PDA

View Full Version : Up the mob spawn rates on pluto to make it the same as everywhere else!

evs
15-09-03, 13:36
I maybe strange, but funnily enough i like hunting mobs.

On saturn, there's an absolute abundance of them - places like gabanium and grant are loaded with mobs, and over avenger there's at least 3 hover mobs at any one time.

Same with TG canyon with all its fire mobs, loads of mutants that spawn heading towards the mutant church in OZ 2, - including right before oz 3 which is an agressor heaven.

But on pluto - my god...... sometimes i have to wander miles before finding a single mob.

Why does saturn have so much more? Even in graves they have at least double or perhaps triple the amount of snakes....

If anyone is unsure of this - please check for yourself!

Please up the mob count on pluto at least double, and make it more interesting for us solo hunters.

Lucjan
15-09-03, 13:49
Noticed that too, esp. when I compare Pluto's mobs to Jupiter's.
But then, Pluto usualy has 1/3 of the players there, in case of Saturn it would be more like 1/2. Where I'm heading to is: some areas would be pretty hard to solo with a doubled mob rate and finding teams on a server with a population between 50 and 220 max might be a problem...

Oath
15-09-03, 13:55
Originally posted by evs
I maybe strange, but funnily enough i like hunting mobs.

On saturn, there's an absolute abundance of them - places like gabanium and grant are loaded with mobs, and over avenger there's at least 3 hover mobs at any one time.

Same with TG canyon with all its fire mobs, loads of mutants that spawn heading towards the mutant church in OZ 2, - including right before oz 3 which is an agressor heaven.

But on pluto - my god...... sometimes i have to wander miles before finding a single mob.

Why does saturn have so much more? Even in graves they have at least double or perhaps triple the amount of snakes....

If anyone is unsure of this - please check for yourself!

Please up the mob count on pluto at least double, and make it more interesting for us solo hunters.

You ever play on uranus o.0

Tis the lack of spawndom centre. normally they spawn when you least expect it, like 4 Wb;s right behind you.

Sorontar
15-09-03, 14:45
Last week I created a monkeh on Saturn just to see what they are like , and promptly started on the rat missions .

Now when I go in the sewers on Pluto I have to hunt for the little gits , I go on Saturn and its like a scene from a James Herbert novel. Its crawling with 'em.

If this is any indication of what you mean , then hunting on Saturn must be sooooo much more fun.

SigmaDraconis
15-09-03, 14:55
AFAIK spawn rates are based on server populations..thats why Plutos spawn sucks..but there are still places with garunteed spawns...most people know about them..camping them is such a horrible problem on Pluto :(

erm rats always spawn too.....

Psyco Groupie
15-09-03, 14:57
ONOZ TEH CAPS LOCK MORONS HAVE CRAP SPAWN RATE!!

ericdraven
15-09-03, 15:04
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
AFAIK spawn rates are based on server populations..thats why Plutos spawn sucks..but there are still places with garunteed spawns...most people know about them..camping them is such a horrible problem on Pluto :(

erm rats always spawn too.....
In that case Uranus must have the shittiest spawn rate of all servers.. but i do not recognize this at all. :)

QuantumDelta
15-09-03, 16:17
Originally posted by ericdraven
In that case Uranus must have the shittiest spawn rate of all servers.. but i do not recognize this at all. :)

What he said.
There are a greay many popular/unpopular hunting spots with great spawn rates.

icarium
15-09-03, 19:13
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
ONOZ TEH CAPS LOCK MORONS HAVE CRAP SPAWN RATE!!

either you posted on the wrong thread or you have no sense of irony :confused:

evs is right mob spawn is screwed on pluto, if its based on population tho, thats probably why :(

SigmaDraconis
15-09-03, 19:48
Originally posted by QuantumDelta
What he said.
There are a greay many popular/unpopular hunting spots with great spawn rates.

Same thing is true on Pluto...certain places spawn like mad 24/7 it seems, the rest usually seemed pretty tied into populations.

ericdraven
15-09-03, 19:56
Originally posted by SigmaDraconis
Same thing is true on Pluto...certain places spawn like mad 24/7 it seems, the rest usually seemed pretty tied into populations.
Well, that's the "problem" - people don't recognize (or don't WANT to, or are too lazy or whatever) that there are more level spots than CRP, Gaba or MB.

icarium
15-09-03, 21:12
Originally posted by ericdraven
Well, that's the "problem" - people don't recognize (or don't WANT to, or are too lazy or whatever) that there are more level spots than CRP, Gaba or MB.

the only one of those places i have ever levelled is MB till i got sick of getting ganked lol. there ARE lots of good places to level i found a few on saturn and from experience the mobs on pluto seem to be less numerous

Disturbed021
15-09-03, 21:30
Originally posted by Sorontar
Last week I created a monkeh on Saturn just to see what they are like , and promptly started on the rat missions .

Now when I go in the sewers on Pluto I have to hunt for the little gits , I go on Saturn and its like a scene from a James Herbert novel. Its crawling with 'em.

If this is any indication of what you mean , then hunting on Saturn must be sooooo much more fun.

I have played on Saturn, Pluto and now Uranus and have not noticed a BIG difference in spawn rates. Rats always spawn in the same spots in the Via and Plaza Sewers on Saturn, Pluto and Uranus. I've never had a problem finding rats on any of these servers :p I think there is 2 or 3 different sewer maps in Via and Plaza and they have at least 1 or 2 spots where rats consistently spawn depending on the map.

For bigger mobs I have been droning the Graves on Uranus alot lately (need to cap my droner damnit:D). And even when the server population is 40:( there are shitloads of Snakes for me to kill, so maybe you have been going to spots that are just resently cleared?

Mantus
15-09-03, 21:51
I am absolutely positive that mob spawns are influenced by the number of people in the zone.

For example if you try to do aggressor missions at 12:00 AM and get a cellar with no people in it, only one of the two aggressors will spawn back and even then it takes a long time. If you go to I_06 (Cyclops pit) while there are newbies leveling there, its Warbot heaven they re-spawn at a huge rate. Hint to clans: take your newbies there while other members warbot farm.

Another thing to keep in mind is that in certain zones the spawns are completely random while in others only a certain mob will spawn in one spot. So when hunting warbots make sure to kill every techmob you see cuz chances are that cyberhounds you dont wana waste your bullets on is hogging a Warbot spawn.