PDA

View Full Version : No Synaptic Impairment, More GRs.

Psycho_Soldier
15-09-03, 09:45
I suggest Synaptic Impairment be removed completely from the game and more GRs be put in, in areas that clans can't control them. This would increase more op wars. Its not really fun to sit around waiting for the enemy clan to come back. Why must this game just cater only to people with alot of time on their hands? What do you people think?

athon
15-09-03, 09:51
Agreed. Plus GRs in the underground so we can spawn there retrieve our backpacks.

Athon Solo

Psycho_Soldier
15-09-03, 10:02
Ya, the reason why I make this thread is because, I will be either moving and getting a new job soon or just getting a new job.. I realize, that I wont have time to play 10 hours a day like I use to. I also realized, that it would be alot more active and more fun if people with not alot of time (the ones who have the money) but want alot of fun, could play for a couple hours or so and actually have quite a bit of fun PvPing. I know that if I only had a couple hours a day to play NC, it wouldn't be worth playing.

Shadow Dancer
15-09-03, 10:07
I also think SI shouldn't even be there. I honestly don't see the point in it. :confused:

Except after death........

SypH
15-09-03, 10:35
Well since your body has been taken apart molecule by molecule, transported a great distance, then put back together its only to be expectec that runners should be a bit disorientated after it. SI is there for that reason. The only thing I want SI decreases for (not removed, just decreased) is for Lomming.

Lucjan
15-09-03, 12:04
Originally posted by SypH
Well since your body has been taken apart molecule by molecule, transported a great distance, then put back together its only to be expectec that runners should be a bit disorientated after it. SI is there for that reason. The only thing I want SI decreases for (not removed, just decreased) is for Lomming.

Erm...yes...but, Venture Warp does pretty much do the same to a runner's body yet no SI. Same for clans GRing into the UG of their OPs: again no SI.

Actually the question is: do we want vehicles to became viable transport and battle equipment in the long run? If yes, SI needs to stay. Otherwise lets get rid of SI for GRs, in most cases it actually is only another annoying time sink.

Legoias
15-09-03, 12:34
I would actully be FOR an increase in SI after a death, so that dying actully means a whole lot more.

garyu69
15-09-03, 13:35
I think SI should be in game because the whole theory behind it is once you have used a GR you have basically been Broken down and trasported, then reconstructed the other end.

Of course you wouldn't be the same.

Look at it as going to the pub...... O_o

but i agree on the more GR's needed. Not so they are everywhere but just in more sensible places.

Lucjan
15-09-03, 13:54
Originally posted by Legoias
I would actully be FOR an increase in SI after a death, so that dying actully means a whole lot more.

Then increasing SI would be the wrong way to go in my opinion. I mean what would it do? Another few minutes to wait longer aka an extended time sink. And thats it. Giving death some meaning in NC would be nice, but expanding the time to recover by a simple time sink thingy isnt really the way to go and I doubt it would give death a meaning. XP or item loss would be a more suited solution...but maybe too harsh for many players.

Disturbed021
15-09-03, 21:56
GR SI should be lowered but still there otherwise vhcs give you no benefit at all. Venture Warp does do a similar thing as GRing but you have no control over where the damn thing puts you so SI on that would be a death sentence in several instances.

LoM SI should be removed. With exp loss whats the point of SI? SI was there to stop exploiting now all it does is make you pop a LoM, click alt + tab and spam the forums. So to stop all the spam get rid of the SI on LoMs.

And Rez spell should be removed all together so dying means you are choosing a GR not waiting around to see if you can get rezzed. Just my 2 cents...

Ark
15-09-03, 22:38
psycho i think you should repost this as a poll ^.^

Nasher
15-09-03, 22:43
I think the idea is to try and get people cut down on just teleporting everywhere and using vehicles.

Some people are way to lazy :)

KidWithStick
15-09-03, 22:44
yea this would make the game more fun to play, add more OP fights, and make leveling easier.

another thing to make the game more enjoyable and better for the people who only play like 1-3 hours a day, would be to increase the drop rate, to ATLEEEEEEEEEEEAST 1 L-E tech on a 120/120 mob. and a 50% chance on a WB.

but yea...SI shouldnt even be in the game.

KidWithStick
15-09-03, 22:47
another thing that should be changed is the SL system...something new thats better than the current system needs to be put in.

i remember in the begining of retail pluto was a place that didnt really welcome newbies. most people know that there was alot of hardcore PKing in newbie sewers, and places like MB... since they made the newer (more dumber) SL system you just cant go on rampgaes no more...i want to be able to kill atleast 5-7 people before i have to worry about doing seriously 15+ missions just to gain back to a decent SL.

and dont even get me started on faction symp....:rolleyes:

edit: vote 5 stars ^^

Roc-a-fella
15-09-03, 22:53
Why this is a gooooood idea 5 star

Nasher
15-09-03, 22:57
another thing to make the game more enjoyable and better for the people who only play like 1-3 hours a day, would be to increase the drop rate, to ATLEEEEEEEEEEEAST 1 L-E tech on a 120/120 mob. and a 50% chance on a WB.

Then rares wouldnt be rare, the drop rate needs to DECREASE not increase :/

Disturbed021
15-09-03, 23:03
Originally posted by Nasher
Then rares wouldnt be rare, the drop rate needs to DECREASE not increase :/

oh yes please decrease the drop rate so I can WORK for a month getting tech parts to get a zero slotted weapon :rolleyes:

Lets stop calling them rares. Lets start calling them "Non-npc Buyable High TL Weapons Needed for PvP". Now can we increase the drop rates? :p

Heraclitus
15-09-03, 23:55
REMOVE ALL WEAPON DAMAGE!!!! INCREASE ALL ARMOR 1200%!!!!

