PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting for NDF , Neocron Development Force (Not part of KK just a team im making)

Shujin
15-09-03, 03:45
If you want to take part in this team im trying to put together please post some of your work. Even if you think you couldnt possibly do something or think you are'nt good enough with graphics, you can still try.

Tools for people who want to try to submit anything:

SkinContest.exe ~ 1.38 MB (http://g0dsoft.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=3)
This Has .3ds files for all 4 Playerclasses along with wiremesh skins for skinners. VERY USEFULL

Nc_VFS_Browser.zip ~ 42.1 k (http://home.comcast.net/~sovkhan/Nc_VFS_Browser.zip)
Program which decompresses neocron images so you can look through all the game art. very important program at the moment. You must have VB runtimes for file to work.
(Ps. The Official Website for the NC VFS Browser is at http://www.geocities.com/devils_thrill_mirror ) People who have enver used it may have to install a couple VB runtime files and/or Active X runtime files.

Gmax (Freeware verson of Discreet) ~ 18.77 MB (ftp://ftp1.discreet.com/web/products/gmax/gmax12.exe)
A good beginner 3d modeling program and excelent program to view skins on a model before testing in game. NOTE: requires authorization via email. However it is free to register.

Player Skins are always placed in the neocron\gfx\modeltextures\ dir. Other things such as Hacking Graphics go in neocron\gfx\misc dir.

btw can this be stickied? i know its not a official group but MJS said he liked the idea >.< ( and if u sticky it plz clean up the chitchat me and that kasumi made )

nonamebrandeggs
15-09-03, 03:47
[Edited for violation of forum rules, offering warez - Gungnir]
Also can I try out for head spammer of the team?

Shujin
15-09-03, 03:53
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
[Edited for violation of forum rules, offering warez - Gungnir]

I knew that was gonna happen ;D as soon as I read what he said

Kasumi
15-09-03, 04:05
Sounds like fun.. i have to think about ti though.. if it gets popular.. than i will help -_-*

Shujin
15-09-03, 04:09
Originally posted by Kasumi
Sounds like fun.. i have to think about ti though.. if it gets popular.. than i will help -_-*

Can we say shallow?

Ps. if anyone is wondering whats the KK opinion i PM'd MJS and he said he likes the idea and said go ahead with it ;]

Kasumi
15-09-03, 04:18
No its not being shallow at all.. but if you knew my situation you would know why..

Shujin
15-09-03, 04:18
No its not being shallow at all.. but if you knew my situation you would know why.. O_o whats your situation?

Kasumi
15-09-03, 04:23
I am about to start work as a fulltime 2D/3D artist for company like Reakktor.. and A: Would rather not have to do what i do at work at home.. B: I dont have time to commit to something that might not work.. sorry if that sounds rude -_-*

Shujin
15-09-03, 04:24
I am about to start work as a fulltime 2D/3D artist for company like Reakktor.. and A: Would rather not have to do what i do at work at home.. B: I dont have time to commit to something that might not work.. sorry if that sounds rude -_-*

might not b to legal either >.<

Martin J. Schwiezer
15-09-03, 04:34
Shujin, for as long as you guys work on optional, clientside modifications which don't bring "unfair" advantages whatsoever for the people who use your modifiactons... KK does not have a problem with it.

Shujin
15-09-03, 04:36
Woot ;] *hugs Mj*

:} would RPOS customization with a solid crosshair be unfair advantage due to the fact that the crosshair would be easier to see? ( someone asked me to make them one but i said no for the moment bcuz i duno if that'd b considered exploiting )

Martin J. Schwiezer
15-09-03, 04:53
Well, generally cosmetic changes are allowed... But it would be judged upon case by case.

Dezerter
15-09-03, 04:54
Sounds fun, I'll see if I might try getting into it (But you know, on top of my RL load, I still need to play neocron too! ;))

Also, whats up with the solid crosshair?
Really, having at transparent one lets you aim easer IMO.

