PDA

View Full Version : Fairly intolerable bug.

bounty
15-09-03, 04:05
I'm sure anyone that is familiar with droning knows about the bug where you for no apparent reason start taking faction and SL hits. It comes litereally from thin air. So initially i thought it was no big deal but after playing with this problem for 3 weeks it has gotten way out of hand.

I can't join any clans cause i'm factionless, I can't rejoin the faction cause it would cost 300k, people PK me from my own faction, guard shoot at me from my own faction. It's pathetic. I've used the ingame support funtion 5+ times and they say they can't take care of it ingame, but can if i email their support staff. I don't know what was so difficult about them relaying my problem to the staff that can take care of it. But even if this is addressed and i'm able to join my faction again, it will just happen tommarow and i'll be with the same problem again.

Just venting.

/got nothin

thewarrior008
15-09-03, 04:09
[Removed for violation of forum rules - spam]
--
Gungnir

Psyco Groupie
15-09-03, 04:12
someone ban thewarrior hes admited he has no active ingame account.

just mail helpdesk - gms must have permission from them to adjust soulight or sympathies im afraid

Heraclitus
15-09-03, 04:21
I emailed the help desk about this once. I was in a level 1 sewer while still haveing my LE in and I lsot a ton of soullight etc. This happened like 2 or 3 times with the crappiest low level drones. I emailed support and the response I got was to kill faction guards that were enemies to te factions I've angered. Ummm, what? I was like X/10 at the time. I was told that nothing could be done about it, that it was a product of me not checking my fire and that I neede to be extra careful. Now my droner has reached 57/53 and my sympathies are so horrible is makes me laugh. I'm just glad that faction sympathies seem to mean nothing as far as other faction guards are concerned or else I wouldn't be playing this game today.

At first I thought that it wasn't really a bug, just an oversensitivity to friendly fire when it came to drones (which it partially is). I came later to find out there really is no rhyme or reason to it. I remember once out at MB I had launched my drone and not five seconds after (and not having fired a single shot) it was as if I had PKed a CA runner. Upon surveying the area I saw indeed that a CA runner had died to a mob, I assume but it is absolutely impossible that I had dealt a single point of damage to him. Not only had I not fired my drone but he was behind the bunker and outside and my drone hadn't even left the bunker yet.

bounty
15-09-03, 05:22
Heraclitus

LOL

that made me laugh, so true, i thought the guards just got really pissed off for any slight misfire, here i was blaming my aim for the longest time till i realized it was definitely not me and was a bug.

Cass
15-09-03, 05:37
It IS a bug and they WILL fix it. I speak from personal experience. I first sent an in-game bug report and was told to contact helpdesk. I contacted helpdesk and within 12 hours I noticed my SL and sympathy for one faction jumped 40+ points. I was never contacted in-game when they did it, they just did it.

Richard Slade
15-09-03, 09:32
Can I just add in the fact that my little droner lover has -98 symp with ALL factions except own.. That's... Ungood I belive. Getting kinda tired of listening to friggin' TG guards telling me I'm so dead whenever I walk by *zzZZzzZZZzZZz*

MjukisDjur
15-09-03, 09:34
Originally posted by Cass
It IS a bug and they WILL fix it. I speak from personal experience. I first sent an in-game bug report and was told to contact helpdesk. I contacted helpdesk and within 12 hours I noticed my SL and sympathy for one faction jumped 40+ points. I was never contacted in-game when they did it, they just did it.

I whined about it too but got the "live with it" tm from them.
And I wasn't even harsch in the request. Ill try the pretty please version next time :)