PDA

View Full Version : [Saturn - Tangent] whats wrong with the attitude?

Al3X
15-09-03, 11:07
yesterday the clan im in got the message "Outpost Tyron Under Attack, Security Layer 1 Disabled". i immediatly relogged to my pe and went there to check out whats going on...

*i stealthed in and spotted 4 tg: a ppu, an apu, a spy and a tank. i notified the clan and faction channel about it but no one responded. i managed to take down the apu and the spy but the ppu rezzed them each time i managed to get the upper hand.. i got shocked and damage boosted so i stealthed and tried to reach a safe spot... still asking for support in clanchat for re-enforcement but no one came for help.. after 5 minutes of chasing i died and they hacked the rest of the op...

*after poking i went to krupp cause i had the suspection they would take that op to.. *still* whining for re-enforcements an apu joined my side and we fought them together... same problem, cause every time we got the upper hand their ppu rezzed/healed/rebuffed them... after 15 minutes playing cat and mouse i died again... and they took the 2end op too.

*crest: our last op remaining had to be their next goal, no doubt bout that... still asking around on faction channel and clan channel for re-enforcements, but no one wanted to fight anymore... so i went there on my own *again* and slowded them down as much as i could, still hoping that someone would come and help...
no one came though.. and i died again... our last op was gone... great :rolleyes:

the leader of our clan got pissed and started shouting in clan & faction channel (it scared me, she's always a nice person with infinite patience so she had to be really really really pissed O_o ) most reply's were like "stfu noob", "hey im too weak to fight, stfu", "who do you think you are", "why would we care" "your ignored" :rolleyes:

*a few hours later i managed to get some ppl ready to retake the ops, after some peptalk we got 8 people together, and headed to tyron for a re-take... first hack went smoothly.. though we knew that after the first hack the gates of hell would open... i was the one who hacked the second layer... still no resistance.. i asked some guys to check the underground: as soon as they went down they got killed by a group of tg... it took like a minute or 2 and everyone remaining was dead... after that, everyone was like "they are to strong", "we'll get it later". *sigh* :rolleyes:

what bothers me:
*in case an op is under attack, almost no one is willing to fight for it....
*even if someone comes to help, most of them leave after they die
*in case we are trying to get an op, everyone gives up after they get killed (no second waves)

note: its not always like this, but most of the time it goes simular to this... there are times when ppl are willing to fight.. but those "YEAH LETS KICK THEIR ASS"-situations become pretty rare.

hajoan
15-09-03, 11:13
You fight without a PPU?
You should need a few levelups for your intelligence skill!
Maybe this would help?

The others got a PPU, so you had no chance.
Didnīt you kneew this?

On the other hand... donīt think this situation is only for TT.
For other fractions it is the same :(

Tip: Levelup a own PPU.
Then genrep to the outpost in godmode ;)
Freeze every hacker untill death with Holy Paralyze.

So the ops will be yours till the end of the server.

bounty
15-09-03, 11:14
Battles aren't as volitile as they used to be.

Richard Slade
15-09-03, 11:17
Well obviously TT are morons, just leave them, go FA instead, we're so used to damn TT now that we stick together.

Al3X
15-09-03, 11:18
Originally posted by hajoan
You fight without a PPU?
Maybe this would help?

Didnīt you kneew this?

On the other hand... donīt think this situation is only for TT.
For other fractions it is the same :(

i asked for ppu support but no one was online/wanted to help. when we launched an assault on tyron there was a ppu though... not that it helped much cause like 6 enemy's jumped on him :rolleyes:

Al3X
15-09-03, 11:20
Originally posted by Richard Slade
Well obviously TT are morons, just leave them, go FA instead, we're so used to damn TT now that we stick together.

im quiet loyal to my faction.. i dont leave because i cant win (usually lick my wounds and then *try* to fight back)
there are too many ppl already who leave their faction just because the only like the game as long as they are on the winning side...

Richard Slade
15-09-03, 11:22
Originally posted by Al3X
im quiet loyal to my faction.. i dont leave because i cant win (usually lick my wounds and then *try* to fight back)
there are too many ppl already who leave their faction just because the only like the game as long as they are on the winning side...

I can't say I care shit about winning or losing no... Not at all to be honest.
But I do want someone to stand up for me when I get into trouble (Read: Random PK, harrassment and such)

Al3X
15-09-03, 11:33
I can't say I care shit about winning or losing no... Not at all to be honest.
But I do want someone to stand up for me when I get into trouble (Read: Random PK, harrassment and such)

thats the big issue: barely anyone stands up in case of trouble

Richard Slade
15-09-03, 11:34
Originally posted by Al3X
thats the big issue: barely anyone stands up in case of trouble

And that's why I wouldn't touch TT with an eleven foot pole since they just don't.
TG, FA and CA are the best in that case IMO

Scikar
15-09-03, 11:38
I'll tell you why nobody responded from the faction. Because people now hate the Templars. My brother has always been Tangent, and he's been in Templars for a long time. And I am disgusted by the way Templars acted when he left to help start Final Dusk. Also he has told me how many a time he's been hunting at MB when a TG raid starts, and when he asks for help in faction chat none of the Templars were ever willing to help out.

What I've heard is only from secondary sources, but if it's true, then you have absolutely no right to complain at all.

Al3X
15-09-03, 11:40
And that's why I wouldn't touch TT with an eleven foot pole since they just don't.
TG, FA and CA are the best in that case IMO

when we launched the counter attack on tyron 6 tg jumped us in less then 3 minutes O_o.. getting 6 ppl together at tangent would take forever O_o

Richard Slade
15-09-03, 11:41
Originally posted by Scikar
I'll tell you why nobody responded from the faction. Because people now hate the Templars. My brother has always been Tangent, and he's been in Templars for a long time. And I am disgusted by the way Templars acted when he left to help start Final Dusk. Also he has told me how many a time he's been hunting at MB when a TG raid starts, and when he asks for help in faction chat none of the Templars were ever willing to help out.

What I've heard is only from secondary sources, but if it's true, then you have absolutely no right to complain at all.

Oh oh! I can add up on the Templars!
Once made a TT tankOr (silly me) thhat joineed up with them
Well two days later SOMEONE booted me cuz I was too sarcastic..
:wtf:
"Too sarcastic" those words are in my head

FFS who isn't sarcastic and how dry do u have to be do not see the humour in sarcasm?! :mad:

Al3X
15-09-03, 11:46
Originally posted by Scikar
I'll tell you why nobody responded from the faction. Because people now hate the Templars. My brother has always been Tangent, and he's been in Templars for a long time. And I am disgusted by the way Templars acted when he left to help start Final Dusk.

only 2 ppl from templars left to join nd, both of them had stolen stuff.. to remind you what happened here's the story: http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74675

and when he asks for help in faction chat none of the Templars were ever willing to help out
i ALWAYS (if im online off course) come to help when someone pk's at mb, because i hate it when ppl just kill lowbies because they are bored

Original monk
15-09-03, 12:14
Yeah i know what youre talkin about mate, op-wise saturn is shit, attitude in saturn is shit, got me depressed so much that i NEVER go to OP fights again. Last time i went to a OP-fight i genrepped 14 times, without seein an enemy, they where sendin me from the farest east to the farest west corner of the map, last genrep i did: i ask is it clear, they say yes, i genrep in and there is about 24 TG waitin fo me at the other side of the genrep, i genrepped away (15th genrep) with about 4 hp and 88 synaptic by that time witouth even shootin 1 shot, and when ya get there you are there with 3 people vs 224 so, no ty...

Helen Angilley
15-09-03, 12:21
[Saturn - Twilight Guardian] What's wrong with the attitude?

o_O

Richard Slade
15-09-03, 12:31
Originally posted by Helen Angilley

o_O

In that case I wouldn't put them all in the same spot

Since like 10/100 of TG on Saturn are bitches the rest are damn nice too their own kind I tell you that

[Faction Chat - Crahn]
Runner1:We got a PK in TG!
Runner2:Where? Name and rank and weapons?!
Runner1: By the first shop! [Insert catchy name] ranked somewhere high.. Two *!
He's a pistol PE
Runner2:Aight, anyone helping??
Runner1:No not yet!
Runner2:Aight! Calling TG
Runner3:OMW
Runner4:Let's crack some skulls!
*10secs later about 7 monks 5tanks and a few PEs and spies TG, Crahn and FA, no one cares about hostility between Crahn and FA in those moments, are camping the elevator the PKer ran up into and won't let him/her down*

Well TG is quite a good place to be actually
But as said there are a certain few who messes it all up
(Being TG and PKed in a cave with 2hp left after dealing with mobs and having a CS up ur butt by another TG is just so gay..)

