PDA

View Full Version : Neocron and Linux

Legoias
15-09-03, 12:42
I know there have been posts about this before (i will do a little search later today) But I just wanted to Know how many people play Neocron on a Linux system and if they *think* it's more stable etc.

So if you wouldn'y mind posting your linux installation (redhat etc) and what you think.

Cheers.

Lethal Virus
15-09-03, 13:29
I ran it on Linux a few times. On RedHat 9 with Transgaming WineX or whatever it is.

Stable? Thats a different question. NO, It's unsable as crap.

J. Folsom
15-09-03, 13:32
If you do a search (Using the forum's own search option) for "Neocron" and "Linux" you should be able to find a bunch of threads about this subject as well, as far as I'm aware though, Neocon cannot currently be run properly under any variation of Linux.

Vampire222
15-09-03, 13:33
lunix is t3h suxx0rs!!!

J. Folsom
15-09-03, 13:43
As an addition, this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70415) probably contains the most English information about running Neocron under Linux. There's some German threads as well, though those are useless if you don't speak German (Since Babblefish isn't much good at translating the more technical talk)

djskum
15-09-03, 14:29
Emulators suck. But Linux doesn't! I have an XP gaming machine but I do all my real computing on my Nandrake box. But I really wouldn't run NC in an emulation environment.

DjSKum

Malek
17-09-03, 02:27
Bluntly put, it doesn't work mainly cause of font renderings... not to mention only half of the users for WineX can get connected while the other half cannot. However the biggest issue is the font rendering...

Legoias
17-09-03, 02:31
TBH it was just out of curiosity, i wanted to build a 2nd box and run linux and I thought it might be useful if i could run neocron on the winXP box and the linux box.

Thanks for all the input guys