Though, I'd like a crosshair, that was actually a cross (hence, a plus sign or the sort.) This shouldn't be exploiting at all, it's just not having a circle rather a cross to aim with. Unless everyones aim increases by like 500% when they start using it (that would be seriously wrong.) I can't see how it would exploit +| o_O

enablerbr
15-09-03, 04:55
Shujin GMAX is only free unless any work done in it is used for commercial use. then you have to pay a fee to discreet.

Shujin
15-09-03, 04:57
well it wont be used commercially. work the team would do would be free for anyone to use ;]

Mankind
15-09-03, 05:06
Not to sound sneeky but if you don't release any progress on it and you do things that give you "player advantages", how does KK have any way of finding out? Like any random person going in their game and making their map textures pure white and player textures pure black. On top of that you can make stealth be green instead of that transparent blue.

Shujin
15-09-03, 05:08
well i dont even know of a way u could give a player advantages. u cant make a invisible person visible as someone stated as a reason for flaming my idea, and u cant make drones 6x bigger so u can shoot them

u cant really do anything other than makin custom gfx

and that could be done anytime, im not starting anything that couldnt be done before. people just didnt think about it really

Mankind
15-09-03, 05:10
You can't make an invisible player visible? There is a texture for stealth right? All you would have to do is make it bright yellow from where I can see.

Kasumi
15-09-03, 05:11
mankind most of the stuff is in the .act file.. not many people know how to edit those.. probably.. and what would makeing the player models pure white do? or the textures pure black? i dont understand your reasonsing..

Shujin
15-09-03, 05:13
mankind most of the stuff is in the .act file.. not many people know how to edit those.. probably.. and what would makeing the player models pure white do? or the textures pure black? i dont understand your reasonsing..

you cant edit them unless u have KK's g3d editor which they custom made.

Mankind
15-09-03, 05:15

Okay then it is possible to do such things. Black characters running across a white terrain with no sky would be very easy to see, don't you agree?

Kasumi
15-09-03, 05:16
So? this isnt counter-strike.. or one shot kill game... and if he used a the outfitter he wouldnt be white anymore =P there also the thing of the distance you can see.. as well as a few other factors..

Edit: This is OT so i wont be responding to somehting like this anymore..

Mankind
15-09-03, 05:19
You wouldn't believe how easy it is to see those "green people" in Neocron. On my computer I see them a mile away..now if I was a spy with a SH, they'd be like a sitting duck :p And no this isn't Counter-strike but being able to access textures in Neocron can give pretty simple player advantages.

Shujin
15-09-03, 05:19
Originally posted by Mankind
Okay then it is possible to do such things. Black characters running across a white terrain with no sky would be very easy to see, don't you agree?

u cant edit the terrain either.

but if u want a white / black character runnin arcross the normal turrain go ahead that'll jus b kinda annoyin to me and wouldnt help in anyway ;P

Pill
15-09-03, 05:55
you know, it's quicker just to ask discreet for a demo cd of max 5, and just reinstall it every 30 days.

Kasumi
15-09-03, 05:59
Or you can buy it? lol

Pill
15-09-03, 06:11
you have an extra 3 grand for me to buy it? i didn't think so.

Shujin
15-09-03, 06:16
k dont use gmax if u dont want o.0

Invhunter
15-09-03, 07:54
You can use gmax only for testing the textures.
To you guys afraid for others getting advantages from changing stuff in the game.....
With every start of NC without your knowledge NC makes a filecheck to check if the sensible files of NC has been changed. So nothing realy of interrest can be changed.

Richard Slade
15-09-03, 08:45
Let's get back to topic here..
Am I right when I'm assuming that you're just looking for texture modelling guys or are we into something deeper here?
There's an assload of kewl and less kewl stuff (more of the last...)
on my puter that could've been used for this purpose.

But are we doing anything else than textures on chars and such?

Kasumi
15-09-03, 09:06
Texture.. Icons.. are about the only thing you can do at the moment..

Voodoo_Magic
11-01-08, 17:46
Intresting read :O

Riddle
11-01-08, 17:52
OMG - Bump from hell :eek:

Glok
11-01-08, 18:01
Intresting read :OHoly shit. :o

Nidhogg
11-01-08, 19:11
Closed.