GurTjaN
15-09-03, 12:36
i agree its sad Tangent should be more of a team together
the game is about teamplay and theyre lots of good tangent guys
wunder why the didnt help ... at least al3x went on his own and tried something

Doc Holliday
15-09-03, 12:36
switch out the faction and the clan mate. if people cant be arsed to come help or log off after they die it aint worth it. in a meaningless street fight yeah maybe but defending your own ops and people make bullshit excuses is plain lame. if i was clan leader for stuff like that people would be lookin for new clans.

Stigmata
15-09-03, 12:53

? Another dig helen ?

Well this seems very much like another thread thats just gonna turn into a flame thread about the TG clan i am in.

FD or whatever their name is, is in no way connected to ND and would not be, becuase as former FA (NAT most of us) we have always been bitter enemies with TT.

When i saw someone with the clan tag mentioned i thought it was just someone taking the piss, which is really is.

Im sorry for your loss, i have had this happen to me in my previous 4 clans (Once down to the database error/stephen bast...lets not go into that)

But it a part of the game and a best prevention to this is for the clan leader to hold all rares/expensive weps/chips etc and have your apt cab full of BP's and non expensive items.

The current Apt Access for ND is only 3 maybe 4 people have access and these are the people that would not steal/take anything.

To finish Please do not connect ND with FD

Andy

Al3X
15-09-03, 13:00
Originally posted by stigmata
Well this seems very much like another thread thats just gonna turn into a flame thread about the TG clan i am in.

Please do not connect ND with FD

Andy

andy, plz stay on topic, this has nothing to do with the stealing, or with nd, or with fd... but about tt in general....

@doc holliday
im not giving up that easy... if everyone would just leave tt because they are acting like pussy's then they will stay pussy's... if everyone would had an attitude like that (ooh i forgot, most have already :rolleyes: ) tt would die... the only way to get tt back on track is too involve everyone in whats happening... if they dont know whats going on then they also cant care about it.

J. Folsom
15-09-03, 13:06
You actually just managed to state all the reasons why I left TT in favor of FA some time ago; most people in TT seem to be uninclined towards helping others in TT, I'm not sure why that is, but it's how it is.

And before anyone comments; I only left to FA because I wanted to join Saturn's droner clan, not because I wanted to be friendly with TG that's just an added bonus.

Stigmata
15-09-03, 13:08
to quote myself
Im sorry for your loss, i have had this happen to me in my previous 4 clans (Once down to the database error/stephen bast...lets not go into that)

But it a part of the game and a best prevention to this is for the clan leader to hold all rares/expensive weps/chips etc and have your apt cab full of BP's and non expensive items.

The current Apt Access for ND is only 3 maybe 4 people have access and these are the people that would not steal/take anything.

this is on topic.

Further more i cannot really comment on TT becuase i have never been TT, but i know TG faction channel is used when a clan need assistance, and since the day when all the TG ops where hacked people generally turn up 9/10.
(took a day for people to realise they had to do some of the work themselves though)

But i guess TT players have never experienced a pretty much open map for them to GR anywhere to, so maybe they are less willing to assist if they see it as inevitable that they will be taken back/beaten (going off TT track record)

Andy

Al3X
15-09-03, 13:18
Originally posted by stigmata
Further more i cannot really comment on TT becuase i have never been TT, but i know TG faction channel is used when a clan need assistance, and since the day when all the TG ops where hacked people generally turn up 9/10.
(took a day for people to realise they had to do some of the work themselves though)

thats the point.. loads of ppl dont realize that they have to fight for what they want.. not just taking an op and then relaxing, no: fighting, defending, AND dieing (a lot in case your on your own :rolleyes: )
tt has the most (or one of the most) nr of players.... a lot more then tg, thats for sure... but the big difference is that when someone from tg is in trouble, their mates are on the way to help... something that barely happens when a tt has trouble. if tt members would be more dedicated we could at least stand a _very fair_ chance.

Parker
15-09-03, 13:41
Scikar - I've always admired your posts on the forum but your comments on the situation concerning FD/Templars & TT are wide off the mark. I don't think this forum though is the place to open up all the crap which happened last week. Let me direct you in game sometime and we can chat.

TT are slowly improving - a few of us are getting organised and things are *slowly* beginning to change. The Templars lost their ops yesterday - this happens and we'll get them back soon enough (the very fact that we had ops to lose is something in the right direction - no other city faction has (apart from one Tsunami op - which I think is protected by TG?).

I think for a lot of TT op owning is a new thing - and op wars are a new part of the game and a lot of learning needs to be done.

Give us time and we'll provide a worthy adversary to TG. (and that I think is in everybody's interest - pro & anti city ....)

John Parker (Templars Pilgrim)

djskum
15-09-03, 14:16
You could try and hire some Mercs if you need support. We're very reasonably priced. Please see your local CM representative for details... ;-)

DjSKum

Al3X
15-09-03, 14:22
its not about i want to own these ops, its just that tt needs to get back on track... if it was just for me to own ops, then i would have joined tg or fa or cm...

Scikar
15-09-03, 14:24
Like I said, the info I've heard is only from secondary sources, therefore I don't know whether it is true or not. However I am inclined to believe my brother when he says he didn't steal anything. The whole incident I feel will never be fully settled because nobody has any evidence, thus it is even more astonishing that Templars took such drastic action given the difficulties they would then face (and in fact are facing) with trying to justify their actions in order to receive support from their faction.

The thread which was posted was entirely one sided, I did not see any of the members of FD given a chance to defend themselves, every post was either someone external making a comment or a Templar posting his side of the story.

Parker, I will send you a DM ingame when I next have the chance.

Scikar
15-09-03, 14:25
[NC forums - Helen Angilley] What's wrong with the attitude?

$tormbringer
15-09-03, 14:26
lo Al3X

its sad that u dont get support in your faction we would have had more fun with more ppl there =) uhm and the thing that 6 ppl of us gred immadiatly there is that we are one clan and have team speak :O

but i have to say yesterday was phun execpt the mercs.. we hacked some merc ops and they didnt came i hate that...

and dj hey if u want to suport em sure will be fun fighting the mercs ^^

with kind regards $tormbringer - Pistol Spy - STFU

Al3X
15-09-03, 14:28
scikar - stay on topic plz - if you dont believe me about your little brothers "stealing" then pm your email adres, i think i have a screenie where he admitted that he stole it in front of 5 templars.
if you want to discuss this with me then plz dont do it on the boards, pm me or dm me ingame (roadtonowhere or catcher)

LTA
15-09-03, 14:30
it's this fear of death most people have.

They think that it's a major problem or have some deep fear of it.

Nothing is lost just need a few pokes it's no biggy, any fight i can help with i try to get there and muck in :p

djskum
15-09-03, 14:35
Originally posted by $tormbringer

but i have to say yesterday was phun execpt the mercs.. we hacked some merc ops and they didnt came i hate that...

and dj hey if u want to suport em sure will be fun fighting the mercs ^^

What time did you take the Merc Ops? We usually respond to that sort of thing. But most of us are Euro's and as such go be bed between 12-2am on week nights all cuddled up with our carebears ;-).

Yeah we love fighting almost as much as we love money. What faction are you? TG? Coz' if you are I'll see you on the battlefield.

respect

DjSKum

$tormbringer
15-09-03, 14:37
dj im german :O

uhm i think we took em yesterday like 12am till 4pm we took hawkins/emmerson/avenger when we noticed that no mercs came we stopped coz its no fun taking ops without any nmes...

uhm times in cet :P

VetteroX
15-09-03, 14:38
I remeber op wars were mostr fon for me around winter time. I dont remeber their being any apus or ppus... just hybreds, and i remeber being able to kill most of them 1vs1. There were huge op wars, and I had a lot of fun. I remeber when I had to say "come on, lets go fight!" in Tech, and it was always me and the same few people fighting and the same people sitting around. I remeber the crack heads actually started helping us in op wars, and we kicked a member of Tech out because he was crying the crackheads killed him, but he never helped at op wars and the guys killing him did, so we kicked his ass out. Rule was make yourslef usefule or shut the hell up and get the fuck out. Thats the attitude you should have. If your really low, let em level... but if you can use holy energy beam, tl 88 raygun, or speed gun, get the hell over and help. At least you can be a meat shild for the higher levels so they can kill people, then you can be ressed later. Just kick people out who dont help at op wars, or dont give em any help. "oh you need some clan money for new stuff? did you help at last op war? no? no $ for you bitch, next time help" Thats how you handle it.

I think a problem though is PPU's. Before ppus, you always had a chance. Now if you have 7 guys no ppu and they have 4 including a ppu, your going to lose. seems for the past months a ppu is needed in taking an op as much as a ahcker is, and if no ppus around, that demorized a lot of people.

SigmaDraconis
15-09-03, 14:45
Originally posted by hajoan
You fight without a PPU?
Maybe this would help?

Didnīt you kneew this?

"

sigh...I love this type of mentality......

Al3X from yur first post it seems like a clan type of thing not a TT issue :(

I for one am quite used to not getting 'Faction' help, but my clanmates have always been there.

Man u got attacked by an APU a PPU a spy and a tank...wish I'd get that lucky, we're usually dealing with..2 APU 2-6 PPU and 2+ tank/pe/spy ;D

extract
15-09-03, 16:19
Me personaly I detest the idea of OP wars, I think its a waste of time and a ruin of equipment for nothing(as most OPs get ninja hacked back anyways) not to mention I get serious lag and horrible FPS ANYWHERE in the gameit makes it almost impossible to engage in any battle where its more than 1v1 let alone 10v10, Id be completely and utterly useless on any of my chars, THAT is why I dont go to OP wars.......and as far as the fear of dying yea that sucks but the cool thing about OP zones is theyre all warzones and u dont drop shit(unless youre red soulight of course).....so who cares....a few pokes and your in and back out there again...no worries...OP wars are just not for me

Mattimeo
15-09-03, 17:27
I thought ops were clan issues and not faction issues? Spaming over faction, since I'm an LE'd runner, is just going to make sure I put you on my ignore list (seeing as I can't turn faction off, and I couldn't help if I wanted to).

Maybe if you want to hold ops you should find a better clan or something? I really don't know, I don't do op wars.

maybe my information is wrong, are ops owned by entire factions, or just clans?

Eledhbrant
15-09-03, 17:40
Alex, to be on topic

That day at Tyron I had logged in for 5 mins to show my cousin the game, I got the same message "blah blah Tyron security barrier 1 down" so I GRed in (I'm PPU as people know), was greeted by an APU and PE (enemies) and could see you not too far away with your hands full.

The APU kept antishielding and I kept recasting - guess what - synced out, connection failed. Couldnt get back on, managed to reconnect after some HOURS, and obviously I was dead at Tyron.

Pity I never even got to throw a shelter at you :/

But I tried... I did

mdares
15-09-03, 18:06
Hey alex u got a good atitute about all this even when no one helps. Hell i know how it is; had it happen to me too so its not "just TT" thing is u just gotta live with it and keep going...

Al3X
15-09-03, 19:01
Originally posted by Eledhbrant
Alex, to be on topic

That day at Tyron I had logged in for 5 mins to show my cousin the game, I got the same message "blah blah Tyron security barrier 1 down" so I GRed in (I'm PPU as people know), was greeted by an APU and PE (enemies) and could see you not too far away with your hands full.

The APU kept antishielding and I kept recasting - guess what - synced out, connection failed. Couldnt get back on, managed to reconnect after some HOURS, and obviously I was dead at Tyron.

Pity I never even got to throw a shelter at you :/

But I tried... I did

yeah i know.. your one of the guy's that always helps in case of trouble, i really appreciate that... your not the only one though (*THANK GOD*), but situations like yesterday do show how bad it can be... way to unorganised, and a morale of nothing.

Parker
15-09-03, 19:54
Mattimeo

GRs were just clan things - they aren't anymore.
Two things changed - the first was faction chat. The second was that GRs are now locked by the clan owning them.

When we've held ops we've kept them open for the entire *faction* (and also allies) - most clans do the same. When you're travelling to your levelling spot by a GR you're doing so because somebody took and held the op.

