PDA

View Full Version : question: punisher drone.

bounty
14-09-03, 22:02
I'm getting really close to using this drone, is it a fusion type drone or like a rgc type? ALso what kind of damage will i be able to do with it and is it a fairly good boost against mobs from my PN?

Ehyuko
14-09-03, 22:20
The punisher does slightly less damage then a PN on a direct hit to a mob and far less damage against a player. It is a RG type drone [like the RG 1000], in my opinion it's less useful then a particle nemesis, except to hunt in areas where the AoE will be hitting more then 2-3 mobs per shot.

bounty
14-09-03, 22:24
Ouch. that is all i can say is ouch. Might be worth it for leveling in chaos caves, but i was hoping for a really high damage fusion cannon like drone, now that would kick ass.

Mumblyfish
14-09-03, 22:29
It's not even close to being worth it.

It'd be NICE if it could be used to level, but it boosts your rank so high it's impossible. A-boo.

Eddie
14-09-03, 22:48
And by the time you can actually use it.. because of it's stupidly high reqs - you'll not need to level too much more anyway.

So change it. Either make it more powerful as a AoE drone against teams of closely clumped players (ie a PPU following a tank around - a drone like this should hurt them both), or change it and make it a fusion drone, or a rocket drone or whatever.

[I know nothing about drones btw]

Eddie

=SSC=Gandalf
14-09-03, 23:03
it CAN be used to lvl, punisher @ (110 dex + 3 drugs) + lotsa snakes = fast xp

Eddie
14-09-03, 23:36
122 DEX - 25 DEX from imps = 97 base DEX.

This is not counting drugs because they are a pain and cause fuzzy vision and can run out at any time and stuff.

On that note.. if you rely on drugs to launch a drone.. and whilst the drone is still in the air, your drugs run out.. will you drone fall to the floor, or carry on flying?

Eddie

Bob Monkhouse
14-09-03, 23:45
With drugs you can start using the Punisher fairly early on to get great exp gains in the Graves.

Droners are a great class to use drugs to level with, because you dont have to move your body at all, so the fuzz is an inconvenience, but doesnt stop you launching drones.

The drone interface is always clear, even if you can't see anything because of drug haze. In addition, if the drugs ware off mid flight, you retain control of the drone, the drugs are only needed to launch.

KramerTheWeird
14-09-03, 23:48
If you can CAP punisher, it's more effective than particle nemesis, and may be viable in OP combat if it wasn't so slow (would work nice on roof tops, shoot then duck back for cover). However that means having a tech part built one and almost complete dedication to droning (little to no tradeskilling), a special riggers interface and maybe a rigger's dream :)

Keyol45743241
15-09-03, 00:02
:wtf: A Punisher usefull for PvP?!? :lol:

No. It is not.

Range = Abyssimal. If you hide in an Op, you're dead meat for a counterdroner or anyone with the slightest amount of brain and a stealth device.

Damage = Whatever you do, it is ridiculous, compared even to a puny Hew Burner.

Speed = I've seen faster grandmothers in wheelchairs.

Projectile Speed = If your target is to far away you're not gonna hit anything that even remotely thinks of moving.

It IS usefull for leveling quickly, and I reccomend drugs to do so. And he who uses an original Punisher is a stupid tosser who deservers to be shot without trial somewhere in the desert and left for the vultures. :D Same goes for all original rare drones, one serverhiccup and it is gone, one APU Monkeh who uses HL or whatever..... even dying suffices, it will fall to the floor to be either picked up or decay.

CRAIG DIGGERS
15-09-03, 00:34
Originally posted by bounty
I'm getting really close to using this drone, is it a fusion type drone or like a rgc type? ALso what kind of damage will i be able to do with it and is it a fairly good boost against mobs from my PN?

Well i can only talk from Punisher builded from bp's at the moment.
doing 117 - 120 damage on 120/120 boss mobs.

Otherwise 140 on 100/100 and 60 - 80 in the area standing mobs.
Hitting 6 at once with this raycannon shoot .
I am at about 120% damage now. have not enough wpw cuz i am constructor with 153 base skill around and only 64 wpw.

