PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Activity around the cities.

Rieper
15-09-03, 00:26
Just thought of an idea to add more atmosphere.

How about if Neocron had spaceships and planes going in and out? only visible from outside, just enough to make it look busy. Miltary Base could have formation of faction guards marching. TG should have more mobs spawning by the gates that the guards should be fighting.
Techhaven should have those laser shield looking things on the outside as well as rotating satellite dishes.

Inside the cities how about NPCs going around their business, Callash already implemented NPCs with something random to say, why not have them on a patrol, or travelling a route... even changing zones if possible.

What about shift changes in shops? every 12 NC hours the shops could close for a couple of minutes so that the NPCS could swap round (different skins) Patrolling Copbots? What about the patrol hoverbots that used to travel around, why not go further and have ones even higher up in the sky, going about their business?

I saw the concept art in the clothing thread and just thought it would look cool to be in the wastelands and see activity, as right now from the outside all the bases look dead and empty, and the insides aren't much better, so i thought this might help.

Feedback much appreciated :) :)

Mumblyfish
15-09-03, 00:29
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming, homophobic ]

Syntax-Error
15-09-03, 00:31
Nice appart from they dont have spaceships yet :P

Vash th3 Flash
15-09-03, 00:31
Thank you, nid! Thank you!

EDIT: We want the NCPD cars back!

Rieper
15-09-03, 00:32
they can travel to Tokyo 2 according to the manual...i didnt mean interstellar stuff....

Marx
15-09-03, 00:33
I agree, ever since those lil' ships in the city disapeared I've felt small, and insignificant.

:(

5 stars.

Syntax-Error
15-09-03, 00:33
Not for a long time. re-read the end of the history. when they all left for irata3(sp) the space industy collapsed.

Ascension
15-09-03, 00:34
Originally posted by Rieper
Callash already implemented NPCs with something random to say

Well, Yes we have NPC's but they same the same stuff over and over since they have been placed. They were meant 2 enahnce the story line but now they are not interesting no more:(

Rieper
15-09-03, 00:34
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
Not for a long time. re-read the end of the history. when they all left for irata3(sp) the space industy collapsed.

ok, yep :) i'd just like to see stuff flying above NC city, in and out.
It might be nice to see the tops of skyscrapers too..

Syntax-Error
15-09-03, 00:36
i agree. mainly why cant we see the actual dome ?? its all just flat earth :eek:

Mumbly RETURNS!
15-09-03, 00:38
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - ban evasion ]

Marx
15-09-03, 00:39
evading ban = bad.

Syntax-Error
15-09-03, 00:40
Hmm. arnt forum accounts now linked to game accounts?

Mumbly RETURNS!
15-09-03, 00:40
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - ban evasion ]

Nidhogg
15-09-03, 00:47
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
Hmm. arnt forum accounts now linked to game accounts? Yes but some people have multiple game accounts. He'll run out of accounts before I run out of the desire to ban him.

N

Duder
15-09-03, 00:48
Right now, the little hoverships that should fly around in NC arnt flying.

And id like to see NPCs moving about, so they look like their doing something...

mdares
15-09-03, 00:51
i dunt think a "patrol" patch would be hard to code in... just make specific "lanes" from one point to the next and have say 3-4 NPCs in each zone that walks them...

but yeah more like in the areas would be nice.

Syntax-Error
15-09-03, 00:52
Well there was a NPC on test not long ago (a stripper and a copbot) that you could make follow you.

Duder
15-09-03, 00:54
Yeah, who would want a eh..supersized stripper follow you around?

MrAnderson
15-09-03, 01:02
Nid u the man...

great idea, should be easy to code... but also some one said that the space ship that went from neo to toyo didnt leave the atmosphere??? im damn sure that it did so it didnt touch the radiation i may be wrong though

Syntax-Error
15-09-03, 01:04
Originally posted by Duder
Yeah, who would want a eh..supersized stripper follow you around?

more to the point who wouldnt :P

that was just an example that the Devs are trying this sorta stuff already.

Rieper
15-09-03, 01:24
well, i hope its implemented soon, Bustling cities = Good Thing :)