So - faction chat is there for people to request support. (and putting somebody on ignore for actually supporting the faction you belong to sounds a bit odd to me)

John

Xin
15-09-03, 20:00
Fuzzy Animals and Templars are always at each other's throats.. they're excellent fun to PvP with. They used to be JASC (Just another shitty clan) but since Slaughter and Eld teamed together they've become quite a force.

My problem with TT was that TT is a n00b faction. Not to say there's not a lot of experienced players there who handily kick my ass, but just that if you do careful reading of the supplied manuals, TT comes out as the clear cut winner as the "easiest" faction for people new to the game.

I joined Fallen Angels with the sole intent of joining Fuzzy, to get involved with op fights - TG still left a bitter taste in my mouth, and FA was the logical step.

It's a helluva paradigm shift to see TT as the enemy, to suddenly notice that Black Dragon actually has runners in it, and to help TG players... but it's a lot more fun than TT was, as of a couple months ago.

On a related note, did anyone notice that DRE had an OP on saturn the other night? Never seen that before :)

PsiCorps
15-09-03, 20:14
Originally posted by Helen Angilley

o_O
theres a difference, we dont suck.

Clownst0pper
15-09-03, 20:36
Funny you should mention this, Red Symphony (BD) were in the middle of retaking our Northern Ops from FA, when I noticed you were loosing your OP's one by one, I figured Tangent had no members online, So didnt think any more of it.

The whole situation on Saturn is just on negative thinking, Something myself and Jineko's clan trys to get round. We dont need PPU's to win, we know we dont. Thats not to say there not a major help.

As for tangent not helping, when there are members online, well, I would start to question your members as to whether they are in your clan out of convenience, or genuinly to help you out.

If not, Join a different faction, they will soon realise what there missing.

Next time direct myself (kreole) or (Jineko) and we will rally our Troops no problem (Im PPU so thats one already) :D

Eledhbrant
15-09-03, 20:50
Originally posted by Xin
On a related note, did anyone notice that DRE had an OP on saturn the other night? Never seen that before :)

Yes i noticed, Unspoken held Redrock Mine, Myself and Slaughter did go to defend it at one stage with them, was fun :) Shame the OP was gone in the morning.

Btw Xin thanks for the compliment :)

Xin
15-09-03, 21:00
Originally posted by Eledhbrant
Btw Xin thanks for the compliment :)

Deserved! Slaughter helped me on the TT epic (in this case, "helped" means "showed me where to go, kept me alive, pwned everything in our path") so he already had my respect... but after you two cleaned out TH the other day - ouch.

Let me recap the final battle: 5 FAs vs. Slaughter and Eld; our spy drops (no surprise there) as we back them up to the GR. Slaughter dies while trying to GR, Eld stands there sucking up plasma like candy while he loots Slaughter's belt for him, then GRs out just as the antibuff hits him. So we ended up with Slaughter's tags and a bunch of dead Fallen Angels.

Eledhbrant
15-09-03, 21:05
So THAT's why I hit 70 health just as I hit "OK"...heh was looking at the GR not at you lot at that stage.

Good thing I looted his belt too, PA3...ouch :)

Was great fun anyway :D

Anyway better get back on topic before Nid smacks us:

situations like yesterday do show how bad it can be... way to unorganised, and a morale of nothing.

Yeah...I know, I try to boost the morale sometimes, it usually doesnt work, if their heart isnt in believing they can win, they usually won't. They'll fight half assed and just die. It sucks.

slaughteruall
16-09-03, 15:26
but since Slaughter and Eld teamed together they've become quite a force

Damn thanks man. Yeah eled and i have been having alot of fun doing TH and TG raids. Even done quite a bit of OP defending just the 2 of us. Like the other day (at gravis i think). We GR'd into the UG buffed up and ended up killing 5 APU's 2 PPU's and 2 Tanks. We had one hell of a laugh that night got some good screenies that i can post after i get off of work. Wont mention any names at that battle must of been one hell of a shock to that force. Had to anti-buff the red suited PPU twice to take him down.

Slaughter

BTW Xin
Yeah i forgot about that. That was a blast. I had to go back later to do the 3rd misson myself later the next day.