SI from GRing takes maybe 60-120 seconds at most. Is this really a huge time suck? No. It's a limiting factor that prevents players from warping in, killing everyone within 500m of the GR then warping out. It promotes strategic groupings for OP fights, not a zerg rush.

Shadow Dancer
16-09-03, 00:00
Originally posted by Heraclitus
It's a limiting factor that prevents players from warping in, killing everyone within 500m of the GR then warping out.

Yea because they can't do that after waiting SI off, right? O_o

It's more like a pointless timesink IMO.

Originally posted by Heraclitus
It promotes strategic groupings for OP fights, not a zerg rush.

How so?

Marx
16-09-03, 00:15
Good idea, part of me disagrees... but the other half is beating that half into submission.

5 stars.

And to the off-topic bit about 'rares'.

THEY'RE NOT FUCKING RARE, THEY STOPPED BEING RARE THE MINUTE THEY BECAME NECCESARY FOR PVP, AND WERE THE ONLY THING VISABLE AT OP FIGHTS.

You "rares are supposed to be rare" people need to get off your fucking high horse and realise that not everyone has the sheer amount of time to camp for hours - or resources to do the same.

Anyway, thats it for taking this topic off-topic... if you don't agree with me; start a thread, don't clutter this one.

Shadow Dancer
16-09-03, 00:19
I totally agree with your stance on rares Marx.

KidWithStick
16-09-03, 00:26
please dont start with that rares being rare bullshit...they should rename them to PvP and up the drop rate.

this post is about SI...dont go off topic.

Lathuc
16-09-03, 00:56
i like it 5 stars

Psycho_Soldier
16-09-03, 01:05
I was thinking. If this was to happen, it wouldnt make vehicles useless. I think there should be more places of interest where GRs should not be. Vehicles could be used in strategy for op fights. For example, I remember having a fight at Simmons, and the enemy clan blocked off the secret tunnel exit from Crahn Abbey. There are plenty of other uses vehicles will have for PvP. So saying vehicles will have no use is bullshit. Also saying people are too lazy? WTF, since when should games be made to make people work and not have fun? At least if this wasn't going to happen, at least make vehicles fun like in Planetside/BF1942/Tribes2/etc/etc/etc....

Psyco Groupie
16-09-03, 01:22
for a start you could rush grs should they be open and/or public ... the more u think about it the more it doesnt work!

Shadow Dancer
16-09-03, 01:23
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
for a start you could rush grs should they be open and/or public ...

What do you mean rush grs? Do you mean rush from the gr?

Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
the more u think about it the more it doesnt work!

Actually the more I think about it, the more I see SI as a pointless timesink.

Ascension
16-09-03, 01:29
Just lower the SI time, Keep it 2 the story line , and factional GR molecular transport etc.;)

athon
16-09-03, 10:12
1) Doesn't the fact that everyone seems to have one at OP wars indicate that the drop rate is currently high enough? I used to use my Commando sniper at OP fights and didn't do too bad.

Agreed, maybe if you had a whole team of people with no rares vs a whole team of people with lots of rares, the team without rares is porbably gonna lose, but how often does that happen?

The rare drop rate is fine as it is. Just because you can't collect all the parts to <whatever rare you want> in a week. Rare parts were designed to be traded. They weren't designed that everyone would have infinite supplies of whatever rare they wanted.

2) Back on topic, how is removing SI going to enable someone to GR in, kill everyone in a 500 m radius and GR out. Maybe one of the few really good PVPers could manage this, but when your OP fighting you watch the GR, it's one of the things you do (as well as watching the underground). Get real.

I believe that removing SI would make for longer, better OP fights, especially for teams that would otherwise be easily overpowered.

NEXT (who iirc own the GR system) could have been doing extensive research and have found a way to reduce / remove the SI that 'used to' occur after Gen-repping.

I believe there's also ground for it being removed after death too, although that's not quite as bad because you have to get repoked, during which time the SI wears off, so its usually not a veyr noticable factor to me.

Athon Solo

Lucjan
16-09-03, 11:15
Originally posted by athon
1) Doesn't the fact that everyone seems to have one at OP wars indicate that the drop rate is currently high enough? I used to use my Commando sniper at OP fights and didn't do too bad.

Agreed, maybe if you had a whole team of people with no rares vs a whole team of people with lots of rares, the team without rares is porbably gonna lose, but how often does that happen?

The rare drop rate is fine as it is. Just because you can't collect all the parts to <whatever rare you want> in a week. Rare parts were designed to be traded. They weren't designed that everyone would have infinite supplies of whatever rare they wanted.

Erm...well...the problem is still: rares are pretty much a requirement for PvP. And to trade in the parts for a gun like PE or CS, it is really not that easy, even if you play several hours a day and have masses of other techparts and millions of cash. I know the problem everytime I need a new CS, PE or Lib. And if have to imagine the same thing from a point of view of someone how doenst play since day 1 and is not spending that much time online, things look pretty sad...

Anyway, rares are a PvP requirement in most cases and as long as we dont have shop weapons on somehow compareable level to rares, the problem will remain. Lets hope the new weapon changes and lineups Lupus is working on will make it into the game - that might help a little with this situation.

El Barto
16-09-03, 11:31
Nah, Si is right for the story line part of the game, but yes put more GRs out, but keep Si, and put GRs in OP UGs so when u own it u don't just apear down there randomly. LoM Si sould be lowed by half as well.

mehirc
16-09-03, 11:50
No SI, no rares, pokebot in plaza, guaranteed slots? What else do i have to read presently?

This is a game where you have to spent some time, thats the difference to normal FPSs. I dont want another fast and furious egoshooter made out of Neocron, so 0 stars from me.