PDA

View Full Version : NC Movie - Blind Droners

Bosk
15-09-03, 15:43
Here's my 3rd movie. I used my Pluto char to film it. It's a sort of tribute to droners, so listen to the words. The soundtrack is Blind by Korn.

Just a note - drones climb fastest when they're moving backwards while pointed at the ground. This factoid will explain my seeming fascination with dirt at various points. Also, there were no animals, plants, or mutants harmed during the filming of this movie.

The download takes around 2 minutes with cable broadband, so just right-click the link in my sig and select 'Save Target As' from the shortcut menu to check it out.

DON'T FORGET to come back to the thread to post your review! Thanks.

wolfwood
15-09-03, 15:51
interesting.

Shujin
15-09-03, 15:55
very nice ;] like the part where u go around his head and like teh song korn = pwn.

inspired me to delete my tank tonite and make a droner ;P
i got a TL 156 resser and TL 206 cnstr so i can get all the drones i need ;]

G.0.D.
15-09-03, 16:01
o.O errrm interesting... but when the drone was hovering over the people i was really starting 2 expect mad droner pking but ohh well.

Neat camera work, with the flying around the droners head thing., yeah

X Kitty X
15-09-03, 16:18
what drone is that you're using in the vid?

Bosk
15-09-03, 16:30
@Kitty - I was using a particle Nemesis drone on a TerrorMauler. I repair and hack so my combat skills are a little gimped at 52/68.

@G.O.D. - I went for dramatic effect here and played with the external camera angles a lot. PvP didn't seem to fit at the time I did the script. Not to mention that 6 on 1 would pwn my drone =p

garyu69
15-09-03, 16:42
hmmm, rather interesting it must be said.
I liked the start the best.

How do you actually make movies like that?

zonk
15-09-03, 17:17
Sigh

I only get audio while watching it with Mediaplayer.
I installed tons of codecs :(

Psyco Groupie
15-09-03, 17:26
your host sucks donkey - and if theres no ppu and or hes far away your gonna kill 3/4 of 6 before he can say .. look a graceful drone

nice vid .. lom your hightech man your damage sucks :P

Spy<VS>Spy
15-09-03, 18:40
i give this movie a 5 star rating, why? because of its intent realizm in that it doesnt in ANY way attempt to try and fuck with those people with that passive monk. because its completely useless....when i define completly useless, i mean, get out your combat knifes kids and have at it...

instead it shows what drones to best, whacking weaker mobs without being able to loot them from large distances away from your body and moving at very fast speeds.

it almost makes me want to be a droner again...but i like to kill people.

enablerbr
15-09-03, 18:44
well seeing as the community recently seems to have a thing for machinima. maybe KK could think about holding a machinima contest. it would make for some nice in game footage for advertising NC.

RuButt
15-09-03, 20:45
havnt seen teh moveh yet, so i thought ill brag some

I GOT THE KORN - RAGDOLL!! MWAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

John.nl
15-09-03, 21:27
I particularly like the back-and-up opening scene... sense of speed is breath taking. I think with this movie you've expressed the droning experience very very well. Excellent job!

Looking forward to see more drone clips!

PsiCorps
15-09-03, 21:35
IM SO BLI-IND, BLIND, BLEEYEYEYEEIDND

PsiCorps
15-09-03, 21:38
korn is the rox, ill do a solo mb raid to A.D.I.D.A.S or I did my time, sex0r

Disturbed021
15-09-03, 21:46
Right on! I liked it. Heh, just got finished watchin it a second time. I like when you were fightin the TM and cut back to your meatsack several times. Very dramatic and very real. I have 2 droner characters and you captured the realism perfectly imo.

Roc-a-fella
15-09-03, 21:48
wtf all i got was audio... ghey

Bosk
15-09-03, 22:02
To those of you who are getting only audio I apologize.

I used the Indeo video 5.04 codec which isn't available as a free download anymore. Microsoft stopped including it with Win2k or XP not sure which. Anyway some of the newer machines might have difficulty. I'll try to find a more universal codec next time.

Perhaps some suggestions?

Bosk
15-09-03, 22:03
Holy shit!!! they edited the link out of my sig!!!

I guess next time I'll just say I'm in a tribute band that records this shit in my garage... I worked damn hard on this and now its for shit.

John.nl
15-09-03, 22:50
Originally posted by Bosk

I guess next time I'll just say I'm in a tribute band that records this shit in my garage... I worked damn hard on this and now its for shit.

Waaaait a sec... your band created the music? Even more respect! Ok, if it's your own music, it must have been for the movie scenery although I doubt KK can claim copyright for their environment being taped (ingame scenery) you've been using in your movie. Probably a rare moderator mistake.

If the music is yours, the moderator owes you an apology.

Bosk
15-09-03, 23:02
No the music wasn't mine this time... but next time it will be.

enablerbr
15-09-03, 23:06
well DivX or Xvid codec would be a better bet for video.

as for the copyright issue. did some RIAA idiot stick a rocket up some mods .................

John.nl
15-09-03, 23:07
No the music wasn't mine this time... but next time it will be.

Ah ok then you should thank the moderator for protecting you from a possibly costly mistake :)

[TgR]KILLER
16-09-03, 00:52
a ffs man.. i saw this movie @ work.. well the link so i thought hell i'll donwload it tonight @ home.. and now its gone :'( bosk.. DM it to me if u still got the movie up somewere.. i still want to see it.. i loved the last one.

Shujin
16-09-03, 01:25

I guess next time I'll just say I'm in a tribute band that records this shit in my garage... I worked damn hard on this and now its for shit. all u gotta do is add credits to the end dude

if u add copyright info at the end or even in ur sig, it should be perfectly fine. just gotta make sure everyone knows who the songs by and the copyrights to the song

Jaggeh
16-09-03, 17:13
pm me link plz

i dont why your got banned and the white lines one didnt :/

Richard Adregen
16-09-03, 17:48
Can someone PM me the link too? Thx in advance.

RA.

WebShock
16-09-03, 19:07
can i get a pm with the link. i want to see the fuckin movie!

Det0x
17-09-03, 02:16
can you plz PM me the link also

Lethal Virus
17-09-03, 02:23
PM me the link too please.

Bosk
17-09-03, 04:24
I made a few calls and got the band together to pump out a new soundtrack for the movie. I had to call in some favors as its the middle of the week and these guys have day jobs, but it was worth it. I still think the original soundtrack did a better job of promoting Neocron, but if I can't use the Korn tune then that's life.

Anyone that was able to download the original version before it got banned by the forum mods should still check out the new version. IMHO its worth the download, but...

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that the new music isn't gonna synch as perfectly with the video as the original did.

The file is about 3 meg smaller due to the DivX codec I used to recompile the file. If you still only get audio then the DivX Codec (http://www.divx.com/divx/) is available as a free download for anyone that needs it.

The link to the modified, fully forum compliant version of my 'Neocron - Blind Droner' movie is in my sig. Just right click on it and select 'Save Target As' from the shortcut menu.

Enjoy!

http://home.comcast.net/~mcrounds/RIAA.jpg

enablerbr
17-09-03, 04:31
Bosk a improvised cover version of the orig tune by your band would have been ok. in tems of the copyright ban. ;)

thewarrior008
17-09-03, 04:34
iv expected some drone action by killing runners... but tats just me

MayhemMike
17-09-03, 04:58
bosk > you , nuff siad.