I think this drone rocks on a full wpw/rcl spy :)

Ehyuko
15-09-03, 01:26
Perhaps it can be useful for a FULL RCL and WPR droner spy, but I cannot believe anyone could play a fully dedicated droner for long [the only person I know of to try it quit Neocron 2 days after going this path due to frustration]. Let me remind you this means:

In dex

0 TC - no stealth
0 Agil - slowpoke
0 repair - back to the gogo
0 vhc - not even a chaincraft

In int

0 research
0 construct - I'll be blunt, not many tradeskillers will do batches of 116/122 drones
0 imp - might as well not use imps for how much you'll die
0 hack - no tech mob loot
0 barter - no discounts

-limited to spy PA/anti-rad suit and battle armour 2 for defense [need all other imps to give +dex... depending on spy PA bonuses]

Currently I have enough TC to use stealth 2, under 50 Agil, 40 repair [can get +21 from imps/psi], just over 75 hack and 80 imp. I'm considering Loming the hack down to just enough to open warbots.... but that won't give me much more WPR, and loming repair completely... for another 8 RCL... 10 RCL will boost a built PN by 6% in the damage stat - I don't really think it's worth it.

So for all intents outside of stealth I am basicly a pure combat droner [:p oxymoron I know], considering I have to be alive to drone stealth is nessicary for someone with no close combat ability. Even riflers can pull a gun and fire back.

I've heard it's possible to cap a PN's damage at 165-170 in both remote control and willpower with 120% in all stats, no one either on the test server or off has ever claimed to cap a player made PN with any imp/stat setups [so go try all ye test server 'testers'], I get 106% with aprox 175 RCL and 150 WPR. So based on what I know of the PN I very much doubt you will see even a near capped [over 160%] Punisher in the near future.

Edit: Forgot, this was originally meant to reply to Craig Diggers, With a PN I do ~ 126 damage a burst to the sandviper king, rank 120/120, with a Punisher I do 118 or 120 on a direct hit. Both are player built [80% and 79% respectively]

flyjedi
15-09-03, 01:44
i heard something on test server about new rare drones coming out. could be interestng to see cause droners are quite good for op wars

Wilson
15-09-03, 14:55
Originally posted by flyjedi
i heard something on test server about new rare drones coming out. could be interestng to see cause droners are quite good for op wars

They are introducing a rare kami drone * yawn *

Has anyone asked for a new kami drone? How about the many many requests for a high level gatling drone?

Oh well

Psyco Groupie
15-09-03, 15:00
if you want to trade skill paly on multi char server to avoid bordem.

and never fear ... when the special riggers eventually comes out i should cap all drones .. yay

jernau
15-09-03, 15:23
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
if you want to trade skill paly on multi char server to avoid bordem.

and never fear ... when the special riggers eventually comes out i should cap all drones .. yay

No it won't - not even close.

On topic - The punisher does have two advantages in PvM.

1) It's armour is several times better than a PN. A PN has trouble taking more than one WBT without a relaunch whereas a Punisher can take 3 or 4 at once without any great risk.

2) AoE makes it top drone for levelling, no question. Of course this only applies in the chaos caves (were idiots and bugs will wreck your SL) and the graves. Seeing as 99% of droners cap in the graves you'll end up wanting a Punisher sooner or later.

wrt Rank when levelling - change your implants around to drop your subskills while keeping DEX high and you'll be fine. Drone damage is so pitiful you won't miss the overskill.

Keyol45743241
15-09-03, 22:25
I do cap the Particle Nemesis. Player built ones, that is, which are at 80% quality cap. I can even hack any kind of mob and drive my Reveler Chaincraft(s) with the new imps - and that doesn't include the special rigger interface since it doesn't drop at the moment, when I have it, I have 50 Dexskillpoints and 50 Intskillpoints more left over to play around with.

Would have been more, but Callash deceided to cheat us out of the droner PA although there was a viable solution which disadvantaged no spy: One PA for Weaponlore and one PA for Willpower :mad: