PDA

View Full Version : Mobs on the zone wall

LTA
15-09-03, 15:15
Ok so today i bit the bullet, specced my spy some VHC purchased a 4x4 and went to goto get sopme leveling ops.
Now i am 50ish skill but not much con being a droner n all so how fan fcuking tastic it is to zone and watch in sync as a hoverbot camped right on the zone wall toasts me...

Can you not make some distance limit for mobs away from the zone wall, at least if i wasnt in sync i may have been able to zoom outta there but i doubt it as it took the bot no more than 2 hits to toast my spy straight out his jeep.

Now its not the fact i died as much but now i am unable to level my char, i have no leveling spots my jeep will be sat under a hoverbot for a good hour and i am screwed untill then and i have like 10 agil specced, so running to it will take a good half hour then actually getting it no chance.....

So could something be done about it... or do you actrually want me to log of for hours at a time waiting for my jeep to respawn :/

phunqe
15-09-03, 15:26
Was it south of of Foster perhaps? :p

Anyway, have you tried dismissing the vehicle from a depot? It should work :)

LTA
15-09-03, 15:28
Originally posted by phunqe
Was it south of of Foster perhaps? :)

Anyway, have you tried dismissing the vehicle from a depot? It should work :)

Tried dismissing but it didnt work for me, thought that was how it's been, can't dismiss unless in the same zone.

And nah it was just as i zoned into the redrock zone, i know hovers are in that zone but i don't expect em all sat on the border to catch me in sync :(

phunqe
15-09-03, 15:38
Originally posted by LTA
...can't dismiss unless in the same zone...

Is it that way by default?
I'm no driver myself so I don't know for sure, but I always thought you could dismiss vehicles no matter where they are.

Lathuc
15-09-03, 16:00
you can only dismiss them when they are in the same zone

Bosk
15-09-03, 16:21
Similar thing happened to me. I was riding my hoverbike in the mountains and drove into a ravine that was split between two zones. Each time I tried to drive out of the ravine my bike slid backwards and zoned. After about 4 times of this happening I synched out. Logged back on to find myself dead under a swarm of about 8 hoverbombers. It looked pretty cool.