PDA

View Full Version : Arctic areas: Where the **** are they?

Inquisitor
15-09-03, 17:08
There is different kinds of terrain, different climates, why not arctic, is the 28th century climate too hot for it or is it in the ocean?

Has the land of 28th century earth become one continent? Away from the poles?

QuantumDelta
15-09-03, 17:11
Though the continents have moved a great deal, you could relate the neocron continent to africa in it's position, and places like south africa sank into the ocean.

basically it's a greenbelt area that leads up to the desert in the north, there is a continent north of that (mentioned in the storyline) where it is a frozen wasteland.
Generally, maybe a future expansion...
I would suspect DoY was mostly recovered to the Neocron Continent (the materials for the DoY Project that is.

Mantus
15-09-03, 17:13
Well considering NC's climate is somewhat tropical, realistically we would have to travel for quite a while until we reach even the temperate zones. Perhaps the only way to logically put snowflakes in this game is to create a mountainous area.

But personally I never like how snow looks in games. Actually I just don’t like snow in general…its probably because of where I live, I see enough of it outside as it is :p

extract
15-09-03, 17:21
Originally posted by Mantus
Perhaps the only way to logically put snowflakes in this game is to create a mountainous area.

there is..its called the area surrounding tech haven

QuantumDelta
15-09-03, 17:27
I'd love to see snow up on those mountains....specially if it could have footprints... doubt it'd ever happen though.

\\Fényx//
15-09-03, 17:31
The closest thing youll get to the ice of the artic in Neocron is Helen's wit on the forum O_o :p

(aww cmon... you know its true...)

QuantumDelta
15-09-03, 17:34
That was worse =p

hinch
15-09-03, 17:37
fenix has no humor :)

Psyco Groupie
15-09-03, 17:38
considering the amount of acid rain in the wastelands i'd guess the icecaps melted 800 years ago :P

(acid rain : weather neocronical)

:lol:

Marx
15-09-03, 17:39
You can run around in the desert pretending it's snow.

:D

jernau
15-09-03, 17:51
Considering how little regard KK have given to the backstory and how many climates already exist in such a small space they could just change any random sector to a snowfield really.

Scikar
15-09-03, 17:56
The place they found the Ceres disks wasn't very warm. :cool:

QuantumDelta
15-09-03, 17:58
But DoY isn't the place the found the discs, merely the place they ported the disc for analysis....

Scikar
15-09-03, 17:59
...but they got to that place on an expedition, and there's no mention of it being a separate continent, which would imply that there is a part of the NC continent which has arctic conditions? I didn't say it was where DoY was.

Birkoff
15-09-03, 18:04
Let New Tokyo have snow :)

(ETA 5 years)

Psyco Groupie
15-09-03, 19:33
lol .. or cityadmin isntall snowblowers around techhaven and it becomes a ski resort