playing my tank because i can what im looking at, I can fight better in 3rd person as im so used to it and only started using it to get an ''advantage'' over first person users who had a gun covering 60% of their screen....

bah anyway, I use 3rd person because i9 find it alot easier to move and target ppl while in it, 10 months down the line and im just too used to 3rd person view to change :)

[if anyone remembers the post about nerfing 3rd person because its an exploit :rolleyes: will understand my post]

Progenitor
15-09-03, 18:23
I use first person all the time.

What was/is the perpose of the third person view anyway?

-p

GurTjaN
lolz nerf 3rd ? thats a sick thought :P

Xian
You had to mention that thread, didn't you Fenyx? :p

hinch
heh i rememebr that thread what i said then holds true but is staying outta this thread so should anyone else thinking about starting up taht flame fest again.

Xian
15-09-03, 18:25
To each his own. ;)

I know people who can PvP just as well in first as others can in third.. it's not what it is it's what you do with it that counts.

Scikar
15-09-03, 18:26
Same as Fenix. I use 3rd person because I like to have an idea of where I'm going, and for the peripheral vision. In a duel I tend to do a little better in 1st person because in 3rd person the hitboxes become smaller since the camera is further away from the target, so a Lib is a bit easier to use in 1st person, but I end up using 3rd person mostly to avoid strafing into walls/having my view obstructed by the back of a gun which is on the end of my shoulder. I accept that cannons should restrict your view to the right but why is the back of my gat cannon in the middle of my screen?

Ryuben
15-09-03, 18:28
snipeing 1st person every thing else 3rd

\\Fényx//
15-09-03, 18:29
/me chucks a big chunk of coal at Hinch...

BURN :D

lol, uhm yea anyway, that thread managed 2 things, managed to piss me off that people are so hilariously ignorant, and made me laugh my head off at how funny the ''protesters'' were considering the majority of them couldnt beat a 0/2 newb spy thats been parashocked... they blame another person's playing style and view option as a exploit because they have no excuse for how shite they are... Like the OHNOZ HERF TEH FENIX he brought a new PC and gets 60 FPS at OP's im so jealous nerf him ban him sob sob sob... jesus, then theres the exploit of changing fog distance so you can either look further or get better FPS.

Jesus kiddies, THEIR GAME OPTIONS ROFLZ ! their there so that the players get a option of how they feel while playing the game.

OMG ban all those exploiters that take out the ''wobble'' while in first person, thats fucking with the ini files, h4x h4x b4n b4n h4x !!!

one..................... big.................................... O_o

Originally posted by Scikar
Same as Fenix. I use 3rd person because I like to have an idea of where I'm going, and for the peripheral vision. In a duel I tend to do a little better in 1st person because in 3rd person the hitboxes become smaller since the camera is further away from the target, so a Lib is a bit easier to use in 1st person, but I end up using 3rd person mostly to avoid strafing into walls/having my view obstructed by the back of a gun which is on the end of my shoulder. I accept that cannons should restrict your view to the right but why is the back of my gat cannon in the middle of my screen?

ahhahahaha thats exactl how i feel, why the hell does my tank have a fucking CRUISE LINER on his damn shoulder...

hah, CS and it's magic aim, thats another funny man's poor excuse for getting owned :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: jesus im in a cynical mood today, better watch out, dont want another ban now do I o_O

Spy<VS>Spy
15-09-03, 18:33
in my spy, i do first person, always. its much easeir to close the retical.

in my tank, i'll do 3rd person when using my gatlin or plasma, especailly when in a big multi person fight...one on one i'll stay in first person. for a tank being aware of a sitation and what heats being dirrected at them is important. your weapons do good damage so spraying it at anyone who looks like he's not getting any love keeps them unfocused and defensive. also AoE doesnt work well in 3rd person, your reticle is different then to how your actually holding the gun.

in my monk, it defends, but mostly third person. why not? i think for passives its a must, unless your indoors with tight space.

•Super|\|ova•
15-09-03, 18:35
omg! :eek: someone really uses 1st person in PvP??? Just kidding :) I used to do that too back when I was a noob. The day I started learning 3rd person PvP I got way better chances to win. Just a hint for ppl: start practicing 3rd person PvP. It may feel strange and stupid at first but just give it some time and you'll notice it's way better than 1st person mode.

evs
15-09-03, 18:35
only way to go
and yes i do agree its an advantage
and yes thats why i use it

jernau
15-09-03, 18:36
3rd person on most Tank wepaons. 1st for everything else.

I only use it when I have to as I don't like 3rd person games one little bit.

GurTjaN
15-09-03, 18:50
which of you use 2 libby or two pain easers i mean that when one is emptyd with bullets you can scroll down and then continue shootin

Mantus
15-09-03, 18:51
I switch back and forth quite a bit. Being a sniper is kind of hard with your head getting in the way when you are in 3rd person. But if you are running around, 3rd person is way better cuz you dont see the recoil from your gun. Though its still there, but its easier to keep your reticle on the target. You also have better situational awareness in 3rd person, its almost like having peripheral vision.

Rade
15-09-03, 18:55
Pistol reload is fast enough so you dont need more than one gun just to reduce reloading time, and I need the QB slots.

Lexxuk
15-09-03, 18:59
I R PPU, i dont PvP :p

Q`alooaith
15-09-03, 19:12
3rd Person 1000 units distance when outside and driving..

First person when inside, or lots of objects to block 3rd person cam..

Hayato
15-09-03, 19:41
Well im a monk so 3rd person. I use 1st in some areas like in a long hall way or somtin with a low ceiling.

Rizzy
15-09-03, 19:45
3rd person and Ive used it since the good old days of weapon model disabling. However, i find myself switching between views a hell of alot during pvp that isnt duels, mainly to use aoe or a longer range weapon.

SigmaDraconis
15-09-03, 19:46
Originally posted by Rade
I do everything except climbing out of sewers/aggie rooms in 3rd person.

ditto..but when anything but APU i snipe in first person aswell.

QuantumDelta
15-09-03, 20:05
First... ..always :p

=Chojin=
15-09-03, 20:17
1st mainly i try 3rd occasinaly but object stop the camera at weird angles and i just get confused...ive changed my rpos color so i can use 3rd person aswell,cos b4 i lost the crosshair lol:p

Ch0

kurai
15-09-03, 20:41
1st person, all the time, for everything.

I come from an oldsk00l hardcore FPS background, and my brain just doesn't seem to work in 3rd person mode.

extract
15-09-03, 21:04
I play in 3rd person at all times on all chars...I like it cause cursur is not as sensitive, and most importantly there is no recoil effect in third person that ive noticed so it allows me to stay on target 99% of the time whether its pvm or pvp...oh yea and u cant see the swirlys in first person..........

hivemind
15-09-03, 21:11
Must... not... comment... about... all... the... cheat0rz... :lol:

Ascension
15-09-03, 21:11
3rd Person = So much better, Just died at chester cos i forgot 2 get into 3rd person n lore shot me from behinf while i was bein hit with a Cs in the face:p :lol:

QuantumDelta
15-09-03, 21:40
Originally posted by hivemind
Must... not... comment... about... all... the... cheat0rz... :lol: You want the soap box? :p

\\Fényx//
15-09-03, 22:13
hivemind
Disillusioned

Originally posted by hivemind
Must... not... comment... about... all... the... cheat0rz... :lol:

:p

I use first person for my lib actually, seems like im hitting more with it 8|

Dribble Joy
15-09-03, 22:19
1st, allways.
3rd just feels out of control, don't know where I am as mush as 1st.

Roc-a-fella
15-09-03, 22:22
3rd person, i come from asherons call darktiddddde

thewarrior008
15-09-03, 23:05
Originally posted by hinch

tats why u loose ,, most of the time anyway :p

thewarrior008
15-09-03, 23:06
Originally posted by Ascention
3rd Person = So much better, Just died at chester cos i forgot 2 get into 3rd person n lore shot me from behinf while i was bein hit with a Cs in the face:p :lol:

haha u derserved it u dirty merc :PPPPP

mdares
16-09-03, 00:27
Gotta admit; while i prefer 3rd (it gives "situation awareness" thats lacking in 1st person mode but availalbe in 3rd person) i find in fights like HQs, Canyon, PP, other inclosed areas, it is a heavy detriment as the cam gets stuck behind pilars, etc... so i use first (rarely) for those cases (or just avoid fighting in small spaces.

[TgR]KILLER
16-09-03, 00:47
always used first person for PvP.. only when i'm walking around i use 3rd sometimes just because u see more. but i can't PvP in 3rd person @ all lol..

Psyco Groupie
16-09-03, 01:15
with drones you gotta switch between ... monks first .. tanks mix ... rifle / pistol first really

Dead Bodies
16-09-03, 01:55
3rd person is the best you can see whats going on around u and when ur pvp you dont get distracted or thrown off by the blasts hitting you in the face and shaking your screen i do it all in 3rd person and its much cooler than looking at your hand all day :):)

SirSensi
16-09-03, 01:59
Im always in 3rd person... I found that better view and I can always see my swirly and PA :D

SirSensi
16-09-03, 01:59
Im always in 3rd person... I found that better view and I can always see my swirly and PA :D

GurTjaN
16-09-03, 09:26
to come back on a earlier post i try again ... <sighs>
any1 notices that when u play third person u lose range ??

its not only @ barrels cuz ive tryed it with cannon too

J. Folsom
16-09-03, 12:51
I always play in first person, even with my heavy combat PE, it's just what I'm used to by now, though if you can manage to keep a lock on someone while moving at full speed with a drone you're trained for any type of combat ;p

reddog
16-09-03, 13:58
3rd person only barrels first. I die enough without the need of commiting suicide

XenivouS
16-09-03, 14:02
well when i need a swirly fix i play in 3rd person, but 95% of all other times i play in 1st person. Either way im an apu monk i die easy :D

mdares
16-09-03, 20:28
i wouldnt mind playing in 1st if i could see mah swirly...

SirSensi
17-09-03, 06:23
Im a Swirly/PA whore :D

I've always gotta see mahself wit the Swirly and PA! White Swirlies, Red Swirlies, and mah Grey PA... soon to be Blue PA, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

@ mods: oops, sorry I doubled posted on accident :eek: It was one of those 'push button, page refresh' but that time it didn't... not until I pessed the button again...:eek: sorry :D

KidWithStick
17-09-03, 06:24
Originally posted by hinch

maybe thats why you wernt very good on your tank:D

Benjie
17-09-03, 07:53
If I bump this thread then all the closed threads will glue together. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GurTjaN
17-09-03, 11:49
when u guys are neofraggin does you have the same prob with a tank that when ur fightin ur gun wont shoot ? i have that like 5 or 6 times my cannons just fails i gotta siwtch weopon first than and than i can shoot again really strange :S

Al3X
17-09-03, 12:09
Originally posted by GurTjaN
when u guys are neofraggin does you have the same prob with a tank that when ur fightin ur gun wont shoot ? i have that like 5 or 6 times my cannons just fails i gotta siwtch weopon first than and than i can shoot again really strange :S

its the lag... having the same problem..

ezza
17-09-03, 12:20
play 3rd person most of time except for my monks barrells and my tanks AOE weapons.